Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: City Square Residences (D8, Freehold, by CDL)

Rental For City Square is weak. 2rm now already $2+k range, 3rm $3k n 4rm also mid-$3k. With more units coming aboard, rate can only dive and the only possbile reason to rent here is cheap n is going to get cheaper. Rate is much lower than Esta in the East Coast which just TOP late last yr and definitely cheaper than The Sea View.

Waiting for 3rm at CSR to drop to $2.5k, then can give up my current place n rent a place there May be worth the nonsense in the area since the rental is just slightly higher rate than HDB 5rm in prime area.

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    Once the other road opens up to Petain Rd traffic will flow will improve even with the opening of the Mall. I pass by that place quite often in the morning (8 – 9am) and I hardly see 1 or 2 cars at the junction at Kitchener Link waiting to turn into Kitchener Rd. Half the units are going to he rented out and many to singles / couples who are not going to drive but will depend on MRT. So 900 units does not mean 900 cars coming out at around the same time. The road starting from the junction of Serangoon Rd and Kitchener Rd heading towards Lavender is usually jammed up at night . That is not the only jammed up road in Singapore. If that was the case no one would have paid 4000psf to buy houses in the middle of Orchard Rd (Orchard Residences) where just to make one u-turn depending on which direction you are coming from can take you 30 minutes. Jams are even so common along suburban areas. This is part and parcel of driving on local roads.

There are I believe only 2 pubs directly opposite . There are just as many popular Chinese restaurants in that stretch. Fights are not a daily occurrence and I have not heard of any one being killed or robbed along that stretch. There have been more people killed at Boat Quay/Clarke Quay in fights and condos located near it are yet priced at a high premium. There have been more people killed from fights at neighbourhood coffeeshops than in the whole of Little India. So what if your wife was caught in the middle of a fight in your favourite coffeeshop? She would consider such locations to be perfectly safe? I bet and you and your wife are not afraid of going to Boat Quay or Clarke Quay despite it having so many pubs and witnessing regular fights? Is your wife not afraid of getting into a HDB lift where so many incidents take place regularly?

Basically it all boils down to perceptions . Once you have a bias attitude towards a particular location, it will be very easy to look at all the bad points.

At the end of the day only savvy and non racists will take advantage of such convenient locations.

Let me know when and if ever any resident from CSR gets mugged along Kitchener Rd.

I guess at the end of the day, if despite people warning abt CSR, you still decide that its a place good enough and worth it in your opinion, please go ahead and buy it for investment or stay in it.

In fact, I can even intro to you my friend's 4 bedder unit as his family now regrets staying here but can't sell it since its below his purchase px of $850 psf. Maybe you want to offer him above $850 psf (since you rate CSR similiar to East Coast properties) since you have so much confidence in CSR. Interested??

He used to stay at East Coast sea facing 5rm flats, he now regrets staying in CSR. Even his neighbour, a european expat who rented a unit has decided to break lease after 6 mths. In his own words `area is not condusive for my family.' There are better areas to choose from.
    Last edited by HP65; 28-03-09 at 09:31.

Quote Originally Posted by HP65
    I guess at the end of the day, if despite people warning abt CSR, you still decide that its a place good enough and worth it in your opinion, please go ahead and buy it for investment or stay in it.

In fact, I can even intro to you my friend's 4 bedder unit as his family now regrets staying here but can't sell it since its below his purchase px of $850 psf. Maybe you want to offer him above $850 psf (since you rate CSR similiar to East Coast properties) since you have so much confidence in CSR. Interested??

He used to stay at East Coast sea facing 5rm flats, he now regrets staying in CSR. Even his neighbour, a european expat who rented a unit has decided to break lease after 6 mths. In his own words `area is not condusive for my family.' There are better areas to choose from.
    IF he's buying, I am sure he will be looking to pay the current market price or below.. who cares if your 'friend' overpaid for his 4th bedder?

Oh, and by the way, the first CSR owner collected keys in end Dec 08, so there's no way a 'European expat' family could have stayed there for 6 months since its only end March 09 now, even if they rented the unit from day 1 (without electricity, lights, curtains, etc.)

Point is, want to slam project also get your facts correct lah. If not, credibility goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by BV
    IF he's buying, I am sure he will be looking to pay the current market price or below.. who cares if your 'friend' overpaid for his 4th bedder?

Oh, and by the way, the first CSR owner collected keys in end Dec 08, so there's no way a 'European expat' family could have stayed there for 6 months since its only end March 09 now, even if they rented the unit from day 1 (without electricity, lights, curtains, etc.)

Point is, want to slam project also get your facts correct lah. If not, credibility goes down.
    I think wat hp65 was saying is that expat will leave after 6 mthsnof staying in CSR and not that he has stayed for 6 mths. And I also think hp65 was just challenging nav14 to buy at higher px since he thinks so 'highly' of csr. Guess u may have some comprehension issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Farnie
    I think wat hp65 was saying is that expat will leave after 6 mthsnof staying in CSR and not that he has stayed for 6 mths. And I also think hp65 was just challenging nav14 to buy at higher px since he thinks so 'highly' of csr. Guess u may have some comprehension issue.
    Bro, I was just telling him that buyers don't have to be as stupid as his friend and buy it at the same price to prove a point. Comprehend?

Oh, and do you know how tenancy agreements work? 6 months? Let's hear it from the man himself about that

Quote Originally Posted by BV
    Bro, I was just telling him that buyers don't have to be as stupid as his friend and buy it at the same price to prove a point. Comprehend?

Oh, and do you know how tenancy agreements work? 6 months? Let's hear it from the man himself about that
    Thx Farnie. Yes, that's what I meant. Some people are quite stupid and can't understand and quite quick to jump to conclusion. While I wouldn't call somebody who overpaid for a development `stupid', I certainly think somebody who jumps to conclusion and unable to appreciate sarcasm non-the-wiser, possessing below-ave EQ and probably `stupid', in laymans term.

The expat neighbour just moved in 2 weeks ago and has a 6+6 mths tenancy agreement apparently. He intends to just stay 6 mths and not exercise the option for the following 6 mths as he is quite confident he will get better deals elsewhere. He feels its payback time now for those greedy landlords who has squeezed them before when supply was tight. Fair & square, he thinks.

Like I said, some people (incl my friend) just refuses to listen to advice and warnings, and have to pay for their mistakes. At the end of the day, its their own $. I will not sink a single cent here for sure.

Perhaps - could it be your england is too powderful? Mind you - he did not even start questioning if u have the $ to buy a condo in the 1st place!! Ooops.. but words are free.. of cos

Thx Farnie. Yes, that's what I meant. Some people are quite stupid and can't understand and quite quick to jump to conclusion. While I wouldn't call somebody who overpaid for a development `stupid', I certainly think somebody who jumps to conclusion and unable to appreciate sarcasm non-the-wiser, possessing below-ave EQ and probably `stupid', in laymans term.

The expat neighbour just moved in 2 weeks ago and has a 6+6 mths tenancy agreement apparently. He intends to just stay 6 mths and not exercise the option for the following 6 mths as he is quite confident he will get better deals elsewhere. He feels its payback time now for those greedy landlords who has squeezed them before when supply was tight. Fair & square, he thinks.

Like I said, some people (incl my friend) just refuses to listen to advice and warnings, and have to pay for their mistakes. At the end of the day, its their own $. I will not sink a single cent here for sure.

Don't worry bro, i understand what u meant completely

Hi HP65, I also understand what you talking about precisely. To be fair, do not know why some forumers here do not understand simple English.....and twisting words here and there (act blur)....must be have vested interest. What you said quite good, as it gives other potential investor or buyers another perspective. Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80
    Hi HP65, I also understand what you talking about precisely. To be fair, do not know why some forumers here do not understand simple English.....and twisting words here and there (act blur)....must be have vested interest. What you said quite good, as it gives other potential investor or buyers another perspective. Well said!
    Hi all,

thx for speaking kindly. At the end of the day, we are just here to share as much info so that more people can benefit and made informed choices. When I was younger, I did not have the benefit of the internet and transparent information is a great luxury. I had to rely on honest agents to get the best units and the best price.

However, we now have `marketing' agents who likes to `sell' all projects as lifestyle, often masking flaws with lifestyle attraction. While I wouldnt go so far as call it dishonest, I feel buyers may get disappointed when they see the end-product. As such, we must utilise the modern media like the internet to counter such practices.

In defence of CSR, all the negative points it has are already priced in. If it wasn't for the unhealthy surroundings, it would have been much more expensive.

So a savvy investor can still buy if the price is right. I am sure when it falls in 6-700$psf range, more people will be willing to buy. Can always find those bachelors/students who share to rent out.

But obviously I wont be one of them

Wow, seems like a lot of CSR haters here..

Frankly, I don't really care either way since I am currently looking in other areas for good deals. Just can't stand the taunts that some other posters get once they post something positive about a project. This of course happens in threads about other projects as well. Goes to show what some would be buyers would do to justify their own choices or opinions.

Well, that's life in all anonymous forums

Hi all,

thx for speaking kindly. At the end of the day, we are just here to share as much info so that more people can benefit and made informed choices. When I was younger, I did not have the benefit of the internet and transparent information is a great luxury. I had to rely on honest agents to get the best units and the best price.

However, we now have `marketing' agents who likes to `sell' all projects as lifestyle, often masking flaws with lifestyle attraction. While I wouldnt go so far as call it dishonest, I feel buyers may get disappointed when they see the end-product. As such, we must utilise the modern media like the internet to counter such practices.
    What sort of lifestyle are the agents talking about in CSR?

Nice and relaxing ambiance on the inside (huge pool with a jaccuzi, and I like the rain shower stall located at the steam room). But step outside just one bit and you will encounter hordes of head shakers intermittently twitching from left to right... emitting all sorts of unearthly aromas from their bodies. Or do you mean the hookers masquerading as masseurs plying their trade in the massage parlours sited just a couple of metres away on the opposite side of the road of CSR? Or do you mean the stampeding masses of foreign workers sited all around the area? Who knows...some ladies may encounter straying hands and lewd comments due to the promixity to a well known red light area in the vicinity.

Traffic is choke blocked most of the time, esp at night, and the MRT is still quite a walk away (but to be fair, still manageable although you will arrive at the condo sweaty and perplexed)

Wow... OKT, you have painted a very undesirable living environment. :P

Just offering my 2 cents worth here. I think the rental for a certain area very much depends on the kind of appeal it brings to the foreign expat. Although Citysquare is considerably near town, not every expat who works in town would want to live near town as they seek to have a balanced lifestyle of relaxation and work. My friend rented out his 3 bdrm Hillview condo for 4k a month to a German expat even though it is damn far from town and has not much amenities and no MRT station nearby. You may ask why, it is for the simple reason that the place is peaceful and serene and offers a lifestyle more befitting for a family. This is also a reason why condos in Potong Pasir and Boon Keng area will very soon surpass Citysquare when they start to develop. Prices in those areas have seen $900 to $1000psf for the reason that there is more development to expect from these areas in years to come. The rental of an area also depends on the type of crowd the place attracts. If a condo is surrounded by loads of blue collar foreign workers from China, Bangladesh and India (no offence to them), would a professional foreign expat be willing to pay good rental to landlords or even consider renting from such places?

My friend rented out his place to "high class" banglas for 3.3k

you are right, got a few high class banglas around city square, but place mostly swamped by the opposite who go there for prata, chapati and teh tarik every day. btw is the 3.3k rent for 2 or 3 bedder?

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    My friend rented out his place to "high class" banglas for 3.3k

Quote Originally Posted by franzmark
    you are right, got a few high class banglas around city square, but place mostly swamped by the opposite who go there for prata, chapati and teh tarik every day. btw is the 3.3k rent for 2 or 3 bedder?
    3 bedder. 2 bedders go for only about 2.7k

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Wow... OKT, you have painted a very undesirable living environment. :P
    Sad but true

wah lau, if 2 bedder at citysquare going for 2.7k, then woodsville 28 and all the potong pasir condo must be lower. but again mkt surely pick up for singapore....

3 bedder. 2 bedders go for only about 2.7k
    wow, 2.7k can match hdb rental riao ...

just went there to recce. To better observed the place, decided to try the Beach Road scissors-cut currey rice and have my soyabean milk.

Dun think the FT and their smell will be too much of a problem for me (IMHO) as its a certain distance away from Serangoon road, nor the sleazy pub.

A big turn off is the traffic, really really chaotic. People parking at the side with hazzard light on and cars at the back all jam up, honk here and there.

the mall is not open yet, wonder where the entrance will be but imagine its at Kitchener Road!!!!!. Even more jam by there.

Also, if there's really a cinema there, what show will the be showing. Is it going to be show for our FT as that's going to be the one that goining to get the best demand from?

Also, the walk from CSR to Farrer MRT to DG MRT to transfer to NE line is damn time consuming. Really a long walk from CSR to the MRT.

2 cents worth.

I thought CRS to FP MRT only a few minutes walk?

I don't like Kitchener road area as you mentioned, it is chaotic. I think condos in boon keng area or even potong pasir would be a more comfortable distance away from the nighmare.

2 week back, i was heading to a chinese restaurant along kitchener road and had to cut through a lane in little india to get there. the entire lane was swamped with foreign workers and indians and as they did not give way to my car, i felt like i was anytime going to be mobbed. both my side mirrors were pushed in deliberately by some workers walking by but i did not dare step out of the car to confront the people. in my opinion, the area is not safe to for families....

Quote Originally Posted by blackswan
    just went there to recce. To better observed the place, decided to try the Beach Road scissors-cut currey rice and have my soyabean milk.

Dun think the FT and their smell will be too much of a problem for me (IMHO) as its a certain distance away from Serangoon road, nor the sleazy pub.

A big turn off is the traffic, really really chaotic. People parking at the side with hazzard light on and cars at the back all jam up, honk here and there.

the mall is not open yet, wonder where the entrance will be but imagine its at Kitchener Road!!!!!. Even more jam by there.

Also, if there's really a cinema there, what show will the be showing. Is it going to be show for our FT as that's going to be the one that goining to get the best demand from?

Also, the walk from CSR to Farrer MRT to DG MRT to transfer to NE line is damn time consuming. Really a long walk from CSR to the MRT.

2 cents worth.

not more than 10 min (i think) but surely not couple of minutes.
    For now, you have to walk pass the under construction CSM, then cross the traffic light, then walk to your right to enter via entrance H (i think), then need to walk along the long underpass to reach the gates....

Next time there will be a now entrance that leads directly to CSM so dun know how much that will help.

You have to walk alongside the upcoming mall currently with lots of construction work going on.... hot, noisy and lots of dirt flying about

Does anyone know the estimated physical distance between CSR and FP MRT? I am quite surprised when i hear that one needs about 10 min to walk there...

Does anyone know the estimated physical distance between CSR and FP MRT? I am quite surprised when i hear that one needs about 10 min to walk there...
    About 10 mins to 12 mins is about right

10 min translates to about 800m away but www.streetdb.com indicate it as 610m. Either distances, I am surprised the MRT is actually that far...

About 10 mins to 12 mins is about right

10 min translates to about 800m away but www.streetdb.com indicate it as 610m. Either distances, I am surprised the MRT is actually that far...
    Maybe becos one has to wait at the junction for the traffic lights to turn green.

Quote Originally Posted by blackswan
    not more than 10 min (i think) but surely not couple of minutes.
    For now, you have to walk pass the under construction CSM, then cross the traffic light, then walk to your right to enter via entrance H (i think), then need to walk along the long underpass to reach the gates....

Next time there will be a now entrance that leads directly to CSM so dun know how much that will help.
    If you think walking fr CSR to MRT station and to the gate is such a looong walk, then u better think which station u alight, walk out of the train, tap the card , escalator then to yr destination....etc...etc.

Stay at home don go out la...