Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Private home sales in June drop 25% on-month

Junior

User Info Menu

Default Private home sales in June drop 25% on-month

Private home sales in June drop 25% on-month
    By Linette Lim | Posted: 15 July 2011 1340 hrs

SINGAPORE: Sales of private homes fell 25 per cent in June from a month earlier, according to data released on Friday by the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA).

A total of 1,182 private residential units were sold last month, down from 1,575 units in May.

Private homes in the Outside Central Region (OCR) accounted for 833 of the units sold in June, compared with 227 units in the Rest of Central Region (RCR) and 122 units in the Core Central Region (CCR).

Including Executive Condominiums (ECs), the total sales in June would have been higher, at 1,394 units.

The most expensive property sold in June was Le Nouvel Ardmore at Ardmore Park, where a unit was sold at a median price of S$4,362 per square foot.

Chalking up the best sales was Woodhaven at Woodgrove Avenue, which sold 155 units at a median price of S$981 per square foot.

The best selling EC was Belysa at Pasir Ris Drive 1, which sold 153 units at a median price of S$700 per square foot.

- CNA/al
    [CENTER][COLOR=#804000][B]BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @ [URL="http://www.eightwoodleigh.freeforums.org/index.php"][/URL][/B][/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Senior

User Info Menu

This will at least ensure that even if there's CM5, it'll not be targetted at buyers.

Junior

User Info Menu

Confirm no cm5

Senior

User Info Menu

Yah, the effects of CM4 are showing. Most probably no CM5 because it is not their plan to crash the property market.

Prices will remain stable for a while now.

Senior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Yah, the effects of CM4 are showing. Most probably no CM5 because it is not their plan to crash the property market.

Prices will remain stable for a while now.
    Now? Hopefully because even May's sales volume dipped too but the prices appeared (and so I perceived) to be climbing. The climb probably persisted well into June. Will this trend of falling volume and rising prices carry on or am I perceiving wrongly?

Senior

User Info Menu

This could be general trend but it may not apply to some locations. I was offered a much higher price for my units recently. It is still location, location and location!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Now? Hopefully because even May's sales volume dipped too but the prices appeared (and so I perceived) to be climbing. The climb probably persisted well into June. Will this trend of falling volume and rising prices carry on or am I perceiving wrongly?

I sell Cheese Pie

User Info Menu

seow liao

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    I think otherwise. Falling sales means less buyers meeting sellers asking price. Thus in the following month, if buyers still want sales they may need to lower
    The asking price. Logically it seems so.

Go for Smallest Unit

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    seow liao
    Haha...

Shooting time....

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mogyi
    I think otherwise. Falling sales means less buyers meeting sellers asking price. Thus in the following month, if buyers still want sales they may need to lower
    The asking price. Logically it seems so.
    Not really.. since 2009 till now.. there were various months of low volume.. but the price just keep climbing..

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast