Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: renting out my HDB, whole unit, what things to watch out for?

Quote Originally Posted by p3nboy

Ahem...you mean they are pretty or pretty ok?
    Hahaha... Your pun skill is good... I meant they are ok. Pretty or not is another issue... hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Hahaha... Your pun skill is good... I meant they are ok. Pretty or not is another issue... hahaha!
    I suppose PRC students are ok as the younger generation do not cook, otherwise your kitchen may turn into a zi-char kitchen in no time....

Quote Originally Posted by p3nboy
    I suppose PRC students are ok as the younger generation do not cook, otherwise your kitchen may turn into a zi-char kitchen in no time....
    hahaha....buy MMs la.....single dun cook one lor....kitchen without windows somemore....they cook and ownself suffer....whahahahaha....

furthermore, how to cook for just one person....i will find it not worth the trouble at all.... except for baked rice, maggie mee.....hahahah

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    hahaha....buy MMs la.....single dun cook one lor....kitchen without windows somemore....they cook and ownself suffer....whahahahaha....

furthermore, how to cook for just one person....i will find it not worth the trouble at all.... except for baked rice, maggie mee.....hahahah
    no keed kitchen, just microwave will do.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    how come ur fren furnish such low rent apt wif expensive stuff?

2 queen bed i can get brandnew ones at $200 each(got spring one)

y nid to provide hifi??? y 46 inch LCD???? dining set 4 pax brandnew can get for $300, y leather sofa? jus use PU soft or pvc la and brandnew 3seater can get for $350-$500 max, electrical appliance??? only fridge $500 and the most $150 microwave rite? the rest no nid to provide la....so everything brandnew cfm can get below 3k

its like wearing ur platinum rolex walking in JB rite?
    It used to be his old stay when he was single... After getting married, his wife doesn't want to stay near GL area.

Anyway, parent of this friend are quite loaded to support him for his first own stay and he happened to quite lazy to move furnitures/stuff... He move out shortly after getting married and this PRC happened to be his first tenant... Dman sway for him wor to experience such
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    For a moment, I tot pretty and not pretty ok..
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    Hahaha! You think too much or should I say think what you want to think only!!!

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    As long as young is ok

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

rented out already, happy liow...
    thanks for all the feedback/comments

- I wanted to make it simple to manage, so rented to local couple, rent at ~20% below market price
    - Rent can cover my condo monthly installment, without the property tax & MCST charges, but I still need to pay about ~$1K for HDB loan
    - HDB rental market is very tight, 50% of viewers (5 out of 10) wanted to take up my HDB unit. Though HDB not near to MRT.

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis

- I wanted to make it simple to manage, so rented to local couple, rent at ~20% below market price
    - Rent can cover my condo monthly installment, without the property tax & MCST charges, but I still need to pay about ~$1K for HDB loan
    - HDB rental market is very tight, 50% of viewers (5 out of 10) wanted to take up my HDB unit. Though HDB not near to MRT.
    Congratulations! I hope that your tenant will be really nice and help preserve the condition of the unit.

There is a reason why HDB is not so anal about whole unit rental: there is a real demand in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis

Congrats. Most people love Great Singapore Sales But HDB rental will always be very good.

Happy that this forum was of help to your decision making! There will always be demand if your asking is below market value and what more @ 20% below!