Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advise needed- Tenant break rental contract

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    grey area. see which party wins the argument

its common for rubber tubing to get mouldy quickly(could be due to SG's weather). but its unusual for the drum to get rusty so quickly. which brand? anybody ever wipe dry the drum after using?

i never have to wipe dry the interior drum of my washing machine and the drum is still in good condition after 3yrs. but rubber tubbing oredi got mould stains which cannot be removed. the tubbing still get mouldy even i always wipe it dry after every usage. hope this helps
    not the drum

its a front load washer .. the front opening ..where the glass fits ...after washing..when one opens the glass door ..water usual drip on the rim ..also steam collected oin the glass will also flow onto the rim ..

in the instruction manual it does say to wipe dry glass and rim ..

for a 3 yr old washer to rust ... its obvious no proper care and maintenance was exercised ...for the whole tenancy period

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    not the drum

its a front load washer .. the front opening ..where the glass fits ...after washing..when one opens the glass door ..water usual drip on the rim ..also steam collected oin the glass will also flow onto the rim ..

in the instruction manual it does say to wipe dry glass and rim ..

for a 3 yr old washer to rust ... its obvious no proper care and maintenance was exercised ...for the whole tenancy period
    may I know what is the brand of the washer? if you don't mind me saying, it sounds more like a defect. maybe you can take it up with the manfacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    may I know what is the brand of the washer? if you don't mind me saying, it sounds more like a defect. maybe you can take it up with the manfacturer.
    my friend did take pic and sent to the brandt office and gotten a reply ..
    saying that after use ... supposed to wipe off the water on the rim and the glass ...

i always thot that is the case ,,,cos my wife always wipe off the water / steam from the glass and the opening rim ...

and we have the same Brandt for the last 8 yrs ..

no rust, no mold ..

thats why we think its poor maintenance

saying that after use ... supposed to wipe off the water on the rim and the glass ...

i always thot that is the case ,,,cos my wife always wipe off the water / steam from the glass and the opening rim ...

no rust, no mold ..

.. for me I Sometime even forget to take clothes out of washer for few days ... then have to redo the washing to clean the smell

To me it looks like a washer defect ..not tenant

My Toshiba top-load washing machine in my rented condo is still running after 16 years. It was chosen by my first japanese tenant who wanted all the appliances made in Japan.
    does your washing machine rust after 2 yrs ?
    does the rubber tubing, detergent tray turn moldy ?

dont you wipe dry the glass, rim etc after use ?

dont these fall under ..failure to maintain/exercise proper use ?

if you are the next tenant ..can u accept a rusty/moldy washing machine ?

My Toshiba top-load washing machine in my rented condo is still running after 16 years. It was chosen by my first japanese tenant who wanted all the appliances made in Japan.
    does your washing machine rust after 2 yrs ?
    does the rubber tubing, detergent tray turn moldy ?

dont you wipe dry the glass, rim etc after use ?

dont these fall under ..failure to maintain/exercise proper use ?

if you are the next tenant ..can u accept a rusty/moldy washing machine ?

no rust, no mold ..

Ok, I see .......

Quote Originally Posted by Scary
    Ok. Anything else besides holding the security deposit and the above that you mentioned?
    I experienced this a few times before. My property agent will do the following for me:

1) Check the tenancy agreement. If there is no diplomatic clause, ask the tenant's company to pay the rent on the outstanding months. Usually, I don't insist on the fine if a replacement can be found before the handover date (which is almost always possible).

2) Tenant to pay back the pro-rata agent commission; otherwise, the agent will refund me from own pocket.

3) Agent will check the condition of the place (including furniture and appliances) and take pictures of damages except wear and tear. Agent will advise the amount to be deducted from the deposit (if any) and settle the amount on behalf of me not later than 14 days after the handover.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by vip View Post
    I experienced this a few times before. My property agent will do the following for me:

1) Check the tenancy agreement. If there is no diplomatic clause, ask the tenant's company to pay the rent on the outstanding months. Usually, I don't insist on the fine if a replacement can be found before the handover date (which is almost always possible).

2) Tenant to pay back the pro-rata agent commission; otherwise, the agent will refund me from own pocket.

3) Agent will check the condition of the place (including furniture and appliances) and take pictures of damages except wear and tear. Agent will advise the amount to be deducted from the deposit (if any) and settle the amount on behalf of me not later than 14 days after the handover.

Hope this helps.
    Then what's the point of signing the TA with a diplomatic clause if you don't insist on a fine even if you can find a tenant to replace( which is likely not part of the TA).