Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Advise needed- Tenant break rental contract

User Info Menu

Default Advise needed- Tenant break rental contract

Dear all,

Need advise for the above. My tenant commenced his rental in May 11 for an one year term. However, was being informed earlier that he wanted to terminate the contract and move out in Aug 11. May I ask, what can I do besides holding on to his one month security deposit?

Thanks

Exalted

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Scary
    Dear all,

Need advise for the above. My tenant commenced his rental in May 11 for an one year term. However, was being informed earlier that he wanted to terminate the contract and move out in Aug 11. May I ask, what can I do besides holding on to his one month security deposit?

Thanks
    Ask him to compensate the pro rata of ur agt comm

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Ask him to compensate the pro rata of ur agt comm
    Ok. Anything else besides holding the security deposit and the above that you mentioned?

Exalted

User Info Menu

Ok. Anything else besides holding the security deposit and the above that you mentioned?
    Nothing liao....end the thing peacefully and do a proper inventory check on the last day together wif ur tenant n agt

Gd luck

Singapore = $ingapore

User Info Menu

Dear all,

Thanks
    Wah, this sounds like he needs our support during a breakup. lol. @Scary:Breakups can be painful. Breaking up with someone you love can be one of the toughest emotional struggles you'll go through.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Nothing liao....end the thing peacefully and do a proper inventory check on the last day together wif ur tenant n agt

Gd luck
    True. Unless you have a solid contract that specify what to reimburse if agreement is breached...

If don't have, just settle amicably. End things well and move on. Find new tenants. If things end sourly, your unit might end up getting thrashed by them.... No win situation... More money needed for lawsuits... LOL...

Big is Wonderful.

User Info Menu

Check your TA. Can ask tenant to pay rental till end of contract term (12 mths minus no. of mths consumed). Obligation works both ways ie if you (landlord) break contract or tenant break contract, either party pays the other as part of compensation. If tenant pays up, release 1 mth deposit if no other damages or outstanding costs to account for.

User Info Menu

Mine is the "standard" TA. Even if it does specify compensation for unconsumed months, i guess it will also be very difficult to get him to pay...

Exalted

User Info Menu

Mine is the "standard" TA. Even if it does specify compensation for unconsumed months, i guess it will also be very difficult to get him to pay...
    No tenant will pay....all jus pack bag n run! Whahaha

Junior

User Info Menu

also take back your agent's commission as well

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    also take back your agent's commission as well
    He already said he gonna hold 1 month deposit...thats good enough..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast