Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Boathouse Residence

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    The 4 bedder facing pool and school (front and back) asking $1.22m at 14xx sq ft after 17% discount looks good. Pool view plus no future blockage by other residential except got afternoon sun.

The 2 bedder SOHO asking 691k.

The 2+1 SOHO asking $8xxk.
    All #03. Hmmm prices looks ok only after the 17% discount. But not sure any further adjustment come Monday when market respond further to the US's rating change!

Unlikely... It's has to be in phases... Or else earlier buyers won't exercise their options...it's lagging.. Wait 3 months. Maybe got chance.

All in all, this is a 850-900psf development. For this kind of location with no views, no amenities, no transport, it's considered cheap? Depends on what you compare with.. I think so so lah..

No point getting the high floor units facing the long kang because it will eventually be blocked. Just get the low floor if anything or the pool facing units can already!

No point getting the high floor units facing the long kang because it will eventually be blocked. Just get the low floor if anything or the pool facing units can already!

Between 5 to 10 floor will do...

Also not too big units.... 2 bedder is nice....

Make sure no West sun unless u r a sun lover...

Any idea how is the sales? If very bad got chance for more discounts.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Any idea how is the sales? If very bad got chance for more discounts.
    Think there are only 3 out of the 6 blocks which are currently launched and the units are moving. All the non SOHO 2 bedders are snapped up already (and so the agent told me). Only one penthouse is left of these 3 blocks. Not too sure about the rest.

What can you do with SOHO?
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    What can you do with SOHO?
    They come with 3.35m ceiling height and you can have the option for the free platform they provide to increase your floor area.

The wadrobe extends all the way up to the top so ur storage space is much more than the standard 2.8m units.

Hopefully they provide extra 10% discount soon.

The 4 bedder facing pool and school (front and back) asking $1.22m at 14xx sq ft after 17% discount looks good. Pool view plus no future blockage by other residential except got afternoon sun.

The 2 bedder SOHO asking 691k.

The 2+1 SOHO asking $8xxk.
    All #03. Hmmm prices looks ok only after the 17% discount. But not sure any further adjustment come Monday when market respond further to the US's rating change!
    These prices after the discount or before? If before then think I should also go queue up

Default Can SOHO rock the boat?

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_632149.html
    Feb 2011

THE growing trend of working from home is prompting developers to roll out more so-called Soho - small office, home offices - projects.

The popularity of the concept is also showing up in the leasing market, where properties termed as Soho units can fetch higher rental than similar-sized units simply labelled as flats.

Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) figures show how the notion of working from home has really taken hold.

It has authorised about 3,700 private residential owners since its Home Office Scheme was launched in 2003. The licence lets owners run small-scale businesses from their homes. About 600 applications and licence renewals were approved last year, up by 11 per cent on 2009 and double the number in 2008.

Developers have cottoned on. Mr Chia Boon Kuah, executive director and chief operating officer of property sales at Far East Organization, said he sees a trend of more people looking for flexible spaces that allow them to live, work and relax under the same roof.

Far East's recent project The Tennery, a 338-unit Soho-style project in Bukit Panjang, was partly inspired by the success of its other Soho projects, The Greenwich and Soho@Central. (But let's face it. You need to be in the right location. Not just any location.)

More than 90 per cent of The Tennery has been sold, with prices averaging $1,200 per sq ft (psf). Its one-bedroom flats range from 619 sq ft to 640 sq ft, while its two-bedroom flats range from 860 sq ft to 950 sq ft.

Mr Bong Flores, who bought a one-bedroom unit at The Tennery, said the project's investment potential was a big draw: 'We were tracking units at Soho@Central and the response from the market has been very good. The units there have also seen capital appreciation. As an investor, it gave me motivation to buy into another Soho project.'

Okio Residences in Balestier has sold almost 40 per cent of its Soho-concept units since its launch late last month. The freehold project, built by SDB Asia, a subsidiary of Malaysian-listed Selangor Dredging Berhad, has 104 units, with prices for its 420 sq ft flats starting from $600,000.

Soho Life, a freehold mixed-use development in Joo Chiat Road, has fewer than five units left. The 70-unit project by World Class Land, launched last October, has a combination of office and residential units. The smallest 344 sq ft flats sold at prices from $1,200 psf to $1,300 psf.

One reason Soho units are popular is because they can attract good rentals, some consultants say.

Savills Singapore director of corporate residential leasing Patrick Lai said rents of centrally located Soho units averaged from $4.50 psf to $5.50 psf in 2009.

Last year, these rents rose to as much as $6.50 psf, with Mr Lai predicting they could hit $7 psf later this year.

He said rental demand for Soho units will stay strong, especially among entrepreneurs and small businesses, as they can be used for both residential and business purposes.

Mr Colin Tan, head of research and consultancy at Chesterton Suntec International, added: 'There are a lot of apartments but very few Soho units. So developers can claim these units are in limited supply and therefore have higher capital appreciation potential.'

But analysts caution that people must be aware of what they are buying into.

The URA said the term Soho is a marketing term used by developers and their property agents and does not refer to a specific development type that it grants approval for.

Small units branded as Soho units by developers are less than 500 sq ft in size, and are often labelled as 'Mickey Mouse flats' or 'shoebox apartments'.

Their size means that the total price tag still remains relatively affordable, even though the psf value is higher than that for bigger-sized apartments.

Mr Herman Chang, managing director of the Macly Group, said he plans to roll out about 350 small apartments this year.

He said:'Sometimes when we hand over the projects to the marketing agents, they try to sell small apartments as Soho units. They'll try to persuade buyers, especially for properties with a frontage facing the main road, that the units can be rented out as offices when the office sector is good, or as residential units when that sector is doing better.'

Labelling small units as Sohos could help differentiate the project from others, said Chesterton's Mr Tan, therefore justifying a higher price tag.

They come with 3.35m ceiling height and you can have the option for the free platform they provide to increase your floor area.

The wadrobe extends all the way up to the top so ur storage space is much more than the standard 2.8m units.

what a gimmick...3.35 ceiling is crap..

that won;t provide enouight height for second platform..unless you are a midget..
    If my height is 1.8M.. how can I stand on both upper and lower? Need atleast 5 M to be useable SOHO..

that won;t provide enouight height for second platform..unless you are a midget..
    If my height is 1.8M.. how can I stand on both upper and lower? Need atleast 5 M to be useable SOHO..

But Serangoon Central is better.
    If the proposed condo next to NEX sells SOHO units then it makes more sense.
    Minton is pretty near.
    Taken from URA master plan for north east sg.

Quote Originally Posted by rockinsg

also high ceiling has a potential for increased electiricty bills...
    takes air-con longer time to cool due to large area....

Quote Originally Posted by rockinsg

This SOHO concept does not mean double storey. It's first storey with a small storage built up. When upstairs, must crawl, not stand upright to walk! Even 1.6m also cannot stand up in upper storey!

Went to the show flat last weekend .

3 bedroom compact

list at 1.076 mil discounted to 882,320 (with FEO loyalty discount) for a 09-17 pool view

List at 1,027 mil discounted to 842,140 (with FEO loyalty discount) for a 02-17 pool view

2 bed room

08-16 pool view (762,600) after loyalty discount
    03-16 pool view (738,000) after loyalty discount

Very tempting to buy. But due to current global issue, think have to patiently wait before commit another property.

Quote Originally Posted by propertyinvestor
    Went to the show flat last weekend .

3 bedroom compact

list at 1.076 mil discounted to 882,320 (with FEO loyalty discount) for a 09-17 pool view

List at 1,027 mil discounted to 842,140 (with FEO loyalty discount) for a 02-17 pool view

2 bed room

08-16 pool view (762,600) after loyalty discount
    03-16 pool view (738,000) after loyalty discount

Very tempting to buy. But due to current global issue, think have to patiently wait before commit another property.
    Prices look reasonable, but I would rather get Terrasse which is only slightly more expensive. FEO has excellent holding power. I doubt there will be further significant discounts. Their style is to slowly sell and rent out unsold units upon TOP (3-4 years later from anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Prices look reasonable, but I would rather get Terrasse which is only slightly more expensive. FEO has excellent holding power. I doubt there will be further significant discounts. Their style is to slowly sell and rent out unsold units upon TOP (3-4 years later from anyway).
    Right, that is why I prefer to buy FEO project if outlook is gloomy. At least they protect the early buyer. Terrasse is pretty good and I almost commit to buy a small unit for investment. But end up I bought a small unit at EUHABITAT just a few days ago.

Well, at least they should give 5% furniture vouchers like they did at waterfront isle launch.

Well, at least they should give 5% furniture vouchers like they did at waterfront isle launch.
    Boathouse is giving furniture vouchers upon TOP. Think its about $10k or something.

Boathouse is giving furniture vouchers upon TOP. Think its about $10k or something.
    Yes, they give 1.5% upon TOP.

Smile

Can consider if buying for self stay.... Only if buying for self stay..

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Can consider if buying for self stay.... Only if buying for self stay..
    Only if you drive for self stay. Its a distance to nearest MRT even if there's free shuttle (only for 2 years)! Then again I know there are many units rented at Rio Vista so even for investment, it is still viable!

Only if you drive for self stay. Its a distance to nearest MRT even if there's free shuttle (only for 2 years)! Then again I know there are many units rented at Rio Vista so even for investment, it is still viable!
    Maybe ok for investment as quantum quite low. If can rent around 3-3.3k, rental yield exceed 4percent already.

Maybe ok for investment as quantum quite low. If can rent around 3-3.3k, rental yield exceed 4percent already.
    Provided the economy remains good. Rio Vista e bedder only fetched $2.xk during the recession in 2008/9.

So if I were to exchange my minton 1 bedder with this boathouse 2 bedder soho = bad idea?

So if I were to exchange my minton 1 bedder with this boathouse 2 bedder soho = bad idea?

why u want to do a switch? incur overheads coupled with 4yrs ssd

i would say hold on to yr minton and sell if profit gets higher in future since u think it is not a long term property to hold on

How is the sales going? Show flat agent told me last sat that they had already collected 50 cheques even before the VVIP preview.

Default 90 sold from last fri till 8/8

Reported in BT yesterday:

Boathouse Residences, a 99-year leasehold private condo at Upper Serangoon View which was released last Friday by Frasers Centrepoint, Sekisui House and Far East Organization, saw about 90 units sold by yesterday. About 80 per cent of the units were bought by Singaporeans, with the rest taken up by permanent residents and other foreigners.
    The average price is $880 psf. The cheapest unit is a 624 sq ft one-bedder on the second floor, at $570,000. The developers have released 200 of the total 493 apartments in project.

As a comparison, when Frasers and Far East released Eight Courtyards in Yishun in April, they sold about 202 units in the first four days - Friday to Monday. The 99-year leasehold homes were priced at an average of $795 psf.
    However, Frasers Centrepoint Homes CEO Cheang Kok Kheong says the sales result for Boathouse Residences is not too far off another project the group released more recently - Seastrand condo in Pasir Ris, with 103 units sold in four days during its preview in June.
    He also points out that generally, things have been quieter in Singapore these past few days as many people have taken an extended National Day holiday.
    Mr Cheang said that while the turnout at the Boathouse Residences showflat was 'very good', buyers are now taking a longer time to make a decision.
    'Four months ago, during the Eight Courtyards launch, buyers took about 45 minutes to make a decision. Now, they probably require 60-90 minutes,' he added. 'With more uncertainty and cautiousness, they're thinking twice, maybe three times, to relook the whole thing - their finances and their needs. Those who were previously looking at purchasing a four-bedroom apartment may now settle for a three-bedder, for instance.'
    BT understands that Boathouse Residences' $880 psf average price is slightly lower than the $900-920 psf indication given to prospective buyers when agents began gathering interest about a month ago.

How is the sales going? Show flat agent told me last sat that they had already collected 50 cheques even before the VVIP preview.

Boathouse Residences comprises one and two-bedroom Soho-concept apartments housed in two 15-storey blocks and two, three and four-bedroom apartments in four 18-storey blocks.
    The Soho-style apartments have a higher-than-usual floor- to-ceiling height of 3.35 metres, allowing residents to enjoy a bigger volume of space. They come with a furniture platform that may serve as a library, storage area or cosy corner. The one and two-bedders are priced from $880 psf to $1,040 psf, while the three and four-bedroom apartments cost about $800-930 psf