Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Tulip Garden relaunched for en bloc sale

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    I mean tulip garden planning a second tender next month... If no other bad news and CM5 I think will sell... I heard Gucocland launching Leedon Residence in Jul, at 2200 to 2500 psf.... So at 1200 psf ppr, Tulip is cheap man.... Too bad I no money to buy land lol..... And for d'leedon, it's not true that it's not selling well k... They released two blocks, almost all units from 1-24 floors all sold out k, dont play play..... Only those above 25 where they are pricing it at a premium of above 2100 psf moving slower..... Rmournthey releasing another tower soon.... Akan datang
    Think Guccoland Leedon Residence is FH, and isn't this the one where they redo their showflat last year..., was suppose to launch few mths back...then CM4 came along...

Yup... Exactly that one.... As I drove by, the show flat almost done....

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    Yup... Exactly that one.... As I drove by, the show flat almost done....
    quiet excited to see the quality of finishing since they tear down the showroom and rebuild it again after d'Leedon showcase such a big showroom.

Leedon Height plot of land is also big. My heart got out to the GCB owners nearby. After dleedon build finish, they get to continue the symphony for LH and possibility Tulip Garden sometime down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    quiet excited to see the quality of finishing since they tear down the showroom and rebuild it again after d'Leedon showcase such a big showroom.

Leedon Height plot of land is also big. My heart got out to the GCB owners nearby. After dleedon build finish, they get to continue the symphony for LH and possibility Tulip Garden sometime down the road.
    this new project definitely got better furnishing and layout den dleedon....i mean dleedon using cheap homo tiles+laminates(bigger units got parquet but its actually cheaper den timber strips!)

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    this new project definitely got better furnishing and layout den dleedon....i mean dleedon using cheap homo tiles+laminates(bigger units got parquet but its actually cheaper den timber strips!)
    DP, parque is same as timber strips lah. A quote i got from renotalk.com

""A parquet floor is a wooden floor made of small pieces of wood put together.

In Singapore, when the term "parquet" is used, it is normally understood to mean small solid wood pieces. Above a certain size of the pieces, it is then referred to as timber or timber strip. So in terms of durability and wear, parquet and timber flooring would be the same, assuming same wood used.

In terms of cost, parquet is cheaper. In terms of looks, that's personal. The usual thought though is that larger timber strips look nicer. Now, people may think that parquet flooring looks dated, but look at mosaic tiles for bathrooms -- you wait long enough, from dated, it then comes back into fashion as retro!
    ""

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Durability depend on type of wood used.
    Parquet because of small size tend to pop up easily over time here & there & need to keep getting contractors to stick back. Seen too many cases of that. Could be due to small surface to stick to floor & expansion & contraction? No such problem with big piece of timber strips. As the saying goes: pay 1 ct money get act material.

In Singapore, when the term "parquet" is used, it is normally understood to mean small solid wood pieces. Above a certain size of the pieces, it is then referred to as timber or timber strip. So in terms of durability and wear, parquet and timber flooring would be the same, assuming same wood used.

In terms of cost, parquet is cheaper. In terms of looks, that's personal. The usual thought though is that larger timber strips look nicer. Now, people may think that parquet flooring looks dated, but look at mosaic tiles for bathrooms -- you wait long enough, from dated, it then comes back into fashion as retro!
    ""

""
    Normally, longer and wider timber strips are much more expensive....than parquet. For me, big timber strips look nicer...

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Durability depend on type of wood used.
    Parquet because of small size tend to pop up easily over time here & there & need to keep getting contractors to stick back. Seen too many cases of that. Could be due to small surface to stick to floor & expansion & contraction? No such problem with big piece of timber strips. As the saying goes: pay 1 ct money get act material.
    bro, i not sure about parque..... but doesnt larger piece of wood warp easlier? That what contractors tell me..... the difference here is minute issnt it. Just that 10cm longer will be so much difference? Wood dont expand much ba, its a bad conductor of heat. Any bros here have them on your properties? I think the pricing is just marketing difference or positioning strategies.

I think quality of wood, perhaps teak will be preferred perhaps.

those big big piece engineered timber flooring is da best.....gd for humid weather

i started a new thread on discussion on finishing! LEts shift the discussion there.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Don't think so. Do you see those solid wood table surface warp? No right? Good solid wood won't warp. I never see any solid wood flooring warp. Those you see are the compressed or engineered wood?

For sure small piece parquet can pop easily. I have seen that too often in landed properties where they used to use small pieces parquet for flooring of bedrooms.

These are not marketing difference but advantages in bigger piece timber woods vs small piece parquets.

bro, i not sure about parque..... but doesnt larger piece of wood warp easlier? That what contractors tell me..... the difference here is minute issnt it. Just that 10cm longer will be so much difference? Wood dont expand much ba, its a bad conductor of heat. Any bros here have them on your properties? I think the pricing is just marketing difference or positioning strategies.

I think quality of wood, perhaps teak will be preferred perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Don't think so. Do you see those solid wood table surface warp? No right? Good solid wood won't warp. I never see any solid wood flooring warp. Those you see are the compressed or engineered wood?

For sure small piece parquet can pop easily. I have seen that too often in landed properties where they used to use small pieces parquet for flooring of bedrooms.

These are not marketing difference but advantages in bigger piece timber woods vs small piece parquets.
    gd quality enigneered wood better den same quality solid wood

no gapping/cupping watever....

Not the same. It's like a large piece of solid marble vs broken marble. The worst is laminate, i.e. sticker.

In terms of cost, parquet is cheaper. In terms of looks, that's personal. The usual thought though is that larger timber strips look nicer. Now, people may think that parquet flooring looks dated, but look at mosaic tiles for bathrooms -- you wait long enough, from dated, it then comes back into fashion as retro! ""

wat is engineered timber flooring? Gypson board (i.e. plywood) with laminate as the top layer? I dun want to get into too much discussion on this but if u think about it, if u have a large diamond with superb 5 Cs or a good large piece of wood or marble which u sell at a premium, why would u cut it up into scraps to make plywood or gypson board? In short, once its engineered wood (plywood?), u can be assured that it is the inferior quality that has been rejected (i.e. waste), and the shreds are stuck together with some glue to form engineered wood. The BEST quality timber or teak will NOT be cut into shreds to make plywood. So, once your flooring is made of plywood with laminate, u can be sure, these are already the "rejected" wood/timber that cannot be sold whole. Similarly for broken marble. Because when u find a nice piece of marble with consistent colour, it is unlikely u cut it into a million pieces and sell as broken marble. in short, it is already inferior product to begin with.

those big big piece engineered timber flooring is da best.....gd for humid weather

Fact of the matter from a contractor friend ( apply to natural wood; not engineering wood), this is what i heard:

1. Small piece of timber strip or parquet is cheaper and also easier for contractor to lay. Even if flood is not that flat after the screeding of the floor, small pieces easier to place. But disadvantage is more joints, more points of weakness and more likehood of hollow after time.

2. Wider timber strip or parquet is certainly more expensive. Contractor doing the floor screed surface need to more skillful and make sure it is more flat and less tolerance. Of course less joints, mean chance of hollowness compared to smaller strips.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    wat is engineered timber flooring? Gypson board (i.e. plywood) with laminate as the top layer? I dun want to get into too much discussion on this but if u think about it, if u have a large diamond with superb 5 Cs or a good large piece of wood or marble which u sell at a premium, why would u cut it up into scraps to make plywood or gypson board? In short, once its engineered wood (plywood?), u can be assured that it is the inferior quality that has been rejected (i.e. waste), and the shreds are stuck together with some glue to form engineered wood. The BEST quality timber or teak will NOT be cut into shreds to make plywood. So, once your flooring is made of plywood with laminate, u can be sure, these are already the "rejected" wood/timber that cannot be sold whole. Similarly for broken marble. Because when u find a nice piece of marble with consistent colour, it is unlikely u cut it into a million pieces and sell as broken marble. in short, it is already inferior product to begin with.
    y argue wif me?

just google the answer for urself

So tulip garden can go en bloc?

Google definitely didn't tell me that engineered wood is the best as you've stated - unless u're using a different google. I just find the statement "engineered wood better than solid wood" a misleading statement that need some clarification. Anyway, to each his own.

y argue wif me?

just google the answer for urself

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Google definitely didn't tell me that engineered wood is the best as you've stated - unless u're using a different google. I just find the statement "engineered wood better than solid wood" a misleading statement that need some clarification. Anyway, to each his own.

engineered wood ... was invented as an alternatives to solid wood ...

as solid wood becomes more and more expensive, more and more rare and people are trying hard to not cut down trees ...

they maybe AS DURABLE AS solid wood ... but definitely not better

for those who is GREEN friendly and find cost a concern, then engineered wood is a good choice

Good quality engineered wood can b more ex den solid wood n cfm less cupping/gapping over the yrs

Anyway shall stop now....i machiam tok like i m selling enginered wood....hahaha

Default Tulip Garden in collective sale bid

TG in the news yet again, like never ending saga, asking price down now:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...136597/1/.html

Tulip Garden in collective sale bid
    By Julie Quek | Posted: 22 June 2011 2134 hrs
    Photos 1 of 1 " src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" width=18 height=15 type=image>
    Tulip Garden

SINGAPORE: Tulip Garden has re-launched its collective sale, after its last unsuccessful tender exercise that closed in January this year.

Credo Real Estate, which is handling the sale, said the owners of the 164-unit development are asking a minimum S$600 million, down from the previous price of S$650 million.

Credo said the majority of the owners present at an extraordinary general meeting last month voted in favour of seeking a written mandate from at least 80 per cent of the owners to lower the reserve price.

Credo added while the process is still ongoing, the collective sale committee has decided to relaunch the tender exercise.

At an asking price of S$600 million, developers are looking at an effective land cost of about S$1,153 per square foot per plot ratio, based on the allowable plot ratio of 1.6425.

Should the developer choose to maximise the potential 10 per cent allowable space for balconies, the effective land cost could be lowered to S$1,118 per square foot per plot ratio, after factoring in development charge of some S$23 million.

Tulip Garden has a total gross floor area of about 557.4 thousand square feet, which includes the additional 10 per cent balcony.

The development can potentially yield about 400 apartments, with an average size of 1,325 square feet, depending on layout.

Tulip Garden is located at the corner of Holland Road and Farrer Road in the prime district 10 area.

The tender closes on July 19.

-CNA/wk

So will it go thru this time?

Should go thru.

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

Default Tulip Garden relaunched for en bloc sale

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...44451,00.html?

Published June 23, 2011

Tulip Garden relaunched for en bloc sale

By UMA SHANKARI

TULIP Garden at Farrer Road, which couldn't find a buyer in its last en bloc attempt, has been relaunched for sale.

Marketing agent Credo Real Estate is seeking a new mandate from owners to lower the reserve price to $600 million from $650 million previously.

This lowers the effective land cost to $1,118 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr) - assuming that the purchaser chooses to maximise the potential 10 per cent space allowed for balconies and including a $23 million development charge.

The land cost was $1,250 psf ppr at the previous tender exercise, which closed in January this year.

The tender was relaunched after the 164-unit property's collective sale committee (CSC) convened an extraordinary general meeting last month to ask owners to vote on whether to maintain the minimum price or lower it.

The majority of the owners at the meeting voted to get a written mandate from at least 80 per cent of all owners to reduce the reserve price.

The CSC has decided to relaunch the tender while that process is still ongoing, Credo said.

'At the close of the new tender on July 19, if the best bid is supported by an independent valuer's advice and falls between $600 million and $650 million, the CSC would be in a position to accept - if by that time, the process of lowering the reserve price is complete,' said Credo managing director Karamjit Singh. 'If the best bid is higher than $650 million, then the CSC would not need to wait for the new mandate to be completed.'

Tulip Garden was sold en bloc for $516 million in July 2007, but the deal fell through when the buyer - a consortium led by Bravo Building Construction - backed out in 2008 after it had trouble raising funds.

Elsewhere, Balmoral Condominium along Balmoral Road has been sold in a en bloc deal for $141 million ($1,546 psf ppr) to a consortium consisting of Tiong Seng Holdings, Tong Eng Group and Clarus Corporation.

The existing development comprises 45 apartments. Each owner will potentially receive between $2.85 million and $3.26 million, depending on their apartment's size, said Savills Singapore, which brokered the deal.

'The land price of $1,546 psf ppr is a record land rate since the collective sale of Westwood Apartments at $2,525 psf ppr in 2007 which, incidentally, was also brokered by Savills,' said Suzie Mok, Savills director of investment sales. 'This transaction should give a boost to the high-end residential segment as current prices are still below the peak levels seen in 2007.'

The site can accommodate around 80 apartments averaging 1,100-1,200 sq ft, Savills said. The breakeven price for the new development is estimated at $2,200-2,300 psf.

Balmoral Condominium is Savills' third collective sale for the year following Newton View at $147.6 million and Amber Towers at $161.6 million in March and April respectively.

Anyone heard anything on tulip garden results? Are there any bidders?

Hi anyone heard anything? The tender close today

no news means no deal lor ~

Quote Originally Posted by august
    no news means no deal lor ~
    The best scenario for no news means no offer above the reserve price but still got interests, and agent has 10 weeks to work out a private treaty

Quote Originally Posted by SpinCity
    The best scenario for no news means no offer above the reserve price but still got interests, and agent has 10 weeks to work out a private treaty

apart from fellow Tulip Gardeners (hehe)

does anyone feel that its location is good ?
    taking into consideration ..its entrance being on a slip road ... close to a cross junction ...etc

Quite a few FH condo enblocs in D13 iin the last 6 months. Could be the city fringe locaiton and quantum is not that large.