Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Caribbean At Keppel Bay (D4, 99-year Leasehold, by Keppel Land)

Quote Originally Posted by DN
    I was told the agent eventually switched firm to Linkvest Realty ( a small time property agency and firm) and also change her name from Nicole to Nichole. Apparently, her middle name was also changed to hide her identity as her old name and association with DTZ already had quite a reputation which cost her quite a bit of business.
    whats the surname? can check CEA database to see photo...

Default Nicole Cantik

Quote Originally Posted by august
    whats the surname? can check CEA database to see photo...
    Her previous name was Nicole Cantik (not sure if that is really a real name afterall, given agents could potentially make their own name cards and there is not really a way of uniquely identifying rogue agents until, perhaps now, by CEA regulation).

Anyway, like you rightly pointed out - CEA does have her record.
    Last edited by DN; 26-01-11 at 06:52.

Her previous name was Nicole Cantik (not sure if that is really a real name afterall, given agents could potentially make their own name cards and there is not really a way of uniquely identifying rogue agents until, perhaps now, by CEA regulation).

Anyway, like you rightly pointed out - CEA does have her record.
    i thought CEA would put up the salesperson's photo.

i thought CEA would put up the salesperson's photo.
    Ai Yah! If you want to see a photo, just go to property guru website and search for Caribbean project.

She has changed name and company but telehone number remain the same.

Quote Originally Posted by dormer
    Ai Yah! If you want to see a photo, just go to property guru website and search for Caribbean project.

She has changed name and company but telehone number remain the same.
    ok saw it

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/agent/1813/nichole-halse

any of you who were victims should complain to CEA and put her out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    any of you who were victims should complain to CEA and put her out of business.
    my agent friend said CEA very strict ... very good to weed out such agents ....

she was telling me that some agent even called her rental client's home number ( not sure how they get the number, suspect thru condo security guard) .. ask when they lease will be over and that can help them source for new rental .. somemore quote my friend's name ...

amazing what they can do just to snatch business

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    my agent friend said CEA very strict ... very good to weed out such agents ....

she was telling me that some agent even called her rental client's home number ( not sure how they get the number, suspect thru condo security guard) .. ask when they lease will be over and that can help them source for new rental .. somemore quote my friend's name ...

amazing what they can do just to snatch business
    The measures have driven some of them to be point of doing silly acts.

Yes, this is exactly the rogue agent I know. The stories of her tactics and unauthorised submission/forwarding of buyers cheques still sends shivers up my spine....

now u have an avenue to complain against her to CEA.

Yes, this is exactly the rogue agent I know. The stories of her tactics and unauthorised submission/forwarding of buyers cheques still sends shivers up my spine....

Ugly whore. How did she sleep her way to become a sales director???

Default Carribean officially is haunted?

Pirates of the Caribbean

Apr 18, 2011
    Businessman charged with murdering gay dancer
    By Khushwant Singh

A 44-year-old man was charged over the death of another man whose body was found stuffed inside a trolley bag and floating in the waters off a construction site (above) on Sentosa. Both men are Singaporeans and it is understood they were in a close relationship. -- PHOTO: JOSEPH NAIR FOR STRAITS TIMES

THE man, whose body was found stuffed in a trolley bag floating in the waters off Sentosa on Saturday morning, is believed to have been killed in an apartment in The Caribbean - an up-market condominium at Keppel Bay Drive.

However, many of the other details surrounding the killing of Mr Wong Teck Siong, 28, are still shrouded in secrecy. The ex-dancer, also known as Mr Huang Dexiong, is said to have been murdered between April 1 and 16 this year in a fifth-floor unit at the condominium.

These were the details that surfaced when Teo Boon Leng, 44, was charged with his murder of the younger man in a district court on Monday. District Judge Lim Tse Haw granted the prosecution's request for Teo to be remanded for a week at the Central Police Division and also allowed officers to take the businessman out to assist in the investigations.

In the dock, Teo, who was manacled hand and foot, looked on without expression during the five-minute hearing.

The stout, 1.7m-tall man with a broad craggy face, was dressed in a black Polo T-shirt and dark blue dungarees and slippers. Before he was led away by police officers, he smiled briefly at the two women in the public gallery. They declined comment when approached by reporters after the hearing.

in which unit was he killed?

it only says 5th floor. so many stacks how to guess?

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    in which unit was he killed?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    it only says 5th floor. so many stacks how to guess?
    I guess from now on, all the units in this project on a fifth floor, whichever stack it is in, will be tarred with the same brush.

Does anyone know when did the 99-year lease started?
    I know it TOP is 2004.

Today got newspaper advertisement...$1.5 mil for two roomer...

Still waiting for more...I am.

anyone keen in my unit? hehehehehehhehehe

Default Do not Engage Services of Nicole Halse (previously Nicole Cantik)

Rogue Resident Agent -- Nicole Halse (born: Cantik)

I was just researching prices for Caribbean at Keppel Bay, and the name Nicole kept appearing in my searches. Lo and behold, I am not the only person who has had a almost dissatisfying experience with resident agent Nicole Halse (previously Nicole Cantik).

My husband rented a 3 Bedroom unit at the Caribbean in 2009 at $7k for a two year term, and she was seemed very easy going. As you said, fantastic attitude before you sign anything really. We needed to move out nearly 2 months early, so we sought her help to market the property before the lease terminated. Of course, the landlord would have the security of our rent until our lease expires.

1) She was unreasonable, she expected to view the unit within less than 24 hours of notice, otherwise she would sue us for un-leasable period, if she was not able to secure a new tenant. We did not want trouble. We were very much interested to facilitate viewings, so that we can get out of the lease early.

2) For one Friday night, I was late out drinking and she kept pestering, almost harrassing to view the unit early next morning, and we were really being quite reasonable, granting her viewing privileges almost as and when she liked. And again, she threatened to sue us for un-leasable period.

3) Due to having several valuables at home, I would much preferred to be home when viewing happens. Lucky for me, I work nearby. Often I would rush over to watch over my valuables. But sometimes I would be held up in meetings, and allowed her to go into the unit without my presence. I normally would not have acceded to her request that easily; but Nicole told us she has the access key, and if I would just let her in at her own time, since she lived in Caribbean itself. She mentioned she would take care of my valuables when she brings potential tenants in. However, while I was present, she never acknowledged my presence, and walked herself in like she deserved to be there in the very first place; and left without much of a simple Thank You. Also, there were people with kids, and I personally witnessed the kids touching my teak hand crafted table ornaments near the TV console. Because she was too busy following the adults to care about my things. Also, I feel that she should close whatever windows she opened, but no, she did not do that.

4) I came to realize that she was marketing a similar layout on a lower floor for a cheaper price; and she had made use of our agreeable personality desperation to secure a tenant early, to open our doors instead of the actual unit, despite knowing how I detest her visits.

5) Finally, as the lease was nearing the end of term, and I was paying 6K rent somewhere else simultaneously; the unit was finally marked down at 6.5K. Good for her and the landlord. But unfortunately, it was a tiring matter, and I much regretted causing myself so much trouble much earlier than it should be. I should just accept that I would be paying two months' rent to two properties.

6) As we checked out, we hired another trustable agent whom we engaged and continued even to this date, to help us with vacating the unit. Nicole had caused us so much stress that we did not want to deal with her. Nicole wanted to charge us for every little thing that was wear and tear. I do not know what is with her, is she psychotic or what? Wanting to sue for this and that?

What happened to the Nicole who was all agreeable when we first met her?

Disclaimer: This happened almost 3 years ago, so I have tamed down the angst I have felt then, and failed to include more unreasonable scenarios. This is all I could remember from the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by DW View Post
    ROGUE AGENT ALERT!!

I used to only know about this through hear-say about this particular agent (“Agent”) in Caribbean, today I just met up with one of my friend who recently bought Caribbean and confirmed this first-hand.
    This Agent in Caribbean whom she often claims herself as the resident agent. This is what I gathered.

1. Fantastic attitude and service prior to turning in a cheque.
    2. My friend saw unit he likes and would like to see the TA, and Option before making an offer.
    3. Agent advised my friend that owner will only agree to let him see TA and Option if a cheque is available on hand to indicate there is a genuine interest.
    4. Agent confirms the the cheque will be held on trust by her, until my friends sees the TA and Option, and any release of the cheque will only be subject to his satisfactory review of the TA and Option.
    5. On the basis of her positive attitude, apparent pro-buyer ethics and Pt. 3 and 4, my friend got comfortable in issuing a cheque and ensured that the Offer to Purchase form has such subjectivities
    (a. offer will be subject to the form of TA attached and Option initialed by my friend).

The next thing my friend know, the Agent took the Offer to Purchase and handed over the cheque to the Seller. The understanding is that Seller was advised by the Agent, that they can encash the same immediately with no due regard to the satisfaction of the subjectivities stated in the Offer to Purchase. My friend came to know about this after multiple phonecalls to the Agent and was extremely furious after he knew about this.
    While the TA and Option turned out to be fairly standard, but it was a clear deviation of the instructions given to the Agent. When my friend said that if he had not been satisfied with the TA or Option, he would have cancelled the cheque immediately, on ground of non-satisfaction of the terms of the Offer to Purchase.

I understand the Agent attitude changed immediately and advised that my friend could walk away from the deal and lose his 1% if he wants. In any case, given that the seller has already encashed the 1% payment, she is already entitled to 0.5% of the receipts by the seller. Agent further refuted that he will be sue for criminal offences and fraud if he had tried to cancel the cheque. Indeed a dishonoured cheque could be tantamount to a basis of fraud but certainly not in such context!!

The Agent further threatened that she will also take vigorous action on her part to recover the lost commission given him pulling out now/stopping the cheque, her commissions will be affected. She apparently gave a very forceful verbal threat that she will take action against him until the ends of the world, if need be. (at this point of the conversation, my jaws almost dropped when I heard this!!).

My friend likes the unit, the TA and Option money was also ok so he did not let this affect his basis of the purchase and went ahead. What was really annoying is that this Agent is using all sort of reasoning and tactics to threaten her clients, which I think is rather distasteful. More importantly, notwithstanding the specific instructions of her client, she went ahead to issue the cheque without due regard of the risk her client would face (which was already told to her!!) What worse, if the TA and Option had been some can of worms, and my friend is stuck because of her rogue actions in giving out the cheque against the conditions and instructions from my friend, he will be done for!!!

Yes, one can argue that the Agent is in obvious breach of her duty (fiduciary or standard care, that’s a separate discussion) towards her client and she could have been liable to damages, if any arose from her rogue actions. This said, it is a huge hassle and one certainly do not want to have to go to small claims tribunal or district courts (depending on the quantum of claim) for things like this… …. I am not sure about you guys, but its incidents like this that made me extremely wary and skeptical about agents in general.

We love everything about the Caribbean. Fantastic facilities, location and surroundings.
    However if you are renting please be wary of a crooked landlord at blk 46, #10-27 - Nicole Halse (formerly Cartik). We originally tried to rent a property from her and transferred our good faith deposit. However she did everything in her hands to make changes to the Tenancy agreement and would not compromise on any of requests to update or remove the beds which were in disrepair. When we declined to sign the agreement on her terms she refused to return our good faith deposit. We are now taking this woman to court. Please be aware!!

We had the exact same experience with Nicole Halse Cantik. We transferred our good faith deposit to her then heard nothing until 2 days before agreement was due to be signed she changed the terms and over wrote several standard terms. Then refused to make any compromise on removing or updating the broken beds in the property. She wanted us to buy new beds and leave them on the inventory list. Eventually we refused sign the agreement with her and she has now refused to return out good faith deposit. We are mowing seeking action through small claims court. This kind of person should not be allowed to rent out properties and should be blacklisted!!
    Note her property unit is Blk 46, #10-127.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyh79 View Post
    We had the exact same experience with Nicole Halse Cantik. We transferred our good faith deposit to her then heard nothing until 2 days before agreement was due to be signed she changed the terms and over wrote several standard terms. Then refused to make any compromise on removing or updating the broken beds in the property. She wanted us to buy new beds and leave them on the inventory list. Eventually we refused sign the agreement with her and she has now refused to return out good faith deposit. We are mowing seeking action through small claims court. This kind of person should not be allowed to rent out properties and should be blacklisted!!
    Note her property unit is Blk 46, #10-127.
    First check is the owner a Real Estate Salesperson.

"Salesperson" means individuals who perform estate agency work -

See more at: https://www.cea.gov.sg/public-regist....t6hvUbQI.dpuf

Then understand what a RES need to do.

https://www.cea.gov.sg/docs/default-...manual/psm.pdf

Not happy and want to complain because the RES did not do according to PSM.

https://www.cea.gov.sg/consumers/complaints/overview

https://www.cea.gov.sg/complaint

Very often, tenant, buyer, seller don't know their rights and get themselves into inconvenient.

My tenants, landlords want to 'save' some commission.. and try to do everything on their own...

Not knowing how manipulative some can be.

you can check with CEA if these landlord is also an Agent.

report her to CEA.

go small court claim

she has no right to keep your good faith deposits... as long as TA not signed ( cannot agree on the terms) ...

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    First check is the owner a Real Estate Salesperson.

"Salesperson" means individuals who perform estate agency work -

See more at: https://www.cea.gov.sg/public-regist....t6hvUbQI.dpuf

Then understand what a RES need to do.

https://www.cea.gov.sg/docs/default-...manual/psm.pdf

Not happy and want to complain because the RES did not do according to PSM.

https://www.cea.gov.sg/consumers/complaints/overview

https://www.cea.gov.sg/complaint

Very often, tenant, buyer, seller don't know their rights and get themselves into inconvenient.
    Since you are very knowledgeable, why not file a complaint that is blow the whistle ?

Thinking of buying a PH at Caribbean. Heard about people selling and leaving due to pollution issues. How true is this information? Can existing residents comment please?

Default Re: Caribbean At Keppel Bay (D4, 99-year Leasehold, by Keppel Land)

Quote Originally Posted by Eyh79 View Post
    We love everything about the Caribbean. Fantastic facilities, location and surroundings.
    However if you are renting please be wary of a crooked landlord at blk 46, #10-27 - Nicole Halse (formerly Cartik). We originally tried to rent a property from her and transferred our good faith deposit. However she did everything in her hands to make changes to the Tenancy agreement and would not compromise on any of requests to update or remove the beds which were in disrepair. When we declined to sign the agreement on her terms she refused to return our good faith deposit. We are now taking this woman to court. Please be aware!!

# Nicole Halse # Nicole Cantik # Nicole Cantik Halse # +65 90038103

Come across this researching/ building a case against her. I experienced her as landlord in a somehow run down place, but it suited our needs for a short term tenancy. We made improvements to the place when living there, did everything requested before handing back the premises. Still she is (unlawfully) withholding my deposit, not raising any claims what so ever. In fact deadline for her to pay back deposit more than two weeks ago, she just stopped communicating with us entirely.

Difficult, shoplifting is a CRIME over a few $, yet a landlord can just keep deposit (thousands) without any explanation, and there seem to be no consequence as the amount is hardly worth pursuing in court. Police report filed, but treated as a dispute and not fraud or theft what it rightfully is.

Beware, stay away unless prepared to and calculate in a loss in the end. Don't spend good cash on professional cleaning (as I did) prior to moving out, just more money wasted.