Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Boathouse Residence

2. which promenade? not punggol right? because it is damn far away..

3. Not near. If 2km is near, then what is far?

9. when did homo tiles become a pro?

it cant be 10 pros vs 4 cons.. haha..

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Last point on feo buying over narrow plot to protect previous buyers is difficult to believe. If I were e developer i will buy over e land n sell as real water front condo. They r in business to make money n not charity like this.
    Can anyone be certain that FEO will outbid all other developers when that site is up for tender ?

Default Condominium Sales Slow Down

Homebuyers are starting to show reluctance to make a deal following the stockmarket rout. Observers noted that while buyer interest remains strong, new releases to the property market are less sought after than expected.

(Buyers seem more hesitant to purchase condominiums)

For instance, the first week of August saw the release of Boathouse Residences, a 99-year leasehold private condominium situated at Upper Serangoon View, by Frasers Centrepoint, Sekisui House and Far East Organisation. The launch saw about 90 of the 200 released units sold at an average price of $880 per sq ft (psf). The project has a total of 493 apartments. Its cheapest unit is a 624 sq ft one-room flat located on the second floor, which went for $570,000. Around 80% of its buyers were Singaporeans, the rest made up of permanent residents and foreigners.

Compare these figures with those of April just this year, when Frasers and Far East released another condominium, Eight Courtyards at Yishun. The development sold about 202 units within the first four days, at an average price of $795 psf.

Yet Frasers Ceontrepoint Homes CEO Cheang Kok Kheong claimed that the results for Boathouse Residences was not too far off another recently released project: Seastrand condominium at Pasir Ris, which sold off 103 units in four days during its preview in June. Cheang added that things have been generally quieter in the local property scene recently as most people are on an extended National Day holiday. He told the Business Times that while turnout was “very good”, buyers are now taking a longer time to decide.

“With more uncertainty and cautiousness, they’re thinking twice, maybe three times, to relook the whole thing – their finances and their needs. Those who were previously looking at purchasing a four-bedroom apartment may now settle for a three-bedder, for instance.”

According to the Business Times, the Boathouse Residences’ average price of $880 psf is slightly lower than the $900-920 psf average price that developers have projected to prospective buyers just a month ago.

Global Property Strategic Alliance chief executive Jeffrey Hong echoed Cheang’s sentiments, noting that crowds at showflats for suburban projects are still quite thick because buyers are mostly HDB upgraders and “more genuine”.

“But the stockmarket rout has had some impact even on this sector, with many house hunters now adopting a wait-and-see approach,” he observed, adding that “on the other hand, things have been a lot quieter in the luxury segment, where there are more investors and they’re more sensitive to volatility in the financial markets.”

Apartments in Boathouse Residences are either one or two-bedroom Soho-concept units housed in two 15-storey blocks and two, three and four-bedroom units in four 18-storey blocks. The one and two-roomers are priced between $880 psf and $1,040 psf; the three and four-roomers cost $800-930 psf.

Last week, the Seastrand sold off nine more units, bringing the total sales to 239 units. Currently, 269 of its 475 units have been released to the market. The average Seastrand price has shot up from $877 psf to its current price of $924 psf.

On the other hand, things are much brighter on the executive condominium (EC) front. Blossom Residences by City Developments Ltd (CDL) has had 115 of its Segar Road units snapped up last Sunday, when the remaining units of the projects were then opened to second-time buyers and upgraders. Governmental rules dictate that developers have to set aside at least 95% of units in an EC project for first-time homebuyers during the first month of its launch. CDL began selling the EC for an average price of $685 psf on July 7, pushing total sales for the 602-unit strong project to 319 units.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Last point on feo buying over narrow plot to protect previous buyers is difficult to believe. If I were e developer i will buy over e land n sell as real water front condo. They r in business to make money n not charity like this.
    I think it is safer to buy pool view then reservoir view. As reservoir view may turn out to be block view...

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80
    Pros:
    (1) Location tranquil and serene. Waterfront living concept is the in thing these days.
    Will be blocked coz its quite a distance from the water (aka long kang). Not always believe what agent say especially about FEO buying over plot of land opposite.

(2) Near to the upcoming waterfront promenade with shopping and dining amenities .
    Good point!

(3) Near to future Hougang Mega Mall.
    Rio Vista and Florida even nearer. This location can't really walk over. At least 15 mins walk.

(4) Free shuttle bus to MRT stations for 2 years.
    Most projects like Minton and Clovers also provide free shutter for 2 years so nothing very pro.

(5) The 2 +1 Study layout and 3.3m ceiling allows clever utilization of space. Climbed up the platform (bedframe built above the study through this medium) and the subdivision of the 3.3m was actually done nicely and livable. Kids will love it. It has a cosy feel.
    Decent point on space utility!

(6)Super large pool and other superb landscaping. It is truly a resort.
    Some other projects provide superb landscaping andl large pool so this is not very pro either.

(7) Generous additional items offering by the developers.Washer cum dryer and refrigerator provided.
    Good to know point!

(8) The bedrooms layout are spacious. For some reason, they seems bigger than those depicted in H20 Residences and Terrasse showflats.
    Important point! Most projects are miserable on room sizes!

(9) The masterbedroom walls are given marble finishing and special feature walls which exudes elegance. Definitely better than the recent launched projects in the area. Also, timber flooring for bedrooms (instead of laminated flooring which feels and looks fake). Homogenous tiles used for living room also looks good and practical.
    Using cheap homo tiles to make the place look good and practical is not very nice for buyers. Of course developers will benefit from low cost but buyers will certainly not benefit lor!

(10) The Buangkok Sengkang KPE exit/entrance just round the corner. Very convenient for those who drive.
    Driver's point!

Cons:
    (1) The size of the Gym is extremely disappointing. From the pictures and scale model on display, it can only fit a few pieces of exercise equipments. For those serious gym activists, this project is a no no.
    Indeed a problem if 4 or more users want to use the facilities at any one time which is highly possible for the number of units there!

(2) This location is not for those who likes convenience to public transport and major amenities. A better choice will be on the Keppel Land project that is going to be launched end of this month.
    Totally agreed!

(3) The parking lots allocated to this project are miserable. Only 497 lots. Only 4 extra lots. Agent claimed that most of those who bought the SOHO units will not have cars.
    Indeed pathetic! This is the only reason agents can think of to counter the pathetic parking spaces. Anyway the agents are never there when there are really no parking lots or if all units own at least 1 car. They only need to say irresponsible stuff now coz they don't have to bear any consequence later.

(4) No yard available to dry clothes. Hence developers provide free dryer.
    Some people don't mind no yard. Can still dry at balcony and display your inner world to the public!

Overall thoughts:
    The 3 bedder layout for 1109sqft seems to be the most efficient. Finishing and items given also better than recently new launched projects in the district plus extraordinary water landscaping and recreation facilities.
    Personally I feel the 4 bedder which is released for sale now is the best. One balcony faces school so sure no block. Can see far far! The other balcony is pool view. Then can even see between the neighbouring stacks to maybe catch the river if possible!

Other interesting point:
    Agent also mentioned that Far East will most certainly buy over any plot of residential land in front of Boathouse in order to protect the reservoir view...so no worries on blocked view. Caveat Emptor
    No guarantee the FEO can get it. Then again if this project is not fully sold, FEO may not want to acquire the neighbouring land to incur more losses coz take up is already poor in Boathouse! They won't slap themselves twice lah!

received the boathouse residences publicity leaflet and the amenities/location map is really deceptive. They showed that coney island would have an archery centre and the waterway around coney island would be used for boating activities. I can tell you this is bullshit. When the govt were promoting punggol 21 HDB flats to the public in 1996, they also sold the idea of a water sports hub in punggol, but that never came to fruition and it still never will. Across the water beside coney island is a whole stretch of ominous looking petrochemical factory. I once drove to the jetty at night and could not even get out of the car coz the petrochemical smell was just so strong and made it impossible for me to even step out of the car. I slammed my door shut and drove off together with my wife, never wanting to return to that god forsaken shoreline again. The air pollution problem is still serious in punggol but the govt chose to cover it up. For anyone planning to buy a house in punggol, please take a drive to punggol jetty at night and also drive around the town with your windows down and see if you smell some chemical in the air. The chemical clouds drifting from pasir gudang to punggol is highly toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    received the boathouse residences publicity leaflet and the amenities/location map is really deceptive. They showed that coney island would have an archery centre and the waterway around coney island would be used for boating activities. I can tell you this is bullshit. When the govt were promoting punggol 21 HDB flats to the public in 1996, they also sold the idea of a water sports hub in punggol, but that never came to fruition and it still never will. Across the water beside coney island is a whole stretch of ominous looking petrochemical factory. I once drove to the jetty at night and could not even get out of the car coz the petrochemical smell was just so strong and made it impossible for me to even step out of the car. I slammed my door shut and drove off together with my wife, never wanting to return to that god forsaken shoreline again. The air pollution problem is still serious in punggol but the govt chose to cover it up. For anyone planning to buy a house in punggol, please take a drive to punggol jetty at night and also drive around the town with your windows down and see if you smell some chemical in the air. The chemical clouds drifting from pasir gudang to punggol is highly toxic.
    In other words, Punggol Seventeenth Avenue residents are under severe health threats? Well developers are still selling those landed at alarming prices.

Bot a 2br soho today after considering the following factors

- price. $722k for 7 floor pool view 2br nowadays ok lah. Some more no pm sun
    - huge pool, unlike luxurie and Treasure trove
    - resort feel and proximity to jogging track aka longkang
    - 3 bus stops from hougang central, which is not too far
    - at kpe entrance. If u drive, just need 20 mins to reach town
    - less than 500 units, and a spacious layout site plan. A huge difference compared to luxurie and tt
    - high ceiling, though I prob wun opt for platform

$psf? How many % left in the development?
    Quote Originally Posted by ulrich76

- less than 500 units, and a spacious layout site plan. A huge difference compared to luxurie and tt

Quite livable and peaceful if you are driving and your unit is not facing the school.

Hi Ulrich76, congrats on your purchase! Excellent buy...7th floor just nice....not too low and able to enjoy a decent pool view....the higher you go, the more mickey mouse the pool seems and the pool view effect lost. I also like the super big pool in Boathouse Residences. Also a lot more spacious not just in site layout but unit layout compared to Luxurie...very efficient and roomy design.

Do you happen to know the latest no. of units sold status?

Did not notice the total no of sold units. For the Soho near the road, tower a, think its almost fully sold. Think they are releasing the Soho near the river which are more ex. To me personally, stacks near upp serangoon road is better. Nearer bus stop and prob a 5 min walk to the coffee shop at hg Ave 10

Did not notice the total no of sold units. For the Soho near the road, tower a, think its almost fully sold. Think they are releasing the Soho near the river which are more ex. To me personally, stacks near upp serangoon road is better. Nearer bus stop and prob a 5 min walk to the coffee shop at hg Ave 10
    That coffeeshop is miserably small. The bigger one at Ave 8 just another 3 mins walk across the road opp Punggol Park offers more choice of food!

coming in at no. 2 in aug at 202 units sold at 898psf median.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    coming in at no. 2 in aug at 202 units sold at 898psf median.
    Despite the not too attractive location it is ranks in 2nd. Impressive. Guess buyers are still too price sensitive so the cheaper projects will still go first. Same case for ATT which may well emerge top spot for Sept. Luxurie's price is probably a little too steep for the liking of most buyers!

Default Updates?

Any updates on the sale uptake of boathouse?
    recently a few launches in the area ... probably has an impact on the sales figure in Sep?

Quote Originally Posted by Merkon
    Any updates on the sale uptake of boathouse?
    recently a few launches in the area ... probably has an impact on the sales figure in Sep?
    A friend of mine told me his agent text him 3bdrm now selling as low as $750K. Anyone can confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney Stone Stone
    A friend of mine told me his agent text him 3bdrm now selling as low as $750K. Anyone can confirm?
    Think i also receive a similar SMS, probably refering to the compact 3 bedder abt 900 sqft. But if there are going to be any star buys, then this might be the one.

that's a good deal i would say... you intend to buy ?

Quote Originally Posted by iwantgizmos
    that's a good deal i would say... you intend to buy ?
    I want to but my Vitamin M stop me from moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    Think i also receive a similar SMS, probably refering to the compact 3 bedder abt 900 sqft. But if there are going to be any star buys, then this might be the one.
    Ohhh... I see. I never see the floor plan of this project, therefore thought of the 3 Bedder normally more than 1000 sqft. Thanks.

That's for the smallest 3br compact. 893sf. Only one stack. 17 units. Full sold during first day of launch. The rest of the 3br compact (1001sf) is selling from $850k onwards.

I thought the price is quite ok in current market especially with the excellent furnishings.

The next cheapest 3 bedroom compact is stack 14, facing the future EC, was selling around 800psf for the low floor ones, around 830k.

Quote Originally Posted by victorchoo
    That's for the smallest 3br compact. 893sf. Only one stack. 17 units. Full sold during first day of launch. The rest of the 3br compact (1001sf) is selling from $850k onwards.

I thought the price is quite ok in current market especially with the excellent furnishings.
    Price ok but location ok only if you drive and you need kpe. When housing prices starts to fall, then it's not so ok already.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Price ok but location ok only if you drive and you need kpe. When housing prices starts to fall, then it's not so ok already.
    Agree. That's why the project is targeted for own stay and not investors...

Default Frasers Centrepoint update

quoted from "The Edge": 278 out of 493 units sold at an average of 903psf as at Oct 6.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    quoted from "The Edge": 278 out of 493 units sold at an average of 903psf as at Oct 6.
    They should be safe already with around 56% sold. Wonder how will Parc Vera affect the future sales of this project.

there's so many new developments in the area. there's another one coming up by china developer diagonally opposite boathouse site (beside austville).
    now i'm wondering if i should have waited to see parc vera before i bought boathouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkon
    there's so many new developments in the area. there's another one coming up by china developer diagonally opposite boathouse site (beside austville).
    now i'm wondering if i should have waited to see parc vera before i bought boathouse.
    Golden rule number 1... don't regret your purchase. Rather, make the best out of it. Return to the initial reasons which prompted you to buy. Sit on these reasons to make you feel better. Furthermore, no one knows the future so don't fault yourself over that. Enjoy your new purchase and look forward to living in there in the near future!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Golden rule number 1... don't regret your purchase. Rather, make the best out of it. Return to the initial reasons which prompted you to buy. Sit on these reasons to make you feel better. Furthermore, no one knows the future so don't fault yourself over that. Enjoy your new purchase and look forward to living in there in the near future!
    Very well said.