Thread: Resale Condo Purchase

Default Resale Condo Purchase

Has anyone ever come over previous owner taking away the cabinets' drawers (sitting on four pedestrals and movable). However, these items were part of the "built-in wardrobe" system provided by the developer since the beginning. Previously owners were given 2 mths free stay before handing over to me now. Any advise on where i have the right to demand back the sets of drawers which were recorded on the inventory list as "built-in wardrobe"?

Quote Originally Posted by showa8
    Has anyone ever come over previous owner taking away the cabinets' drawers (sitting on four pedestrals and movable). However, these items were part of the "built-in wardrobe" system provided by the developer since the beginning. Previously owners were given 2 mths free stay before handing over to me now. Any advise on where i have the right to demand back the sets of drawers which were recorded on the inventory list as "built-in wardrobe"?
    dont you have their contact ?
    number ?
    office ?

same them here?

Wah... that's very CK of them, took 2 mths free stay and still want to take away stuff.

They have misinterpreted built-in as requiring every item to be screwed onto a part of the house. The drawers are a component of a built in furniture and should not be removed. The form and function of the built-in wardrobe has been altered as a result of the removal. This as good as removing the built-in wardrobe itself bcoz the wardrobe can no longer function as it was intended.

My advice is to let your lawyer handle it, this should be covered in your sales and purchase agreement. Good Luck!

almost impossible to get it back from them. you can try asking and if it does not work, then find out where they work and shame them in front of their bosses. . nowadays everyone is not afraid of anything except shame...

ha ha sorry to hear that 99% confirmed is done by SINGAPOREAN...kiasu..kiasi... ...i may be wrong but just
    got a feeling...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    ha ha sorry to hear that 99% confirmed is done by SINGAPOREAN...kiasu..kiasi... ...i may be wrong but just
    got a feeling...
    I encountered people who dismantled cylindrical lock sets from doors, energy saving bulbs from light fixtures...if they could carry them, the timber doors would have been removed, too.

Not worth the time, effort and money to chase for them.

Just buy the pedestal of drawers to replace and move on.

Ask your lawyer send a letter to their lawyer stating the shortfall in the list of inventory when you take over the house.
    Quote Originally Posted by mkl22
    almost impossible to get it back from them. you can try asking and if it does not work, then find out where they work and shame them in front of their bosses. . nowadays everyone is not afraid of anything except shame...

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Ask your lawyer send a letter to their lawyer stating the shortfall in the list of inventory when you take over the house.
    Provided the lawyer is willing to do for you foc since the cost of recovering those drawers is really not worth the additional lawyer fee... actually should be able to get back from them but if they have the cheek to take the drawers, they probably also have the cheek to say I'm not returning...

Getting your lawyers to call their lawyers to get the drawers back should not incur any additional legal costs. This is enforcement of the sales contract which the lawyers are obliged to do. The handover is deemed incomplete as the contract is not fulfilled.

In most cases, a simple lawyer's phonecall will jolt them to their senses. If they are sensible, the idea of a lawsuit over the drawers will also weigh in on them as they will on you too. Their lawyers should be able to convince them to do the right thing. If they still refuse, your lawyers can advise you on your options (some of which may incur some costs), you then decide how to proceed.

The problem nowadays is that people no longer have a relationship with their lawyers. It is some clerk handling all the paperwork. Many have no idea what their lawyer looks like. And then when something props up, they feel very intimidated to approach their lawyers to solve their problems.

Just my thoughts

It's part of the contract with the lawyer as it is not complete as seller has breach the contract. My lawyer has assisted me in the request from the developer to refund part of the property tax as I have collected my unit 5 weeks after the stipulated TOP date. He made the claims for w/o a fee as it is part of they duty to fulfill his duty.
    Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Getting your lawyers to call their lawyers to get the drawers back should not incur any additional legal costs. This is enforcement of the sales contract which the lawyers are obliged to do. The handover is deemed incomplete as the contract is not fulfilled.

In most cases, a simple lawyer's phonecall will jolt them to their senses. If they are sensible, the idea of a lawsuit over the drawers will also weigh in on them as they will on you too. Their lawyers should be able to convince them to do the right thing. If they still refuse, your lawyers can advise you on your options (some of which may incur some costs), you then decide how to proceed.

The problem nowadays is that people no longer have a relationship with their lawyers. It is some clerk handling all the paperwork. Many have no idea what their lawyer looks like. And then when something props up, they feel very intimidated to approach their lawyers to solve their problems.

Just my thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    It's part of the contract with the lawyer as it is not complete as seller has breach the contract. My lawyer has assisted me in the request from the developer to refund part of the property tax as I have collected my unit 5 weeks after the stipulated TOP date. He made the claims for w/o a fee as it is part of they duty to fulfill his duty.
    You lost more than property tax for that 5 weeks delay. But I guess the other losses are hard to quantify so just be compensated with the property tax is good enough...

Personally I don't think it's worth the trouble. Just get another set of drawers. do you really want to go through that trouble for such an item? That people had already used for putting their underwear, socks or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Personally I don't think it's worth the trouble. Just get another set of drawers. do you really want to go through that trouble for such an item? That people had already used for putting their underwear, socks or whatever.
    We speak as third parties but if you are involved directly, it is more than just the hassle. Its a matter of principle. Nobody enjoys being deceived by such lousy tenants. After being so nice to them only to be reciprocated with garbage is something I probably would struggle to take it sitting down...

hmmm, windows could also be unscrewed and removed if i am not wrong..haha

anyway, they took the drawers and pedestral, the entire set

Quote Originally Posted by sfwoo
    I encountered people who dismantled cylindrical lock sets from doors, energy saving bulbs from light fixtures...if they could carry them, the timber doors would have been removed, too.

Not worth the time, effort and money to chase for them.

Just buy the pedestal of drawers to replace and move on.

I think u are right!!! Their names are with Hanyu PinYing in the transfer documents. If i am not wrong, Malaysians dun have.

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    got a feeling...

exactly, super CK!!! btw, they also pried out the drilled in blinds c/w tracks in all the toilets, leaving behind unsightly holes. If I am not wrong, blinds are part of immovable fixture right? All curtains were removed too...

Wah... that's very CK of them, took 2 mths free stay and still want to take away stuff.

They have misinterpreted built-in as requiring every item to be screwed onto a part of the house. The drawers are a component of a built in furniture and should not be removed. The form and function of the built-in wardrobe has been altered as a result of the removal. This as good as removing the built-in wardrobe itself bcoz the wardrobe can no longer function as it was intended.

My advice is to let your lawyer handle it, this should be covered in your sales and purchase agreement. Good Luck!

Can try the Small Claims Tribunal.

feel like displaying their names and shaming them here!!! haha...wat u think fren?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    dont you have their contact ?
    number ?
    office ?

actually u are right, legal procedure has become a very SOP part of the entire process, most do us do not have a close relationship with our lawyers. The idea of legal proceeding against them will hopefully jolt them to their senses...

Just my thoughts

Even if it means forking out few k just to get back my few hundred bucks drawers also worth it. It's a matter of principle and pride and I also wanna create some hassle for them.....wonder who else can have the cheek to do such shameful act?

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    We speak as third parties but if you are involved directly, it is more than just the hassle. Its a matter of principle. Nobody enjoys being deceived by such lousy tenants. After being so nice to them only to be reciprocated with garbage is something I probably would struggle to take it sitting down...

exactly, super CK!!! btw, they also pried out the drilled in blinds c/w tracks in all the toilets, leaving behind unsightly holes. If I am not wrong, blinds are part of immovable fixture right? All curtains were removed too...
    Actually there is a clause or something in the contract that if you buy over a unit, you buy as it is for resale (not from developers) so unless the building is deemed unlivable or they are deliberately concealing some things from you regarding defects, leakage, etc, then lawyer got more grounds to fight for you. I was told by my previous lawyers some years back when the unit I bought got problem but its not worth doing anything about it for that additional cost involved. Either I take it or leave it... or was my lawyer taking the easy way out then???
    Last edited by ysyap; 15-07-11 at 06:49.

How abt CASE?

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Can try the Small Claims Tribunal.

I think u are right!!! Their names are with Hanyu PinYing in the transfer documents. If i am not wrong, Malaysians dun have.
    If surname also in Hanyu Pinying and the couple don't look like born during 80s.
    Then they are from China.

Singaporean only those born during mid 80s , name include surname is in Hanyu Pinying by law.
    After that , it is a opinion for the parent.. whether they want they new born child to had all Hanyu PinYing or half half.

Like PM Lee, his 2nd and 3rd son , surname is Li while his 1st dau and 1st son, surname is Lee