Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Homes near MRT on track for smaller premiums

Senior

User Info Menu

It really depends on the needs of the family as they also change with time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Well some people prefer LRT to MRT nearby coz MRT would carry with it huge crowds and commuters but LRT just has small crowd so relatively quieter environment! I for one certainly prefer quietness to busy noisy shopping malls.

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by linchong84
    Actually it doesn't matter whether it is MRT or LRT. It all depends on how long it takes to reach city area. Eg, right now does a woodlands or Marsiling MRT condo reach town faster than a Sengkang LRT condo that is 1 or 2 stops away from the main Sengkang MRT? Woodlands will definitely be slower. Maybe some might argue woodlands need not change train so more convenient. How about stations like CCK? They need to change at Jurong East too.

So, it all depends on what MRT stations they are. The word 'MRT' itself does not or should not guarentee a premium while the word 'LRT' also does not mean condemnation. Calculate the rough timing is more accurate.
    LRT is above ground and we need to walk to MRT during the morning rush but the new upcoming MRTs are all below grounds.

I have tried the LRT connecting to MRT and vice versa before. The experience inside a small cabin with stale air and not much ventilation is also least perferred.

Perhaps we need to add on the walking time in comprison.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Well some people prefer LRT to MRT nearby coz MRT would carry with it huge crowds and commuters but LRT just has small crowd so relatively quieter environment! I for one certainly prefer quietness to busy noisy shopping malls.
    LRT to MRT transfer is waste of time..
    Better buy near MRT if want to take public transport...

If I prefer quiteness I wouldnt be in Singapore everywhere's crowded
    Cannot even walk in tampines mall.

Junior

User Info Menu

I want quietness and convenience! Give me an underground bunker! Lease from future operator of TSL!

Junior

User Info Menu

EXISTING condos near MRT will have smaller premium as other condos will start to hv MRT as well. I don't see how condos with future MRT stations coming up can have smaller premium. Premium tends to go up when the MRT is closer to completion.