Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tulip Garden relaunched for en bloc sale

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Actually the price tag of $600m+ or so isn't that high. Many of the GLS were sold at higher prices. Just that developers not that bullish on that site - can't help but feel that locality is getting passe. Nature? No. Very near city? No. Transportation? Average. Amenities? Average. Nice views? No. Exclusively private? No.

No USP. The worst is ulu pandan area. Avoid at all costs.
    Wow,u say until like that, owners of TG all

Near holland V and Dempsey passé? So where is the happening place now? And why avoid ulu Pandan at all costs? Its quiet and big spaces

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    Near holland V and Dempsey passé? So where is the happening place now? And why avoid ulu Pandan at all costs? Its quiet and big spaces
    now pple like big malls like Nex. transport hubs, development stories. Pool of water can also sell 1000 psf in true ulu locations.

Holland road stretch has it own charm. Frankly, FH development launches are at prices that are most probably out of reach to most pple at 40% LTV. MM whole plot of land will be highly unlikely.

rcr is the star performer gg forward...ccr later on....jus be abit more patient

I think it's not passé, just that now it's up graders market driving sales... Once that dry up, then prime luxury will move

Overhang of supply.... not surprise why no bids... still a lot of unsold units in tat area..

I think that must be it.... Probably in 3 years time when all dleedon and lee don residence sold out then developer will big

I think that must be it.... Probably in 3 years time when all dleedon and lee don residence sold out then developer will big

many moons ago ... Tulip gardens was like a 'dream location ' to me

however, many moons later ..flyover .... etc ... somehow ... it loses it attraction ... feels 'cornered' ...

now i prefer those on the opposite side ..like Sutton, Sommerville park ... quieter ...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    many moons ago ... Tulip gardens was like a 'dream location ' to me

however, many moons later ..flyover .... etc ... somehow ... it loses it attraction ... feels 'cornered' ...

now i prefer those on the opposite side ..like Sutton, Sommerville park ... quieter ...
    Actually you are right.... A little more crossed there now... But they have option to face leedon park so should be able to overcome the constraint if new development comes up... Plus if you go down to the site, they development can have holland road entrance, farrer entrance or leedon as main entrance... So actually quite a lot of option

But seriously... so many failed attempt for tulip garden. not sure if this very "heng sui" location hehehe... think of it how many attemp and about success attemp. some of the owner getting 5% pocket money last two year ago.

Heard from a housing agent that the CSC for Tulip Garden has now gone back to the owners to accept a lower price (< 650M), can someone confirm this rumour ?

Lower price? Jurong above 1k psf ppr and tulip if lower price will be damn close to the same price for the jurong pricing man.... D10 and freehold.... If I got money I will buy tulip garden man.... I think sure make money...

Lower price? Jurong above 1k psf ppr and tulip if lower price will be damn close to the same price for the jurong pricing man.... D10 and freehold.... If I got money I will buy tulip garden man.... I think sure make money...
    Harlow..its a white site my fren....

Ya I know.... But it still make aD10 site looks cheap in comparion?

Cannot compare at all

Just remember tat tanjong pagar white site was sold only at 1kpsf last yr

Jurong comparable wif cbd?

Someone here mentioned that Capitaland has cornered the Jurong East MRT area. This sounds similar to FEO cornering the Amber Road area. Get ready for residential and commercial prices to fly in the next 1-2 years in JLD.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    What is the difference before white site and enbloc sale?
    What I can see is that for white site the construction can be started as soon as 6 months after the tender is awarded
    For enbloc, the buyer can take possession of the whole development 6-12 months after the tender is awarded, and another few month to demolish the existing building if the buyer wish so. Of course the buyer bear the risk of the pro-longed completion time if the any of the existing owners file petition against the deal. However, given the now more stringent enbloc rules, I doubt that there can be petitions with grounds

I would say that the difference between white site and enbloc site is roughly 12 months difference between the time the buyer can start the construction

Quote Originally Posted by SpinCity
    What I can see is that for white site the construction can be started as soon as 6 months after the tender is awarded
    For enbloc, the buyer can take possession of the whole development 6-12 months after the tender is awarded, and another few month to demolish the existing building if the buyer wish so. Of course the buyer bear the risk of the pro-longed completion time if the any of the existing owners file petition against the deal. However, given the now more stringent enbloc rules, I doubt that there can be petitions with grounds

I would say that the difference between white site and enbloc site is roughly 12 months difference between the time the buyer can start the construction
    White site can build shopping/office/residential all in one.

one is purely residential....the other is mixed

one is purely residential....the other is mixed
    I was commenting on your post of white site compared to enbloc site
    not the use of the site

I was commenting on your post of white site compared to enbloc site
    not the use of the site
    tats y i said cannot compare....anything wrong?

office, retail and residential valued differently

tats y i said cannot compare....anything wrong?

office, retail and residential valued differently

above was your comment
    To me you were comparing white site with tulip garden, the enbloc site
    nothing mentioned in your post about the use of the land

So is 1200 psf ppr reasonable?

above was your comment
    To me you were comparing white site with tulip garden, the enbloc site
    nothing mentioned in your post about the use of the land
    i comment on ccr's comment...

and i aso added cannot compare at all..

i suggest u go thru the order of comments again

So is 1200 psf ppr reasonable?
    how much is the DC charge applicable to tulip?

i comment on ccr's comment...

and i aso added cannot compare at all..

i suggest u go thru the order of comments again
    To make it clear, I add the sequence of the comments from CCR's comment to mine

Cannot compare at all
    Just remember tat tanjong pagar white site was sold only at 1kpsf last yr

Jurong comparable wif cbd?
    Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Someone here mentioned that Capitaland has cornered the Jurong East MRT area. This sounds similar to FEO cornering the Amber Road area. Get ready for residential and commercial prices to fly in the next 1-2 years in JLD.

Nothing was mention about the use of the land at all. until later posts. You brought us the issue of one is white site one is enbloc, correct?

i said cannot compare jld white site purchase px of 1kpsf wif tulip enbloc px tag

den u ask me y....so i said diff land use....

is there a problem?

i said cannot compare jld white site purchase px of 1kpsf wif tulip enbloc px tag

den u ask me y....so i said diff land use....

is there a problem?
    I never asked you why leh. Just said that white site definitely can be compared with enbloc site

Even lands of different uses can be compared, just need to set the correct parameters

A sweeping statement say land of different use cannot be compared is not correct

I never asked you why leh. Just said that white site definitely can be compared with enbloc site

Even lands of different uses can be compared, just need to set the correct parameters

A sweeping statement say land of different use cannot be compared is not correct
    so how to compare jld white site wif tulip?

jld white sold at 1016psf ppr...min 40% set aside for office...the rest commercial/residential/hotel

so we can use industrial site and hotel site to make comparison wif residential site? how to set the parameters correctly inorder to make a fair comparison?