Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Boathouse Residence

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Golden rule number 1... don't regret your purchase. Rather, make the best out of it. Return to the initial reasons which prompted you to buy. Sit on these reasons to make you feel better. Furthermore, no one knows the future so don't fault yourself over that. Enjoy your new purchase and look forward to living in there in the near future!
    If this comment got LIKE button, I would have clicked it.

Golden rule number 1... don't regret your purchase. Rather, make the best out of it. Return to the initial reasons which prompted you to buy. Sit on these reasons to make you feel better. Furthermore, no one knows the future so don't fault yourself over that. Enjoy your new purchase and look forward to living in there in the near future!
    Cannot agree more on this. Excellent statement!!!

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard
    Cannot agree more on this. Excellent statement!!!
    though it is impt for us to have a roof over our head, I like to think theres more to life than that. No sense makng your life miserable and worrying over the house, the ROI blah balh blah. I mean all these are quite impt but stop being a slave to your house. just buy a nice nest within your means so you still can live life happily like shopping, buying the stuff u like, eating the food u like, go drink and at the end of the day, go back to that nest of yours and sleep like a babyy

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard
    though it is impt for us to have a roof over our head, I like to think theres more to life than that. No sense makng your life miserable and worrying over the house, the ROI blah balh blah. I mean all these are quite impt but stop being a slave to your house. just buy a nice nest within your means so you still can live life happily like shopping, buying the stuff u like, eating the food u like, go drink and at the end of the day, go back to that nest of yours and sleep like a babyy
    Yes yes... if its causing you sleepless night or nights you cannot sleep like a baby, then its an ill investment! Health is much more important than wealth... I never use ROI anyway in all my purchases... LOL! Agreed that there are more to life than a roof over our heads!

Yes yes... if its causing you sleepless night or nights you cannot sleep like a baby, then its an ill investment! Health is much more important than wealth... I never use ROI anyway in all my purchases... LOL! Agreed that there are more to life than a roof over our heads!
    Correct. this reminds me of a story by catherine lee. a young couple dreamt of owning the perfect home - a big bungalow with pool. they invested in stock and earned a lot.. since the bugalow cost crazy, they keep on investing to accumulate money. then stock market crashed and they lost everything overnight. eventually stress, depression, pressure and the tot of having to give up on the dream home killed the guy. but he did own the perfect home in the end - his distraught wife and mother got someone to design a paper bungalow complete with a big pool, maids and cars built specific to what the couple has always wanted their dream house to be and burn for him.

Sad story indeed! Just remember not to become the next story for others to relate and tell others!

Sad story indeed! Just remember not to become the next story for others to relate and tell others!
    haaa. i wont. To me, life is much more than that!

Missed the boat, the MM 3 bedder 893sqft mid floor was only around 770k during preview. All sold out on the first day.

Default B

Thanks! Yah should move on! I will look ahead to the completion! Hope it's not too long though...

FEO can hold asking price so don't worry that your house will suffer price depreciation even during down times..

FEO can hold asking price so don't worry that your house will suffer price depreciation even during down times..
    at least safe from being asked to top up by banks

Just wondering, have they starting piling work for this development? Friend bought a 4 bedder here to stay but he doesn't frequent this forum nor visited the site since he paid for the 5% at the showflat.

Quote Originally Posted by Worsty
    Just wondering, have they starting piling work for this development? Friend bought a 4 bedder here to stay but he doesn't frequent this forum nor visited the site since he paid for the 5% at the showflat.
    Nope. So far they just started clearing land... Land looks about cleared. My workplace quite near so pass by to look see.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    at least safe from being asked to top up by banks
    True... Hope never come to that...
    Does that really happen actually?

Quote Originally Posted by Merkon
    True... Hope never come to that...
    Does that really happen actually?
    It has never happened to me butI heard it happened probably only once and people used it to shoot the banks...

Good news for boathouse, there will be shops, restaurants and a supermarket at the new Hougang Capeview BTO just next to the project. There is also a viewing deck as well.

http://www101.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eamp...tm?open&ft=bto

Good to see shops, restaurants and a supermarket, but I doubt business will be good because the catchment area is small. I would have bought here if it is FH or 999LH. Need to escape from the crowd...

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Good to see shops, restaurants and a supermarket, but I doubt business will be good because the catchment area is small. I would have bought here if it is FH or 999LH. Need to escape from the crowd...
    Catchment is small as of now but in time to come, when the whole area is built up, then maybe bigger catchment.

Well, it's attraction as of now is low human flow density coz got long kang to attract the serenity lovers.

Seems like hdb/ura are making this area the more attas place of Hougang. EC, condo, dbss and even the bto here are premium types.

I seriously think the 'restaurants' will be coffeeshops ... or maybe the atas kinda coffeeshops like foodcourts

There is another lot for "eating house". So I guess they will be restaurants. Something like those further up the river in punggol. Maybe fastfood like Mcdonalds, yoshinoya or mass market restaurants like crystal jade kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Good news for boathouse, there will be shops, restaurants and a supermarket at the new Hougang Capeview BTO just next to the project. There is also a viewing deck as well.

http://www101.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eamp...tm?open&ft=bto
    When I went to Boathouse showroom, they did not mention HDB will be built on this plot of land. So I thought the "restaurants" they were referring to is al-fresco style like the current Punggol East area. If it is with HDB, then its probably something like Rivervale Plaza.

Quote Originally Posted by ulrich76
    When I went to Boathouse showroom, they did not mention HDB will be built on this plot of land. So I thought the "restaurants" they were referring to is al-fresco style like the current Punggol East area. If it is with HDB, then its probably something like Rivervale Plaza.
    kopitiam more like it....

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy
    kopitiam more like it....
    isnt dat better? cheaper if you eat out often as most small families do nowadays

Whatever kopitiam or plaza style, it is amenities and that is important. Face it, this is not Orchard or Marina Bay so no need to have high class. I don't mind kopitiam. Better than no eating places. This place already far from MRT so just make do with whatever else the govt brings on.

What is the price of the cheapest 3 bedder compact and 2 bedder soho now?

Think 'restaurants' will be fast food restaurants and 'eating house' will be coffee shop.
    Will take whatever they give lah ... Better than none I guess.

New BTO flatsm PCs and ECs are springing up in this area. In due time, it'll be so congested and matured that streets and roads will be buzzing with human and vehicle traffic. No more peace and quiet liao!

Can any experienced property buyers answer this?
    Received an invitation from developer to another development for a 'gathering'. What to expect? Is it a marketing strategy?

is it far east? they have been doing that frequently under different names, "gathering, focus group etc" i rejected them outright. not interested. but no harm going if u r keen on any of their projects. you might indirectly contribute to their final record pricing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkon
    Can any experienced property buyers answer this?
    Received an invitation from developer to another development for a 'gathering'. What to expect? Is it a marketing strategy?