Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 72

Thread: renting out my HDB, whole unit, what things to watch out for?

  1. #1
    i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

    User Info Menu

    Default renting out my HDB, whole unit, what things to watch out for?

    Renting out my HDB, whole unit, what things to watch out for?...
    before I ....

  2. #2
    Senior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    Renting out my HDB, whole unit, what things to watch out for?...
    before I ....
    1. Agree on terms of TA
    2. Inform HDB
    3. Terminate your carpark season parking if you have a car
    4. Terminate your power supply bill plus all other bills

    Feel free to add on..

  3. #3
    Go for Smallest Unit

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    1. Agree on terms of TA
    2. Inform HDB
    3. Terminate your carpark season parking if you have a car
    4. Terminate your power supply bill plus all other bills

    Feel free to add on..
    dont terminate powersupply.

    Instead have the tenant to pay electricty according to bill.

    It will come in handy if the tenants dun pay their bills and rental ontime.

  4. #4
    Senior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    dont terminate powersupply.

    Instead have the tenant to pay electricty according to bill.

    It will come in handy if the tenants dun pay their bills and rental ontime.
    Don't understand! What I meant is to change owner name. Let authorities deal directly w them...

  5. #5
    Go for Smallest Unit

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Don't understand! What I meant is to change owner name. Let authorities deal directly w them...
    I had a encounter with late paying tenants (but stayed with us > 2 years). The last straw came in and I ask them to pay now or I cut the electricity supply since it is still under my name. After that, they paid up promptly but I chased them out thereafter.

    Got new and better tenants thereafter.

  6. #6
    Senior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    I had a encounter with late paying tenants (but stayed with us > 2 years). The last straw came in and I ask them to pay now or I cut the electricity supply since it is still under my name. After that, they paid up promptly but I chased them out thereafter.

    Got new and better tenants thereafter.
    Good for you. I'll get the agent to talk to them if late payment. If still cannot, evict them. No need to use power supply to threaten them.

  7. #7
    Go for Smallest Unit

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Good for you. I'll get the agent to talk to them if late payment. If still cannot, evict them. No need to use power supply to threaten them.
    last straw lah.

    dun need to involve agent

    dun need to involve lawyers

    just say will do.

  8. #8
    Junior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    HDB whole units are now in short supply. You can be choosy about the tenants. Preferably rent out to professionals and a mixture of male/female (if all female you get worried if they are also running another business on the side). Warn them you will carry out spot checks on them periodically (and also threaten them that HDB can spot check them at any time especially if they create disturbance or nuisance to your neighbours).

    It is a lot down to luck. But hopefully they will not spoil your house too badly.

    If at the end of 2 years, they prove to be good tenants (ie keep the place in decent condition, pay the rent promptly, not too demanding etc), you can consider not to raise their rent in order to retain them as tenants. Because it is not easy to find good and reliable tenants for HDB flat.

  9. #9
    Senior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I know of tenants who actually add an additional lock to prevent the owners from accessing the house! Not sure if this is permitted? Hmmm...

  10. #10
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Add this to the Tenancy Agreement.

    [B]In the event HDB issues an eviction order to complaint of noisy disturbance during wee hour from this unit with Evidence, the two months security deposit shall be used as a monthly rental during the period of sourcing for new tenants of up to two months. If new tenant can be found lesser than two months, the landlord shall undertake to refund the balance of deposit to the tenant proportionately.[/B]


    Letter from HDB to me to vacate the tenants within 14 days.

    TERMINATION OF SUBLETTING APPROVAL AT APT BLK XX BXX ROAD #XX-XX

    I refer to our email dated XX Aug 2010 regarding noise nuisance from your unit.

    2 We have received another feedback on XX Nov 2010 that the occupiers (i.e. subtenants) in the flat are causeing noise nuisance again late at night. We have previously sought your co-operation in April 2010 and Aug 2010 to inform your subtenants to reduce their noise activities.

    3 Despite HDB's constant reminder to you to reduce the noise activities and in view of the constant noise actitvities that are of disturbance to the harmonious living environment, HDB hereby, will revoke the subletting approval dated XX April 2007 by giving you [B]two weeks' notice[/B]. Please ensure that the subtenants are to vacate the premises at Blk XX BXX Road #XX-XX by XX Dec 2010.

    4 Please contact me at XXXXXX or email [email][email protected][/email] or my staff Mr Txxx Hxxx xxxt at 6xxxxxx or email [email][email protected][/email] if you have any clarification.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •