Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CCR vs RCR vs OCR

Default CCR vs RCR vs OCR

Q211 update

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...142397/1/.html

*Private home prices in Singapore rose at a slower pace of 2 per cent in the second quarter,

Non-landed
    prime city area, or core central region, up 1.6 per cent.

city fringe areas, or rest of central region, up 1.1 per cent

Suburban areas, or outside central region, up 1.7 per cent.

There was a total of 71,111 uncompleted private homes at the end of the second quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadey
    Q211 update

*Private home prices in Singapore rose at a slower pace of 2 per cent in the second quarter,

Non-landed

There was a total of 71,111 uncompleted private homes at the end of the second quarter.

it will be more informative if we know how many of these 71,111 units are studio, 2 bedder, 3 bedder and 4 bedder units

Quote Originally Posted by windcar
    it will be more informative if we know how many of these 71,111 units are studio, 2 bedder, 3 bedder and 4 bedder units
    taken from BT

out of the 71,111 units, 33,899 units remained unsold as at Q2 2011. The unsold units comprised 10,309 units in CCR, 7,610 units in RCR and 15,980 units in OCR

Q211 update

Non-landed

I am thinking, the %age rise in suburban areas is higher than the rest, is it due to the lower $psf + smaller floor area which make it more affordable.
    I think this is the group of people who wish to stay in the pte ppty but have budget constraint and this group of people contributes the most.

CCR in my opinion is meant for quite well-off group of people because of its higher $psf + big floor area.

RCR is squeezed in between CCR and OCR, which $psf price is higher than OCR but lower than CCR. RCR is for another group of people where they might also have slight budget constraint but due to its location, they might be willing to foot out slightly more to stay in RCR than OCR.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    I am thinking, the %age rise in suburban areas is higher than the rest, is it due to the lower $psf + smaller floor area which make it more affordable.
    I think this is the group of people who wish to stay in the pte ppty but have budget constraint and this group of people contributes the most.

CCR in my opinion is meant for quite well-off group of people because of its higher $psf + big floor area.

RCR is squeezed in between CCR and OCR, which $psf price is higher than OCR but lower than CCR. RCR is for another group of people where they might also have slight budget constraint but due to its location, they might be willing to foot out slightly more to stay in RCR than OCR.
    As an investor myself, i m holding more rcr now....reason bcoz higher rental yield den ccr n watever r goes up, rcr surely tag along

You are so wrong. The average size of the units sold by developers is the largest in OCR. CCR (esp CBD) and RCR (Balestier, Geylang, East Coast) are the ones with smaller units. We're talking about new sales. Don't believe the analysts. The OCR launches are still targeted at families with mixture of 3/4 bedders, 2 bedders and some one bedder.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    You are so wrong. The average size of the units sold by developers is the largest in OCR. CCR (esp CBD) and RCR (Balestier, Geylang, East Coast) are the ones with smaller units. We're talking about new sales. Don't believe the analysts. The OCR launches are still targeted at families with mixture of 3/4 bedders, 2 bedders and some one bedder.
    Yes that is correct. The recent launches in CCR are a mixture of MMs and 2BRs at most, while majority of units in OCR are generously-sized along with 15-20% for 1 bedders (which are usually snapped up first due to affordability)

The ratio of MMs to normal units is highest in CCR now

I still prefer developments near city fringe as compared to OCR for rental. It is a more prefer choice for new foreign talents.
    Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    As an investor myself, i m holding more rcr now....reason bcoz higher rental yield den ccr n watever r goes up, rcr surely tag along

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Average size of a CCR 3bd new sale is larger than OCR 3bd new sale.

U compare a MM in CCR to a 3bd in OCR ? U have to compare apple to apple.

irisng's point is valid. OCR psf running high comes with a shrinking size. overall quantum for this segment does not move much. The "price" of a unit does not move much , even though the psf is headline grabbing.

Quote Originally Posted by amk

irisng's point is valid. OCR psf running high comes with a shrinking size. overall quantum for this segment does not move much. The "price" of a unit does not move much , even though the psf is headline grabbing.
    Just a handful units.... Majority is the realistic pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by amk

I think the 60% LTV rule has pretty much changed the way developers design their project regardless if it is CCR RCR or OCR. It seems like those units that really sell right now are those between $1-1.5m for OCR, and $1.5 to $2m for CCR.

e.g. Average unit size of 330 units of D'Leedon sold so far is about 900sqft. . While the average unit size of 503 units sold at Lakefront residences is about 995sqft

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

I would think that majority OCR are overpriced since >$1000 psf.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Just a handful units.... Majority is the realistic pricing.

That is why I do not know why people are still buying MM unit to make the developer rich. This is even more apparent if you see a side by side unit of MM and normal size on the same floor and view having a difference of $250psf. They should boycott and not buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    I would think that majority OCR are overpriced since >$1000 psf.
    everything in singapore is over priced, except our own ego.

I honestly think it is pretty meaningless to compare investment gain of CCR RCR ORC property. At the end of the day, all our property investment gain is not dependent on location but rather the health and diversity of overall Singapore economy.

At the moment, I think all segment of the properties are very promising, all we should hope for is that Singapore economy is developed to quickly adapt to changes

all for singapore, all for love

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    That is why I do not know why people are still buying MM unit to make the developer rich. This is even more apparent if you see a side by side unit of MM and normal size on the same floor and view having a difference of $250psf. They should boycott and not buy them.
    No choice. MM units are what these buyers can afford! Now got 360 sq ft MM. Think my pet will also find it unbearable!

MM can strive very well in large city like London, New York, Tokyo, etc. with no or limited public housing. The cost of housing/living is so high that people can only afford to rent and stay in small room. Singapore will need to be hubs of different sectors to propel the influx of foreign talents to sustain these type of housing. s to
    Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    No choice. MM units are what these buyers can afford! Now got 360 sq ft MM. Think my pet will also find it unbearable!

Q211 update

Non-landed

Don't think there is any significant different between the areas...but the bigger picture is that prices is still rising, although it has slowed down. CM does't work well to control prices, IMHO...

There is quite a lot of difference even though Singapore is quite small as compared to NY, London, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by testtest
    Don't think there is any significant different between the areas...but the bigger picture is that prices is still rising, although it has slowed down. CM does't work well to control prices, IMHO...

That's why i say go for the smallest unit. Even if wrong, smaller price to pay.

Yup, I think 360 sq ft is really too small, at least must have >450 sq ft.

Yup, I think 360 sq ft is really too small, at least must have >450 sq ft.
    I just saw a 344 sq ft on sale!

These are people who dont live in house.. they just sleep at house..
    I know many people like that...70% of the time they are outside...

Alamat, is getting smaller and smaller. I can't imagine how the layout will be like. Maybe, next time will come up with another new design, hall cum bedroom, toilet (like Genting 1st world hotel), though I haven't been there, but I heard that there is no place for you to hang your clothing, you have to come out to change your clothing. How about kitchen, where to put? Maybe a portable cooker will do.

Alamat, is getting smaller and smaller. I can't imagine how the layout will be like. Maybe, next time will come up with another new design, hall cum bedroom, toilet (like Genting 1st world hotel), though I haven't been there, but I heard that there is no place for you to hang your clothing, you have to come out to change your clothing. How about kitchen, where to put? Maybe a portable cooker will do.
    Should change the layout..just have bedroom..wardrobe and a bathroom.. most of these bachelor dont cook anyway..

That becomes a hotel guest room. The quantum might be low but they may have to pay a price for it when downturn. Just like penny stock in crisis.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockinsg
    Should change the layout..just have bedroom..wardrobe and a bathroom.. most of these bachelor dont cook anyway..

Just have a grand bedroom,more grand bathroom, lots of nice handles strategically place with bathtube for 2 with see thru glass panels with switch to select clear or opaque. Wall mount LED 60" TV hidden with BOSS cube speakers hidden in corner. Add a stylo fridge and comfy 2 seater designer seat .

Designed for the bachelor in mind.

All they need is a microwave oven.

Smile

All no need, just the bedrm. Shared common Bathrm cum toilet, cooking area and washing machine...just like university hostel.

U sounds like so suaku..y?

Suites@guillemard still hold the mm trophy....344sqft is too big liao la...whahaha

Those 3xxsqft studio n 5xxsqft 2bedder really power....whahaha