Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Prices of resale flats, private homes continue to rise

The first half of the article starts off in a pessimistic fashion but second half, it starts analysing why price rises might continue. So it merely confuses the reader. Like you, for sole primary residence, I would suggest people to buy very selectively. With a few exceptions like perhaps esparina and prive, most of these selective opportunities are in resale. The premiums on new developments have more downside in times of crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    all these clowns like to tcss...thats my opinion...
    actually not so bad la....they highlight all the possibilities from different angles and leave it to the readers to take side lor

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    actually not so bad la....they highlight all the possibilities from different angles and leave it to the readers to take side lor
    at least have a conclusion, buy or don't buy. don't fence sit. that is my point to these articles. have the guts to make a stand.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    at least have a conclusion, buy or don't buy. don't fence sit. that is my point to these articles. have the guts to make a stand.
    Hard to have any conclusion....goto source for gd deals too....mabe shd say buy only if u manage to sniff out gd deals.

Hard to have any conclusion....goto source for gd deals too....mabe shd say buy only if u manage to sniff out gd deals.
    Risks are high at most parts of the land so your nose must be super good before you can sniff out good deals. Currently my take is to hold on first and watch the market movement! Stakes are too high for my comfort now!

yes, at least that's a conclusion. if they keep confusing people and if the market moves higher, people start going into panic buying mode then, that would make things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    yes, at least that's a conclusion. if they keep confusing people and if the market moves higher, people start going into panic buying mode then, that would make things worse.
    At the current moment, Minton is a good deal at $850psf or so. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Been to the showflat 3 times but none with a purchase... it may be one of the cheaper options around but am not convinced on many fronts. Then again different people hold different views so its more of a personal choice than the price alone!

Quantum quite high leh plus layout not efficient...2bedder oredi cost close to 900k, how much profit can we squeeze out of it?

Ground flr psf 6xxpsf for 1300sqft, 2bdr ground flr? Quantum ard 900k nia....

Just a personal opinion. Minton is slightly more costly than other smaller projects for similar number of bedrooms because it's floor area is slightly bigger although its psf is lower than other development. Then again I feel we must also project the future housing market whether mm units or spacious units would be in demand. This debate has already taken place so won't go into it. Personally I like space instead of being packed sardine in a small apartment!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Just a personal opinion. Minton is slightly more costly than other smaller projects for similar number of bedrooms because it's floor area is slightly bigger although its psf is lower than other development. Then again I feel we must also project the future housing market whether mm units or spacious units would be in demand. This debate has already taken place so won't go into it. Personally I like space instead of being packed sardine in a small apartment!
    I oso like space, both for the apt and condo external landscape. Many people are snapping up 4 bedders too. So is there something in them? Are people sensing that big units might have a strong demand in the future? Or it's to live in reasonable comfort?

I oso like space, both for the apt and condo external landscape. Many people are snapping up 4 bedders too. So is there something in them? Are people sensing that big units might have a strong demand in the future? Or it's to live in reasonable comfort?
    For the 4 bedder buyers, I suspect its not for investment. I believe most are for own stay and there are simply too little 4 or 5 bedders condo around and even it there are, they are simply too expensive for upgraders. Therefore Minton conveniently bridge that gap in that vicinity. I also feel that Minton appeals more to upgraders and own stay rather than investment! I stand corrected on this view.

The problem is the layout not efficient....980sqft 2bdr can even fit in a queen bed in the 2nd room....the balcony n planter box damn big

Minus balcony, planter n baywindos...probably left 700sqft....i asked for the breakdown b4, but the agt say i duno...stomp feet

Still got ground flr units facing lily pond? I tink ground flr is worth buying...jus pay abit more for the big patio

There are still buyers for mm units around 500sf. And it's for own stay and not for investment.

My colleague is one good example and he finds that the space is actually quite liveable.

Still got ground flr units facing lily pond? I tink ground flr is worth buying...jus pay abit more for the big patio
    As long as there's no footpath in front of the unit. The other issue is mosquito.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503
    There are still buyers for mm units around 500sf. And it's for own stay and not for investment.

My colleague is one good example and he finds that the space is actually quite liveable.
    Problem is how much of that 500sf you can use..if give half to planter,balcony and a/c ledge what's left?
    If layout is efficient then 500sf is liveable...

Quote Originally Posted by rockinsg
    Problem is how much of that 500sf you can use..if give half to planter,balcony and a/c ledge what's left?
    What about mm which is 398 sf?

Quote Originally Posted by rockinsg
    Think about 10 - 15% of his place is occupied by planter, air-con ledge and HS

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503

He must be from HK.

He must be from HK.
    Yes yes... I stayed in those HK mm units before. Its amazing... Beds are placed on the baywindows and a make shift small table and wardrobe. Nothing else coz no more space...

Yes yes... I stayed in those HK mm units before. Its amazing... Beds are placed on the baywindows and a make shift small table and wardrobe. Nothing else coz no more space...
    Hk average size of an apt is ard 450sqft which includes 20% common area....

I heard it from a hk tenant...and she say clift 500sqft 1bdr is so so spacious.....she really meant it....hehe

I heard it from a hk tenant...and she say clift 500sqft 1bdr is so so spacious.....she really meant it....hehe
    500sqft 1 bedder is liveable. It's the 300sqft that isn't.

Zen living.. cannot accumulate

He must be from HK.
    Nope, he's from China

Hey, bro, have you rented out your clift unit?

Quote Originally Posted by SpinCity
    Hey, bro, have you rented out your clift unit?
    Within 2wks

Default Pasir Ris HDB flat offered at eye-popping price tag

Pasir Ris HDB flat offered at eye-popping price tag

By property_guru | Property Blog – 9 hours ago

Just $100,000 short of hitting the million dollar mark, the asking price for the 1,528 sq ft HDB executive flat …

The red-hot HDB market is showing no signs of cooling despite public housing affordability being a key issue in the recently concluded general elections, and the implementation of various cooling measures by the Singapore government since 2010.

Fresh from the Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) fiasco, where developer Sim Lian Group stirred controversy when it announced that the indicative price of its most expensive 5-room flat would cost $880,000, the Housing and Development Board (HDB) is under the spotlight again after an eye-popping ad listing was posted on local property website PropertyGuru.

The ad shows a 1,528 sq ft HDB executive flat at Block 780 Pasir Ris Street 71 with an asking price of $900,000.

Considering that it is a public housing project located in a non-prime area and with no facilities, the unit's asking price is well above the average transacted level in the area.

Caveat data shows that the average per sq ft pricing of similar properties transacted in the area for 2011 is between $400 to $500 per sq ft.

The executive flat's asking price translates to $589.01 per sq ft, which is well above the market price.

The flat faces a park and is located just next to Tampines Expressway.

Amenities nearby include Meridian Junior College.

It is not even within walking distance to Pasir Ris MRT station and White Sands mall.

Flat is overpriced

When contacted, an industry leader said the flat was overpriced.

"The asking price of $900,000 is definitely way beyond the market price. It is certainly a one-off case which, if the agent is able to get, it will be a record price for Pasir Ris," said Roza Sure Bagus, managing director of Sure Bagus (Asia) Pte Ltd.

According to Roza, she sold a flat in Pasir Ris recently for $696,000, which is $96,000 above valuation.

"The $96,000 in above valuation is still okay, provided the house has a good view, high floor and good interior. Nevertheless, if they are buying at $96,000 above valuation, the buyer's taste in the décor may not be the same. They may renovate everything," said Roza.

She added that, in June, an executive flat in the area had transacted for $750,000.

"We thought it was a record price in Pasir Ris. Now, at $900,000, it is really ridiculous. We are likening the price to a private property. An executive condominium would not cost that much either. For a $900,000 HDB flat, it is way too high," said Roza.

However, she reckons there might still be a willing buyer.

"For a person who buys such flat, he might buy it for sentimental value. Perhaps, it has a breathtaking view which he may not be able to get elsewhere. The buyers are likely to be from the private property market who have already sold their properties or who were enbloc owners who made a huge profit. It is unlikely they will take any loan. They would buy this unit in cash, full settlement," said Roza.

Roza also believes that this is not a normal trend.

"In view of the cooling measures, this is a one-off case . This is not a normal trend. This is not a market price," said Roza.

May be seller don;t want to sell.. so dare Agent to sell it at 900K..

..people can buy new EC launched there..much better value

if people want to pay $1 mil, let them pay lor, but valuers have to ignore this transaction when valuing other flats down the road.