Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: City Square Residences (D8, Freehold, by CDL)

Eck Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UnregĄstered
    $800psf? Below D19 99Leasehold price?
    No! Lower than that!
    You should buy Freedhold CSR at HDB flat price!

Hummzzz considering the initial launch price of CSR back then and the sheer amt of units available, i think below $800 is definately possible. Its still quite a substantial amount of profit we are talking abt.

Thinking from an investor pt of view, it is only common sense to sell off and secure profits if you think that the market is going down (By the way i am not saying that the market will fall, decide on your own) and then re-enter the market during the uptrend to enjoy the value growth.

So personally i think property owners will choose to cash out and then re-enter the market when it stabilizes and when property prices are at its low again. However its only my guess, every man for himself, make ur own decisions and we will see how the market goes. Believe Oct transactions are already showing the effects of the down turn.

Best is not get too attached to an investment, that is one common pitfall that many fall into. As of now if the demand is low, so i believe sellers can only hope to find buyers who are buying to stay in the area rather then for speculative purposes, if not just hold on to ur property until the next cycle if it falls below your buying price, you will only lose out on paper value, opportunity cost and liquidity. If you believe that the market will go way down where future opportunity cost is high, then you might want to sell your property even at a managable loss and then recoop your losses on the up trend to maximise ur capital.

As for FH at HDB prices? Hummzzz, i doubt the market will be tat inefficient. Even if such a deal exists i believe the first person to know abt it (prob a friend or a property agent) will prob buy it and then resell it at a more realistic rate.

Cheers

Just my 2 cent worth.. Guest

It is not as simple as you thought.

First of all, the property market has started to retreat, then at current market price, there isnt many willing buyer. Buyers are either looking for a huge discount to factor in the recession impact, or they just wait & see (for those who think price will drop sharply when recession comes..)

If property owner wants to cash out, they have to forego hard earn profits. Imaging you could earn 150K 4 months ago, b'cos of missing the window of opportunities, you are going to make only 50K profit only.. not many can accept that. Cut loss is always the most difficult decision.

It is not a common sense to sell now and buy later. These people already bought at good price (if they can still make profit now), if they can afford to hold the property, they need not take chance to sell the property at low profit now and risk the chance of buying property at another low price, they may not get a good price.. (how much the property price should go down further is still a unknown..)

If the property owner is already making a loss, as long he sustain the monthly payment to hold the property, he is still doing ok. By selling it, he may run into losses that can cause bankrupcy. So the property owner still cannot sell, afterall, how much the property price should fall is still a speculation now..

All these buy and sell decision may change one person's life forever, so it is not as easy as you have said in your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Eck
    Hummzzz considering the initial launch price of CSR back then and the sheer amt of units available, i think below $800 is definately possible. Its still quite a substantial amount of profit we are talking abt.

Thinking from an investor pt of view, it is only common sense to sell off and secure profits if you think that the market is going down (By the way i am not saying that the market will fall, decide on your own) and then re-enter the market during the uptrend to enjoy the value growth.

So personally i think property owners will choose to cash out and then re-enter the market when it stabilizes and when property prices are at its low again. However its only my guess, every man for himself, make ur own decisions and we will see how the market goes. Believe Oct transactions are already showing the effects of the down turn.

Best is not get too attached to an investment, that is one common pitfall that many fall into. As of now if the demand is low, so i believe sellers can only hope to find buyers who are buying to stay in the area rather then for speculative purposes, if not just hold on to ur property until the next cycle if it falls below your buying price, you will only lose out on paper value, opportunity cost and liquidity. If you believe that the market will go way down where future opportunity cost is high, then you might want to sell your property even at a managable loss and then recoop your losses on the up trend to maximise ur capital.

As for FH at HDB prices? Hummzzz, i doubt the market will be tat inefficient. Even if such a deal exists i believe the first person to know abt it (prob a friend or a property agent) will prob buy it and then resell it at a more realistic rate.

Cheers

Eck Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Just my 2 cent worth..
    It is not as simple as you thought.

First of all, the property market has started to retreat, then at current market price, there isnt many willing buyer. Buyers are either looking for a huge discount to factor in the recession impact, or they just wait & see (for those who think price will drop sharply when recession comes..)

If property owner wants to cash out, they have to forego hard earn profits. Imaging you could earn 150K 4 months ago, b'cos of missing the window of opportunities, you are going to make only 50K profit only.. not many can accept that. Cut loss is always the most difficult decision.

It is not a common sense to sell now and buy later. These people already bought at good price (if they can still make profit now), if they can afford to hold the property, they need not take chance to sell the property at low profit now and risk the chance of buying property at another low price, they may not get a good price.. (how much the property price should go down further is still a unknown..)

If the property owner is already making a loss, as long he sustain the monthly payment to hold the property, he is still doing ok. By selling it, he may run into losses that can cause bankrupcy. So the property owner still cannot sell, afterall, how much the property price should fall is still a speculation now..

All these buy and sell decision may change one person's life forever, so it is not as easy as you have said in your comments.

I think which school of thought each individual is more inclined to is based on his or her risk appetite i guess. So there is no right or wrong answer. And i totally agree with you that buying and selling decisions are not easy decisions to be made haha.

Personally i adopted a buying into the "start" of a uptrend and selling into the "start" of a downtrend strategy as i felt that property price movement are usually slow. (Defination of "start" here varies with different individuals once again haha, how i wish i can always time it correctly)

Anyway like i said everyman for himself, lets just make our own decisions and see how the market moves.

Glad to see views from a different perspective.
    Thanks for sharing

Cheers

UnregĄstered Guest

Cheers
    Aiyah!
    Why talk about inefficient or not?

If D8 freehold can sell below D19 99-leasehold price, as per what you said, it can also sell below HDB flat price.

Both scenarios are inefficient in any case.

Eck Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UnregĄstered
    Aiyah!
    Why talk about inefficient or not?

If D8 freehold can sell below D19 99-leasehold price, as per what you said, it can also sell below HDB flat price.

Both scenarios are inefficient in any case.

In this case you are assuming that D19 prices still hold while only D8 prices drop (If the market does go on a down). More likely D19 prices will drop along with the prices in D8 too (might not be totally in line but definately the price drop in D08 projects will case will cause D19 projects to adjust its prices.)
    FH or leashold personally i dun really see the diff as long as the location is ok, depends on what you are buying the property for in the first place.

Anyway you can wait for prices to drop below HDB prices, its your money and your choice. Nothing is impossible. Good luck.

Cheers

UnregĄstered Guest

In this case you are assuming that D19 prices still hold while only D8 prices drop (If the market does go on a down). More likely D19 prices will drop along with the prices in D8 too (might not be totally in line but definately the price drop in D08 projects will case will cause D19 projects to adjust its prices.)
    FH or leashold personally i dun really see the diff as long as the location is ok, depends on what you are buying the property for in the first place.

Anyway you can wait for prices to drop below HDB prices, its your money and your choice. Nothing is impossible. Good luck.

Cheers
    Talking cock!

Anyway you can wait for prices to drop below D19 99LH prices, its your money and your dream. Nothing is impossible. Good luck.

RegĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Talking cock!

Anyway you can wait for prices to drop below D19 99LH prices, its your money and your dream. Nothing is impossible. Good luck.
    Relax lah!
    He is just joking with you.

Maybe you wants you to buy the new condo in Jurong?
    $1,000psf only!
    Cheaper than district 8!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_lim
    To all condo owners in Jurong West,

Congrats to all of us. The $1000 psf price has come to town!

Saw this advert on the new development at Lakeside by Frasers Centrepoint.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...de-new-project

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Registered
    Relax lah!
    He is just joking with you.

Maybe you wants you to buy the new condo in Jurong?
    $1,000psf only!
    Cheaper than district 8!
    You link above is wrong.
    This is the correct one:
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...de-new-project

hi all,
    I have been following up on the subsales transaction at CSR with keen interest and personally i find CSR a good investment. If owners hv holding power, then good to keep till economy recovers. If not, sell fast to cut loss. Any way, I am new to condo terms...what does "stack" mean?
    Also, any owners of a studio unit above 15 floors will to sell their unit, do message me. Thanks.,

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sufri
    hi all,
    I have been following up on the subsales transaction at CSR with keen interest and personally i find CSR a good investment. If owners hv holding power, then good to keep till economy recovers. If not, sell fast to cut loss. Any way, I am new to condo terms...what does "stack" mean?
    Also, any owners of a studio unit above 15 floors will to sell their unit, do message me. Thanks.,

Hi Sufri,

Whenever we say "stack" it actually mean the unit number. #18 <-- Elevation or commonly known as floor. When we see the full unit number: #18-88 <== means 18 floor stack 88. Hope you know it now.

By the way, if you are still looking for a unit in CSR, kindly drop me a line @ 82818888 as I do have a few available units for your selection.

Cheers!

Pet

Seems like a very highly advertised development for the subsale now..anyone can share your thoughts of the current going price of ~$800 psf for a 2 bdr (840 - 861 sq ft)?

Anyone has any idea why this project is transacting at ave $900+ psf when it is beside the Red Light District?

This development has very diverse price range. Saw an ad for a 2 bedroom at <800 - same for those studios. Firesale or what? Scratch head

Quote Originally Posted by $2COE
    Seems like a very highly advertised development for the subsale now..anyone can share your thoughts of the current going price of ~$800 psf for a 2 bdr (840 - 861 sq ft)?

Close to MRT, Shopping Centre, FH?

Compared to Geylang Lorong 40 properties its a lttle high. Compared to 99yrs Dakota Crescent/Kovan Residences/Citylights its very reasonable.

Personnelly i dont like, too many foreign nei nei workers hanging all over the place. Very uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by jc
    Anyone has any idea why this project is transacting at ave $900+ psf when it is beside the Red Light District?

Don't worry. At night you will not see them at all (unless if they start smiling)

Haha... IMHO to pay the px for City Sq Resi, might as well get a D15 FH near Parkway Parade. Anyway, the anchor tenants of City Square Mall doesn't look impressive at all...

And it is exacly this mall that is potentially "dangerous"...
    Imagine who do u think will crowd there during the weekends? Ang Moh? Tourist? Locals? OR People who used to sit on the grass open space now have a new free air con place to hang out?

Hi,

Any idea who's already on the list of anchor tenants for this mall?

Quote Originally Posted by $2COE
    Hi,

Any idea who's already on the list of anchor tenants for this mall?
    Metro, NTUC, etc. Targeting heartlanders. The main problem is there aren't many HDB household in the area unlike other towns like Tampines, Bishan, etc. And if i have to travel all the way to Citysquare, might as well go Plaza Sing, Bugis, etc. unless i wanna go Mustafa... Good luck to tenants there...

Bros, the last few comments should be aired in skyscrapercity's CSR thread.

Quote Originally Posted by hayata1972
    Bros, the last few comments should be aired in skyscrapercity's CSR thread.
    bro, I don't think so. the people there are too politically correct. you'll probably get a warning and a ban for saying those things.

Hi pple,

Personally although I don't really like the design of CSR, I think the location is great, cos of the MRT, the upcoming mall, the many good food stalls and the colourful vibrant place, including little india.

As for Ahladin's comments about it's not politically correct, I think it is just being polite and sensitive to people. Although I am not Indian, I find it very sad and insulting to hear people in this forum degrading people of other races. Those "nei nei" some of you mentioned are the ones who built your houses and flats we all stay in. Without them, who do you think are going to built your house? You?

This forum should be for people who are interested in discussing property / housing issues. For those who like dissing comments about people of colour, please go somewhere else or be brave to state your name and not hide behind the anonymity of the internet. Thank you.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by highskies
    Hi pple,

Personally although I don't really like the design of CSR, I think the location is great, cos of the MRT, the upcoming mall, the many good food stalls and the colourful vibrant place, including little india.

As for Ahladin's comments about it's not politically correct, I think it is just being polite and sensitive to people. Although I am not Indian, I find it very sad and insulting to hear people in this forum degrading people of other races. Those "nei nei" some of you mentioned are the ones who built your houses and flats we all stay in. Without them, who do you think are going to built your house? You?

This forum should be for people who are interested in discussing property / housing issues. For those who like dissing comments about people of colour, please go somewhere else or be brave to state your name and not hide behind the anonymity of the internet. Thank you.
    Good one highskies! Cheers to you!

Pet

Yes. The location is good esp if links with the MRT.
    Just that there are too many units in this development.
    900+???!!

Quote Originally Posted by highskies
    Hi pple,

Don't worry. We OKTs are schooled in the art of being subtle

The grounds, facilities layout and amenities for CSR is excellent!
    But let's call a spade a spade if the developer/MCST does not do what is necessary to protect the privacy and security of its residents.

i remember back in 03 when HDB released some brand new blocks in that area. Great location, wonderful height can see up to orchard. But go into MSCP - there were foreign workers camping in corner having picnic, one group per MSCP floor. Lift lobby (mind you nobody moved in yet), strewed with empty beer bottles. Go to highest floor, strong spice smell even when so high (once in a while is ok, imagine everyday).

This has got nothing to do with race, but personal privacy and comfort. Same reason why people dun like to live near churches (road jam); temples (joss sticks); mosques (call for prayers); etc etc

one doesn't pay that high just to stay in a prison oasis afraid to step out

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    But let's call a spade a spade if the developer/MCST does not do what is necessary to protect the privacy and security of its residents.

i remember back in 03 when HDB released some brand new blocks in that area. Great location, wonderful height can see up to orchard. But go into MSCP - there were foreign workers camping in corner having picnic, one group per MSCP floor. Lift lobby (mind you nobody moved in yet), strewed with empty beer bottles. Go to highest floor, strong spice smell even when so high (once in a while is ok, imagine everyday).

This has got nothing to do with race, but personal privacy and comfort. Same reason why people dun like to live near churches (road jam); temples (joss sticks); mosques (call for prayers); etc etc

Exactly that's my point too. On top of that, i am also concerned with the safety of ladies n kids in my family. Well, at least the other part of Singapore near to Aljunied MRT, there are less cases of foreign workers camping in corner having picnic.

Btw, have read thru the posting in forum of skys..percity. I reckon many are 1st time pte pty buyer and just love everything they see inside the new condo ignoring the fact that the whole project feels cramped, coupled with the less than desirable surrounding and location.

Although the unit layout is ok, is it worth to pay $800+ psf for this place? Or is there more potential px upside if i put my money in FH pty near Aljunied MRT? Or is it foreseeable px goes down to $600+?

Another big minus... most of the owners are trying either to get rid of their units or trying to rent out their apts by the dozens. Just check out the Straits Times and you can see scores being advertised every day nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Another big minus... most of the owners are trying either to get rid of their units or trying to rent out their apts by the dozens. Just check out the Straits Times and you can see scores being advertised every day nowadays.
    Location wise very undesireable...How to rent out? Any expat sees the enviornment and crowds at sunday sure get super turn off. At least geylang condos still can rent to working girls.

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo

Yes, a friend is staying at those HDB now. And he can't wait for the 5 years limit to reach in order to sell and move out. According to him there are still unsold units in those HDB.

As for CSR, even when the next-door mall is up it just means another mustafa for the largely indentured foreign workers to hang out.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    Yes, a friend is staying at those HDB now. And he can't wait for the 5 years limit to reach in order to sell and move out. According to him there are still unsold units in those HDB.

As for CSR, even when the next-door mall is up it just means another mustafa for the largely indentured foreign workers to hang out.
    Agreed, agreed.