Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112172227 ... LastLast

Thread: NV Residences (D18, 99 years leasehold, Hong Realty Pte Ltd - CDL & Hong Leong)

Quote Originally Posted by 3C
    I am quite surprise that CDL such a big developer seems not very innovative in this few projects. Besides throwing some new facilities, the rest looks boring. The units design is almost similar with the standard planter boxes. It looks like they are moving towards mass production to minimize construction cost and get maximum profits. Just look at Livia and compare it with the HDB directly opposite, a foreigner may be mistaken which one is actually a private property
    Aiyoh...not that bad lah....though boring....still a nice project.

There is a reason for everything. All developers (except probably HDB under KBW) will want to maximise profit. If I am not mistaken, the building approval plan for palette was submitted before the planter box exemption was removed sometime in early 2010.

I am quite surprise that CDL such a big developer seems not very innovative in this few projects. Besides throwing some new facilities, the rest looks boring. The units design is almost similar with the standard planter boxes. It looks like they are moving towards mass production to minimize construction cost and get maximum profits. Just look at Livia and compare it with the HDB directly opposite, a foreigner may be mistaken which one is actually a private property

Actually , there are more variety of choices . Example the 3 +1 is not as many as compared to Livia and NV. This is cater for wide variety of customer .

Quote Originally Posted by khatib855
    Actually , there are more variety of choices . Example the 3 +1 is not as many as compared to Livia and NV. This is cater for wide variety of customer .

Yup. As long as one is happy with the purchase for whatever reason, it is ok. Not everyone works, lives and study in CCR or RCR etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jozoo
    Saw The Palatte website and was amazed by its facilities. Guess its much better than NV and have 3 Clubhouses. Nice water features too. Land bigger but I guess more cramp as more units now. The floor plans of the units are quite similar to NV and its study rooms seem bigger. Wonder how they gonna price this...hopefully slightly higher than NV
    Not sure whether I am seeing correctly, the 3 bedder size a lot smaller than NV. Land size super big....better than Treasure Trove.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80
    Not sure whether I am seeing correctly, the 3 bedder size a lot smaller than NV. Land size super big....better than Treasure Trove.
    In my opinion the absolute size is slightly smaller than NV on paper but in terms of actual liveable space it should be the same. Likely the ave psf will be higher than NV. So slightly smaller space multiply by slightly higher psf gives about the same 'acceptable quantum' and hence affordability.

Quote Originally Posted by sotidy
    Well....if all goes well on 23rd Oct and EU have something good, then I think the launched will be real soon. Some folks are suggesting CDL have to price at 600psf in order to move the units but I seriously don't think so. Likely average price will be about 860-880psf.

This project is by a different architect and builder...so it should be quite different from Livia / NV.
    Time for Mr Kwek to unleash Palette!

Blk 85, 87 & 89 are going fast, almost top floor liao!

Still got a couple more floors before reaching top floor. Hopefully by end of year.

Seems like they are doing concurrent construction... (with a lot of window frames and windows being fixed up concurrently.)

Well....if all goes well on 23rd Oct and EU have something good, then I think the launched will be real soon. Some folks are suggesting CDL have to price at 600psf in order to move the units but I seriously don't think so. Likely average price will be about 860-880psf.

This project is by a different architect and builder...so it should be quite different from Livia / NV.

From the Palette thread, seems like my prediction is quite accurate...2+S, 3, 3+S, 4 are likely to be between 860-880psf (early bird pricing).

By the way,the signboards leading to the showflat are already up.

Default for the map freaks like me

Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Now more work is done at Blk 95 and 99. Looks like all the entire 8 blocks will reach the top by Mar 2012.

Now more work is done at Blk 95 and 99. Looks like all the entire 8 blocks will reach the top by Mar 2012.
    Good good... If all the 8 blocks are up by Mar 2012, then chances of getting the key by end of 2012 will be higher :P

Quote Originally Posted by windrise69
    Good good... If all the 8 blocks are up by Mar 2012, then chances of getting the key by end of 2012 will be higher :P
    Today I zoomed into the pictures I took last week, I realised for some of the units (83,85,87,89) the ceiling wiring seems to be done and they are also doing up the internal walls.

Heard from some agents that CDL targeting to TOP NV by end Dec 2012.

Wonder why r they rushing ?

Heard from some agents that CDL targeting to TOP NV by end Dec 2012.

Wonder why r they rushing ?
    'Heard' only right? Unlikely lah...most probably Q2 2013 but Q1 2013 is possible if the distribution of the keys is efficient.
    Last edited by sotidy; 04-11-11 at 23:30. Reason: Typo

'Heard' only right? Unlikely lah...most probably Q2 2013 but Q1 2013 is possible if the distribution of the keys is efficient.
    The fellow said those blocks facing Livia will get keys first, somewhere end 2012. There must be some reasons as I link this to speedy works of these 3 blocks facing Livia.

It could be to show potential buyers of new launches that NV will not affect them. .....Now Im getting closer...

The fellow said those blocks facing Livia will get keys first, somewhere end 2012. There must be some reasons as I link this to speedy works of these 3 blocks facing Livia.

It could be to show potential buyers of new launches that NV will not affect them. .....Now Im getting closer...
    The fellow == The agents? The agents can say whatever they like mah.
    All the blocks within the same project will have to be completed before the project can TOP. For large scale development like this, Q4 2012 unlikely lah.

The fellow == The agents? The agents can say whatever they like mah.
    All the blocks within the same project will have to be completed before the project can TOP. For large scale development like this, Q4 2012 unlikely lah.
    Not say cannot lah. If CDL wants to do it anytime lah. This is not a large project to a developer like CDL lah.

Anyway I am just guessing any motivation for CDL to speed up the project. Agreed with u normal project not so fast lah. If u are a buyer would u want to stay in a place surrounded by construction. Buyers will think twice right??
    They are launching another one or two more leh...need to really plan properly otherwise gana stuck lah

OK See u in Q2 2013 lah!

Not say cannot lah. If CDL wants to do it anytime lah. This is not a large project to a developer like CDL lah.

Anyway I am just guessing any motivation for CDL to speed up the project. Agreed with u normal project not so fast lah. If u are a buyer would u want to stay in a place surrounded by construction. Buyers will think twice right??
    They are launching another one or two more leh...need to really plan properly otherwise gana stuck lah

OK See u in Q2 2013 lah!

CDL has a lot of projects concurrently running and most likely they will be using the same pool of resources from Hyundai E&C that they used for Livia. So looking at their construction methods, size of the project, reasonable time would be Q2 2013 to get the keys. But of course...as the defects repair for Livia gets completed over time, there can be more resources for NV because Palette's builder is someone else (not Hyundai E&C) and so from that perspective, it might be indeed faster.

Usually developer's motivation to speed up project is to get $ faster so that they can mark off the project and move to the resources to reinvest in the next project. They just collected the next 5% from me.

CDL has a lot of projects concurrently running and most likely they will be using the same pool of resources from Hyundai E&C that they used for Livia. So looking at their construction methods, size of the project, reasonable time would be Q2 2013 to get the keys. But of course...as the defects repair for Livia gets completed over time, there can be more resources for NV because Palette's builder is someone else (not Hyundai E&C) and so from that perspective, it might be indeed faster.

Usually developer's motivation to speed up project is to get $ faster so that they can mark off the project and move to the resources to reinvest in the next project. They just collected the next 5% from me.
    Actually it will depends on Blk 95 and 99....as you might be aware also. The other 6 blocks more or less there already.

The progress is fast. Already saw them putting up windows for the higher floors as well. Some blocks would reach top even b4 year end. Wonder wats next. For sure going to recieve letter from CDL again. I think they need cash fast

The progress is fast. Already saw them putting up windows for the higher floors as well. Some blocks would reach top even b4 year end. Wonder wats next. For sure going to recieve letter from CDL again. I think they need cash fast
    I still think progress is normal (on the fast side but not super fast). Couple of blocks might need top b4 end of year. Everyone needs cash...I also looking forward to my next payroll but I don't think they are anywhere near desperate or short of vitamin $.

I still think progress is normal (on the fast side but not super fast). Couple of blocks might need top b4 end of year. Everyone needs cash...I also looking forward to my next payroll but I don't think they are anywhere near desperate or short of vitamin $.
    Blk 83 - building 12th storey
    Blk 85 - building 13th storey
    Blk 87 - buiding 15th storey!

Blk 83 - building 12th storey
    Blk 85 - building 13th storey
    Blk 87 - buiding 15th storey!
    So far my observation is quite accurate. 1 floor every 2 week.

any ideas what is the maintenance fee for 2, 2+1 and 3 bedders?

Quote Originally Posted by kale
    any ideas what is the maintenance fee for 2, 2+1 and 3 bedders?
    I think it ranges from $200 to $300 plus.for 2 to 3 bedders.

Saw my friend Livia unit. Rather disappointed with the laminate flooring. Can see lines popping up at the adjoining laminate boards. Friend said no point complaining, almost all units like that one. CDL seemed to has slacken for mass market projects. Are they treating mass market customers less important? Hope not the same for NV. Aren't they afraid that sale for the rest of the plots will be affected for bad publicity?

Saw my friend Livia unit. Rather disappointed with the laminate flooring. Can see lines popping up at the adjoining laminate boards. Friend said no point complaining, almost all units like that one.
    I hope your friend didn't pour water over the laminated flooring and mop it.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Went to see Palette showroom....apparently the furnishings are much better than NV

Went to see Palette showroom....apparently the furnishings are much better than NV
    It's just the showroom lor....not going to mean anything. Wait till the real thing ...then we shall see.

we went to the showroom also, and don't find it nicer leh.. not sure about furnishing as we don't have the expert eyes for such things.. but overall find the Palette rooms smaller and not as prestigious as NV..