Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bashing of new launches

Default Bashing of new launches

Was just wondering any new launch from last time 3 years till now never tio bash jia luk jia luk and fellow bros/sis here say till damn good must get one.

So far the new launches threads i see sure tio ham thum damn jai luk.

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    Was just wondering any new launch from last time 3 years till now never tio bash jia luk jia luk and fellow bros/sis here say till damn good must get one.

Every new launches sure got ppl comment might as well buy resale nrby or even hdb!

I tink versalia on haig n recent waterview quite positive thread lor... No bashing

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Every new launches sure got ppl comment might as well buy resale nrby or even hdb!

I tink versalia on haig n recent waterview quite positive thread lor... No bashing
    entire waterview thread is almost all owners, who will bash themselves up? i thought 8cy thread was not bad.. neutral and window shopping forumers also say prices reasonable..

hantam other ppl then shiok mah

Not true. I spoke positively of Caspian when it was launched. I thought the pricing was reasonable.

no one's bashed esparina, terrasse, clover, minton bashers also getting less (their biggest challenge being the number of units).

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    no one's bashed esparina, terrasse, clover, minton bashers also getting less (their biggest challenge being the number of units).
    I bash abit on terrasse fortheir high pricing n smallish layout....minton i aso bash abit on their layout efficiency...

terrasse kena bashed left right centre.. it should be no one fail to bash it..

Quote Originally Posted by linchong84
    terrasse kena bashed left right centre.. it should be no one fail to bash it..
    i think the ones that got the most were the launches in the past 6 months.

the rest felt more like a bit of critique, don't feel forceful enough to be called bashing.

i think the ones that got the most were the launches in the past 6 months.

the rest felt more like a bit of critique, don't feel forceful enough to be called bashing.
    Cos this last 6 months saw launches of mostly non-MRT OCR projects, ie the bottom of the packing order.. But their prices are wow wow wow.. Wow until we find 8cy cheap hahaha..

Quote Originally Posted by linchong84
    Cos this last 6 months saw launches of mostly non-MRT OCR projects, ie the bottom of the packing order.. But their prices are wow wow wow.. Wow until we find 8cy cheap hahaha..
    i didn't think 8cy was anything to shout about but yes, the other recent launches have made it look better.

i didn't think 8cy was anything to shout about but yes, the other recent launches have made it look better.
    Its the best performing ocr project after cm4 wif 90% sold oredi

All of us r surprised feo actually priced from 750psf....we all were speculating from 850psf

hahah i also bash skyline residence about the rentless traffic noise for the highway! visited the showroom today, found the finishing to be pretty good with nice layouts. The 4-bedders super huge balcony n planter together with living space looks damn huge n shiok. I found this proj to be very nice, but couldnt get over the noise from the highway

Think the recent launches pricing are making new heights, YET there are still takers. Defy all logics !!!

When Balestier condos were being bashed by forumers left and right because of the lousy roads and potentially red light, etc, forumers quickly found a nearby neighbor to bash jia lak jia lak. Thnk this new neighbor goes by the name of Thomson Grand or something!

hahah i also bash skyline residence about the rentless traffic noise for the highway! visited the showroom today, found the finishing to be pretty good with nice layouts. The 4-bedders super huge balcony n planter together with living space looks damn huge n shiok. I found this proj to be very nice, but couldnt get over the noise from the highway

Think the recent launches pricing are making new heights, YET there are still takers. Defy all logics !!!
    Lemmings are everywhere

Because some of the land bid prices defy logic.

Because some of the land bid prices defy logic.
    Yes true....agt at tg using capland Land bid px of 8xxpsf to justify their own px tag

Unfortunately we all fail to point out one problem... why must we assume developers always get their pricing correct? why cannot be the case that developers over estimate the demand and bid too high for the land?

Everybody just suck thumb agree that no choice the price is like that because develper paid xxx psf for land...

When downturn comes... it's the buyers who will be stuck with units bought at peak prices which might never recover to their original high, (just ask those who bought before asian financial crisis) while developer would be busy grabing new land parcels at discounted prices again... (using money you have paid them in the last few years for the over priced condos)

true that post asian financial crisis, the asian govts are smarted and probably will avoid such a prolonged down turn in the future... but who knows???

i just think that buying new launches and higher and higher prices just because newland bids are higher and higher doesn't make sense... there will be times that value runs ahead of fundementals but over the long run they are more or less in line...

just hope everybody here can get out in time before the next down turn comes... hope it doesn't come anytime soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Condo Kaiser
    Unfortunately we all fail to point out one problem... why must we assume developers always get their pricing correct? why cannot be the case that developers over estimate the demand and bid too high for the land?

Everybody just suck thumb agree that no choice the price is like that because develper paid xxx psf for land...

When downturn comes... it's the buyers who will be stuck with units bought at peak prices which might never recover to their original high, (just ask those who bought before asian financial crisis) while developer would be busy grabing new land parcels at discounted prices again... (using money you have paid them in the last few years for the over priced condos)

true that post asian financial crisis, the asian govts are smarted and probably will avoid such a prolonged down turn in the future... but who knows???

i just think that buying new launches and higher and higher prices just because newland bids are higher and higher doesn't make sense... there will be times that value runs ahead of fundementals but over the long run they are more or less in line...

just hope everybody here can get out in time before the next down turn comes... hope it doesn't come anytime soon...
    Basic economics tells us bluntly that if we don't buy from developers, we may well turn to the resale market provided there are no new demands, just a simple moving from one unit to another among property owners. The unfortunate truth is demands are always rising so no choice but to bite the bullet lor... Otherwise how?

biting the bullet is one thing... standing in front of the firing squad is another... the rising demand and bullet biting you talked about applies more towards first time HDB buyers... because they have no choice to cheong now since it's the cheapest to buy from govt and wait 4 years. Resale too ex for them. although they would very much prefer to buy a decent HDB from resale market at the same price as BTO.

for condos if the real demand comes from owner occupiers... then i would think they want to buy resale or subsale which is almost TOP...

i think it's quite safe to say that people who are buying the new launches mostly have less intention for eventual occuaption... not all of them but a substential proportion of them... which is why new launches are the most popular... not because they are cheaper (they are more ex actually).. not that they are better quality... simply because it's 4 more years before TOP and once SSD lifted they want to sell for profit!!

i will even go as far as to say that a lot of them currently stay in a condo which is sitting on quite a bit of paper profit... buying another new launch thinking that "what is the worse that can happen??? if new one lose money then worse come to worse i go there stay lor... can rent out the current place.. or last resort sell one of them...." but what if cannot rent out and also cannot sell 4 years later? then stuck.........

the basis of that assumption is that property prices will continue to rise for the next 4 years... if you subscribe to it then go for it!!

Singaporeans are natural bashers lah. I only got to know this forum after buying my 2-bedder at Cube 8. After reading all the negative comments on the project in this forum regarding the traffic, noise, price, etc, I really regretted my decision. Then I read the 386 Thomson thread which was also bashed by the forumers here (but I did join in though). Seems like our words/views count little compared with the market forces

Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    Singaporeans are natural bashers lah. I only got to know this forum after buying my 2-bedder at Cube 8. After reading all the negative comments on the project in this forum regarding the traffic, noise, price, etc, I really regretted my decision. Then I read the 386 Thomson thread which was also bashed by the forumers here (but I did join in though). Seems like our words/views count little compared with the market forces
    Agree 100%. The number of forumers here probably represents less than 1% of entire investors? No impact on prices by condeming any projects.

People use the developers as a point of reference because they tend to have tthe holding power to price set. Occasionally you'll see them slashing prices but that's more the exception than the norm.

Bash oredi still buy.
    Money keep where else???

Quote Originally Posted by sfwoo
    Bash oredi still buy.
    Money keep where else???
    Money keep in condos with the lease bashing lor... or in low profile condos where forumers seldom talk about...

THis one kena bashed until sales affected??

Prices affecting Centrale 8's take-up rate
    Oh, poor Centrale 8. News of the super-high prices (remember, its $778,000, not $880,000) have caused homebuyers to stay away, it seems. So far, around 250 units out of its 708 units have been sold. Ouch.

Some buyers at the show flat said that they made the trip there to see if prices have dropped, while others are simply not willing for fork out many hundreds of thousands for a Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) flat. Admittedly, the location of Centrale 8 is pretty good. But we wouldn’t pay $700k plus for a DBSS flat, either.

Anyhow, experts are pretty surprised at the low take-up rate, since show flats are usually packed when they launch. But the launch of Centrale 8 seems to have left many cold.

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver

Oh, poor Centrale 8. News of the super-high prices (remember, its $778,000, not $880,000) have caused homebuyers to stay away, it seems. So far, around 250 units out of its 708 units have been sold. Ouch.

Some buyers at the show flat said that they made the trip there to see if prices have dropped, while others are simply not willing for fork out many hundreds of thousands for a Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) flat. Admittedly, the location of Centrale 8 is pretty good. But we wouldn’t pay $700k plus for a DBSS flat, either.

Anyhow, experts are pretty surprised at the low take-up rate, since show flats are usually packed when they launch. But the launch of Centrale 8 seems to have left many cold.

This one special.. This one bashed by minister.. Just like play games like that.. Many hits from us small-timers are barely scratches.. But one hit from the big boss can create one-hit kill..

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver

"YOU KANNA BASHED!"

Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    Cube 8 seems like such a good buy now...low floor 1 bedder was only 740k++ The lowest quantum among the 3 cdl projects.
    Somemore their website got groovy music, i like haa haa.
    http://www.cdl.com.sg/cube8/

i think not only centrale 8 kana poor sales... even the new EC at bt panjang also not doing well i think... read a report say first weekend never sell much...

big boss one hit kill ripple effect??