Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: selling price vs age of condo

99 years is a very long time. Many things can happen to the property market during that time. Nothing is certain and nothing lasts forever. So why pay a premium when you don't even know what is going to happen next year?

It depends on what are the reason(s) for buying a LH999/FH as compared to LH99 besides just for own stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    99 years is a very long time. Many things can happen to the property market during that time. Nothing is certain and nothing lasts forever. So why pay a premium when you don't even know what is going to happen next year?

So, Trevose (99) vs Equatorial (FH)?
    Both are near to upcoming Stevens MRT. Trevose is in a quieter location... but you can still see the premium that Equatorial commands...

Also, i like Amaryllis Ville on Newton Rd. Proximity to United Sq, MRTs, Newton Hawker and schools are way more plus than the 99LH drawback if you compared to equivalent NewtonOne of Res@Evelyn. Price gap is like $500psf

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    It depends on what are the reason(s) for buying a LH999/FH as compared to LH99 besides just for own stay.
    For rental, always choose the one with the highest rental yield along with the highest potential for price appreciation.

Ya I am aware of that condo. Have to prove that building is in good health and fits into the town's overall plan to get approval, so not easy I admit. That being said, if majority of 99yr leasehold condos in singapore one days becomes 40-50 years, I do not think the govt will still be so hard-nosed about it and they may exercise flexibility. Our govt i believe will pass new laws to adapt to changing times. En blocking may not be the solution for all condos due to limitation in plot ratio and the govt has to look at this on a case to case basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    Recently there was a try by a condo, and was turned down by the GOvt for the lease top up. This condo SP are the rich.

But majority of the 99LH SP are not rich to top up the lease. Also the buildings are too old then.

Enbloc may not be the way forward if government is going for sustainability. The amount of embodied energy that is used in the construction of the new building is a lot and it should last for more than 50years. They may deter enbloc in future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Ya I am aware of that condo. Have to prove that building is in good health and fits into the town's overall plan to get approval, so not easy I admit. That being said, if majority of 99yr leasehold condos in singapore one days becomes 40-50 years, I do not think the govt will still be so hard-nosed about it and they may exercise flexibility. Our govt i believe will pass new laws to adapt to changing times. En blocking may not be the solution for all condos due to limitation in plot ratio and the govt has to look at this on a case to case basis.

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    So, Trevose (99) vs Equatorial (FH)?
    Both are near to upcoming Stevens MRT. Trevose is in a quieter location... but you can still see the premium that Equatorial commands...

Also, i like Amaryllis Ville on Newton Rd. Proximity to United Sq, MRTs, Newton Hawker and schools are way more plus than the 99LH drawback if you compared to equivalent NewtonOne of Res@Evelyn. Price gap is like $500psf
    The price gap is going to get wider as Amaryllis Ville ages. It's ok if you're going to die in it and if there's no one to pass it onto....

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    The price gap is going to get wider as Amaryllis Ville ages. It's ok if you're going to die in it and if there's no one to pass it onto....
    So far, is there any real example of widening gap between similar age FH & LH condos, like when new was $200psf and now $800psf gap or something? I compare Avon Park(FH) and Chuan Park (99 yr). Chuan Park about 6 years older, but psf about the same as Avon. Both next to MRT, one MRT stop to Nex, near International schools and enbloc potential. Any reason why their selling psf are the same?

So far, is there any real example of widening gap between similar age FH & LH condos, like when new was $200psf and now $800psf gap or something? I compare Avon Park(FH) and Chuan Park (99 yr). Chuan Park about 6 years older, but psf about the same as Avon. Both next to MRT, one MRT stop to Nex, near International schools and enbloc potential. Any reason why their selling psf are the same?
    try Horizon towers (completed 84) and Leonie Towers (completed 75). 1100sqft vs 1700sqft. Clear enough?

Smile

try Horizon towers (completed 84) and Leonie Towers (completed 75). 1100sqft vs 1700sqft. Clear enough?
    Leonie tat one not representative, probably penthouse. The gap more like $300psf.

Leonie tat one not representative, probably penthouse. The gap more like $300psf.
    don't know....

I miss street sine...

Also can compare with yong ann park... but chart on prop guru looks even more weird.... from 1200+ to $1800/sqft

Smile

don't know....

I miss street sine...

Also can compare with yong ann park... but chart on prop guru looks even more weird.... from 1200+ to $1800/sqft
    Ya, me too. URA should make data more transparent. After all, individual unit's caveat are already available but must pay for it. Buyers can then make better informed choices which will help stabilize the market. Dubai had no market info whatsoever. That's why the property market there in boom times was extremely erratic.

The trevose(built in 2001) vs Trevose park(built in 1991)

there are some websites that can provide clear transparent caveats, although maybe delayed a month..

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    there are some websites that can provide clear transparent caveats, although maybe delayed a month..
    where? tell tell tell ....

This should be the most accurate http://www.ura.gov.sg/real_estate/main.jsp

Quote Originally Posted by evergreen
    This should be the most accurate http://www.ura.gov.sg/real_estate/main.jsp
    It's accurate, but doesn't give unit numbers. How to compared without knowing level, orientation?

I also use http://www.propertyvizion.com/ . Unit number is displayed to registered members.

Quote Originally Posted by evergreen
    I also use http://www.propertyvizion.com/ . Unit number is displayed to registered members.
    Thanks for the tip.