Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141924293439 ... LastLast

Thread: Eu Habitat- Jalan Eunos

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    When is FEO bringing in e Indians from India?
    You didn't see? Alot of indian, Bangladesh, PRC, Vietnam workers at site.

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel
    Can you explain how this offset works? I don't understand. If i only maintain SG$10,000 can? or any amount will do?

I am considering to take up UOB's 3months Sibor + 0.55% (1st yr), 0.60% (for 2nd and 3rd year). Unfortunately, 3 years lock-in. I don't need to maintain savings account with UOB though.
    You can maintain $1 also can.

Bascially how it works is :

If you have $10,000 inside, 2/3 of this $10,000 will have the same interest as what the bank is charging you for your mortgage. The remaining will have the usual bank interest rate. Effectively, you'll incur less interest as it's setoff at the same rate.

The max amount you can have in the bank to enjoy this is the loan amount. Ie, if your loan amount is $1,000,000 , you can have maximum $1,500,000 in this account. Also means, if you have $1,500,000 in this account, there is no interest to be paid by you for the entire duration you have the mortgage. Of course, as the principle amount goes down, the maximum amount will go down accordingly.

Why not take up stand chart? 1mth sibor is always lower than 3mth sibor (approx 0.1+%), and stand chart is 1mth +0.55 for first 2 yrs, + 0.65 for 3rd, end of 3rd year, just do the conversion.

If you are lazy to do a conversion or refinancing in the future, there's DBS which is 3mth sibor + 0.55 for 3 yrs and 3mth + 0.65 thereafter. +0.65 seems like a good rate to have for the entire duration of the loan.

You didn't see? Alot of indian, Bangladesh, PRC, Vietnam workers at site.
    haha..that's a gd one.

Anyone knows if the units come with their own rubbish chutes, or will the development comes with common rubbish chutes?

The floorplans (of all unit types) did not indicate the rubbish chute locations, and the common areas.

Also, note that there are 25 lifts in the development; meaning ONE lift for each Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripp
    Anyone knows if the units come with their own rubbish chutes, or will the development comes with common rubbish chutes?

The floorplans (of all unit types) did not indicate the rubbish chute locations, and the common areas.

Also, note that there are 25 lifts in the development; meaning ONE lift for each Tower.
    No idea with regards to your first question, but 1 lift for a 5 storey tower is fine i guess. Although i'm not too overly concerned since i'm on the ground floor.

Quote Originally Posted by flagship74
    haha..that's a gd one.
    Better to buy properties in Singapore, so as to prevent a price correction. I heard some Chinese and Indians buyers purchased several units at one go even without going to the showflat for some projects.

Better to buy properties in Singapore, so as to prevent a price correction. I heard some Chinese and Indians buyers purchased several units at one go even without going to the showflat for some projects.
    I wonder why Indians will buy properties in Singapore when the properties there are also appreciating.

I wonder why Indians will buy properties in Singapore when the properties there are also appreciating.
    In India, there is a worry of property bubble because interest rates are extremely high. Maybe to diversify the risk...

In India, there is a worry of property bubble because interest rates are extremely high. Maybe to diversify the risk...
    Isn't interest rate high less likely to have bubble as opposed to Singapore's low interest rate?

Quote Originally Posted by Worsty
    Isn't interest rate high less likely to have bubble as opposed to Singapore's low interest rate?
    The interest rates can go up fast in India. Those who borrow heavily will find themselves caught with heavy loans, and new buyers will be deterred.

In Singapore, the rates are almost guaranteed to be low and stable for the next 2 years, and probably for a few more years thereafther if the US economy doesn't recover. If US economy recovers, Singapore economy and property prices will also rebound and it will be time to sell for capital gain.

My Indian colleagues are not investing more properties in India, but instead bought some in Singapore and other Asia countries.

The interest rates can go up fast in India. Those who borrow heavily will find themselves caught with heavy loans, and new buyers will be deterred.

In Singapore, the rates are almost guaranteed to be low and stable for the next 2 years, and probably for a few more years thereafther if the US economy doesn't recover. If US economy recovers, Singapore economy and property prices will also rebound and it will be time to sell for capital gain.

My Indian colleagues are not investing more properties in India, but instead bought some in Singapore and other Asia countries.
    Ah, if you put it in that context...basically, you're saying, present India's rates are high, but have the possibility to go up even higher more so than the rise in Singapore's interest rate even when there's room to go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Worsty
    Ah, if you put it in that context...basically, you're saying, present India's rates are high, but have the possibility to go up even higher more so than the rise in Singapore's interest rate even when there's room to go up.
    Indian central bank is not afraid to raise interest rate to counter inflation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14287444

I asked my indian friends and they told me their interest rate is 8%. yes, it is high buy you can buy a decent size guarded condo with relatively low price. In the region of S$400k (depends on which location/state).

In thinking if I have cash, isn't good to buy a unit there with ever increasing population without taking up loan? Of cos I don't have so much cash and have other worries too. So I am still look see look see.

LATEST UPDATE AS AT 02 SEP 2011

Based on FEO's EuHabitat Available Units dated 02 Sep 2011:
    http://www.feo.com.sg/FEOCorp.Upload...2011)_2sep.pdf

Condos
    Tower 1: Stacks 01-04 (2 left; 18 presumed sold)
    Tower 2: Stacks 05-08 (10 left; 10 presumed sold)
    Tower 3: Stacks 09-12 (10 left; 10 presumed sold)
    Tower 4: Stacks 13-16 (1 left; 19 presumed sold)
    Tower 5: Stacks 17-20 (1 left; 19 presumed sold)
    Tower 12: Stacks 21-26 (9 left; 21 presumed sold)
    Tower 13: Stacks 27-32
    Tower 14: Stacks 33-38 (1 left; 29 presumed sold)
    Tower 15: Stacks 39-44 (1 left; 29 presumed sold)
    Tower 16: Stacks 45-50 (0 left; 30 presumed sold)
    Tower 27: Stacks 90-93
    Tower 28: Stacks 86-89
    Tower 29: Stacks 83-85

Suites
    Tower 17: Stacks 51-58 (0 left; 40 presumed sold)
    Tower 18: Stacks 59-66 (0 left; 40 presumed sold)
    Tower 19: Stacks 67-74 (10 left; 30 presumed sold)
    Tower 20: Stacks 75-82 (0 left; 40 presumed sold)

SOHOs
    Tower 21: Stacks 94-101
    Tower 22: Stacks 102-110 (0 left; 45 presumed sold)
    Tower 23: Stacks 111-119 (16 left; 29 presumed sold)
    Tower 24: Stacks 120-128
    Tower 25: Stacks 129-134
    Tower 26: Stacks 135-140 (14 left; 16 presumed sold)

Townhouses
    Total Townhouses available: 51 units
    Total Townhouses presumed launched: 23 units
    Total Townhouses presumed sold:
    Units 260, 262, 264, 266, 268, 270, 272, 274, 276, 278, 280, 282, 284, 286, 288, 290, 292, 294, 296, 304 (Total: 20 units)
    Townhouses available:
    Units 298, 300, 302 (Total: 3 units)

FINAL GUESSTIMATED TALLY
    Total units available: 748
    Total units presumed launched: 538
    Total units presumed sold: 445 (out of 748; 59.5% sold)

I asked my indian friends and they told me their interest rate is 8%. yes, it is high buy you can buy a decent size guarded condo with relatively low price. In the region of S$400k (depends on which location/state).

In thinking if I have cash, isn't good to buy a unit there with ever increasing population without taking up loan? Of cos I don't have so much cash and have other worries too. So I am still look see look see.
    Some bought HDB, some bought condos, mainly w e intention of bringing up their children in local n international schools here. Avoiding rent in e process n earning capital gain.

Not worth it given the social gap in India is so wide.

Some updates:

1. Over the last 2 weekends in August, FEO launched a sales campaign for its EuHabitat property in Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou & Shenzhen.

2. Due to very good response from its China buyers, FEO will be conducting another sales campaign wave in the first 3 weekends of September, again in the 4 cities together with Chengdu, Guangzhou, Tianjin.

3. FEO will be conducting a Property Tour (22 - 24 Sep) for interested Chinese buyers to check out Singapore and FEO's stable of properties. The properties include (but not limited to): EuHabitat, Orchard Scotts, Silversea, Waterfront Isle, Cyan, Floridian etc.

Source:
    http://www.fareast.com.sg/chnsc/index.aspx?page=events
    http://www.fareast.com.sg/chnsc/inde...=property-tour
    Bachelors should stay there coz when these Chinese buyers send their daughters to study in Singapore..... then have a good chance to be their son-in-law!

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    Bachelors should stay there coz when these Chinese buyers send their daughters to study in Singapore..... then have a good chance to be their son-in-law!
    Unmarried ladies can also stay there should these rich guys send their sons to study in S'pore too!

From what I understand, they still prefer their own kind.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by propertyinvestor
    I signed from bank of china. 3m SOR.
    My loan is with UOB.

0.75% + SOR for first 4 years.

Loan starts only upon first disbursement.

Was told by agent that will not have own but common rubbish chutes.

Guess one lift pretty ok as level 1 and 2 units may not use it much. So mostly used by level 3-5 units for around 24 units.

LATEST UPDATE AS AT 02 SEP 2011

Based on FEO's EuHabitat Available Units dated 02 Sep 2011:
    http://www.feo.com.sg/FEOCorp.Upload...2011)_2sep.pdf

Condos
    Tower 1: Stacks 01-04 (2 left; 18 presumed sold)
    Tower 2: Stacks 05-08 (10 left; 10 presumed sold)
    Tower 3: Stacks 09-12 (10 left; 10 presumed sold)
    Tower 4: Stacks 13-16 (1 left; 19 presumed sold)
    Tower 5: Stacks 17-20 (1 left; 19 presumed sold)
    Tower 12: Stacks 21-26 (9 left; 21 presumed sold)
    Tower 13: Stacks 27-32
    Tower 14: Stacks 33-38 (1 left; 29 presumed sold)
    Tower 15: Stacks 39-44 (1 left; 29 presumed sold)
    Tower 16: Stacks 45-50 (0 left; 30 presumed sold)
    Tower 27: Stacks 90-93
    Tower 28: Stacks 86-89
    Tower 29: Stacks 83-85

Suites
    Tower 17: Stacks 51-58 (0 left; 40 presumed sold)
    Tower 18: Stacks 59-66 (0 left; 40 presumed sold)
    Tower 19: Stacks 67-74 (10 left; 30 presumed sold)
    Tower 20: Stacks 75-82 (0 left; 40 presumed sold)

SOHOs
    Tower 21: Stacks 94-101
    Tower 22: Stacks 102-110 (0 left; 45 presumed sold)
    Tower 23: Stacks 111-119 (16 left; 29 presumed sold)
    Tower 24: Stacks 120-128
    Tower 25: Stacks 129-134
    Tower 26: Stacks 135-140 (14 left; 16 presumed sold)

Townhouses
    Total Townhouses available: 51 units
    Total Townhouses presumed launched: 23 units
    Total Townhouses presumed sold:
    Units 260, 262, 264, 266, 268, 270, 272, 274, 276, 278, 280, 282, 284, 286, 288, 290, 292, 294, 296, 304 (Total: 20 units)
    Townhouses available:
    Units 298, 300, 302 (Total: 3 units)

FINAL GUESSTIMATED TALLY
    Total units available: 748
    Total units presumed launched: 538
    Total units presumed sold: 445 (out of 748; 59.5% sold)
    Thanks for the great effort.

So far stilll going good!

Post by land118-

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=12040

Major facelift for Paya Lebar

Straits Times: Sat, Sep 03

THEY have long been seen as a bit sleepy, seedy and rundown, but Paya Lebar and Geylang are undergoing radical changes to make them a commercial hub - with positive spin-offs for home owners.

Hotels, shops, parks and other facilities are on the drawing board for the area, as part of the Urban Redevelopment Authority's 2008 Masterplan.

There is about 12ha of land available for development and a potential commercial floor space of more than 5 million sq ft.

The new Paya Lebar Central is poised to be a

bustling commercial centre near the MRT station, with a mix of office, retail and hotel developments, and attractive public spaces.

Mr Alan Cheong, Savills' associate director of research and consultancy, said: 'The Kallang district is perceived to be more genteel; it will have to attract users who may be (more similar in profile) to those of traditional Central Business District commercial space users.'

A key driver of the makeover will come when the Ministry of Manpower opens a Continuing Education and Training campus in Paya Lebar Central in 2013. The eight-storey campus will focus on tourism, hospitality, food and beverage, retail, security and aerospace.

'By taking the lead, the Government is sending a signal that it is committed to its plan for the area,' said Ms Chia Siew Chuin, Colliers International's director of research and advisory.

Industry players have also been eager to stake a claim in the area.

In April, there was a 10-way tussle between some of Singapore's biggest property players for a 1.5ha commercial site next to Paya Lebar MRT.

The tender was clinched by a consortium of property group Low Keng Huat, Guthrie and Sun Venture, which bid $586 million, or $872 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr), well above the $550 psf ppr or so predicted by analysts.

A 2ha plot at the corner of Sims Avenue and Tanjong Katong Road was recently released for sale as part of the Government Land Sales Programme. It is zoned for office, hotel and commercial use.

Another big field of developers could line up for this site, say market watchers, with an expected top bid of as much as $960 psf ppr. The tender closes on Oct 18.

Several existing buildings in the precinct are primed for redevelopment as well.

The old Singapura Theatre at the junction of Jalan Turi and Changi Road, once the go-to spot for Hindi and Malay movie fans, is likely be turned into a mixed-use project with apartments and shops. A partnership between Roxy-Pacific Holdings and Macly Capital secured the site last November for $44.9 million.

In Geylang Road, the old Lion City Hotel site and the former Hollywood Theatre next door will become a learning and enrichment hub, with a residential component. The UOL group emerged tops in a six-cornered fight earlier this year, with its bid of $313 million for the site.

Geylang Serai will also be receiving a facelift, to better reflect its distinct cultural identity.

The Malay Village will be redeveloped and a new civic centre called Wisma Geylang Serai added.

While the focus is on the district's commercial potential, the redevelopment effects are rubbing off on the area's residential sector as well.

Savills said the average price of non-landed property in district 14 has risen to $1,035 psf, 35 per cent up on the $766 psf average in 2008.

Far East Organization's latest project, euHabitat, is close to Paya Lebar, and like other developers, it is counting on the district's rejuvenation to draw new residents.

'Eastern districts are traditionally popular with home buyers...Paya Lebar is already an established precinct with good transport links, services and amenities,' said Mr Chia Boon Kuah, Far East's chief operating officer for property sales.

While the neighbourhood may seem to have a lot going for it, some analysts caution against being over-enthusiastic about the redevelopment plans.

[email protected]

Paya Lebar Central is poised to be a bustling commercial centre, with office, retail and hotel developments, as well as attractive public spaces.

Source: The Straits Times © Singapore Press Holdings Ltd. Reprinted with permission.

Quote Originally Posted by GSLJ
    Was told by agent that will not have own but common rubbish chutes.

Guess one lift pretty ok as level 1 and 2 units may not use it much. So mostly used by level 3-5 units for around 24 units.
    Believe the lifts will serve basement carpark as well.

Bummer on the common rubbish chutes though. Due to non-existence of common corridor floor plan there is no way to find out whether how far/near the common rubbish chute is from your unit.

Have you seen any common rubbish chutes being built in the stairways, instead of at the common corridors, for FEO projects?

Believe the lifts will serve basement carpark as well.

Bummer on the common rubbish chutes though. Due to non-existence of common corridor floor plan there is no way to find out whether how far/near the common rubbish chute is from your unit.

Have you seen any common rubbish chutes being built in the stairways, instead of at the common corridors, for FEO projects?
    Ya, thanks.

Forgot about the basement carpark!

My current stay is also under FEO. Have my own chute which I hardly use. I will bring downstairs to clear when I go out.

So matter of preference I guess. I rather not have my own but common chute.

For some reason, FEO's EuHabitat floor plans are very plain, and do not show additional information like wardrobe, bed, sofa, dining, kitchen utilities placements.

Furthermore there is no breakdown on the Balcony floor area in its pricelist as well, when compared to other FEO projects.

Hope they start construction works ASAP. Waiting for lower construction costs or what?

For some reason, FEO's EuHabitat floor plans are very plain, and do not show additional information like wardrobe, bed, sofa, dining, kitchen utilities placements.

Furthermore there is no breakdown on the Balcony floor area in its pricelist as well, when compared to other FEO projects.

Hope they start construction works ASAP. Waiting for lower construction costs or what?
    I am also waiting for the letter for selection of marbles and wall feature.

Hope they tender out the contract to start work soon. Looking at the good take up should be soon?

Quote Originally Posted by GSLJ
    I am also waiting for the letter for selection of marbles and wall feature.

Hope they tender out the contract to start work soon. Looking at the good take up should be soon?
    Don't think the selection letter comes with the S&P. Possibly later?

Is there any email to send to for enquires for EuHabitat owners?

Don't think the selection letter comes with the S&P. Possibly later?

Is there any email to send to for enquires for EuHabitat owners?
    Ya,

I reckon should be later once they received all the S&P. So maybe at least around Oct onwards...

Not sure about email, you may call the FEO hotline to check?

On another note, any recommendations on mortgage insurance?

When is a good time to get them? Now OR during loan disbursement OR wait till TOP?