Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Capitaland bishan site should be launching soon

grenade! one thousand, two thousand, three thousand,...,HUAT AH!

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    make sure you hide hor else kena from "grenade"..........before unit below you found out who did it...

Interestingly, this Bishan project is not the first project from Moshe Sofdie.
    The other projects are Marina Bay Sands, Ardmore Habitat Condo and
    Carinhill Road Condo. Moshe also try on the forecoming Capitol Theater and not sure whether he won the project!!!

MBS... wow..
    Last edited by westman; 16-09-11 at 13:51.
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

No more $ in Europe and US. Better earn S$ as it is stronger. Slab block design may have limited view in future due to the nearby sites are earmarked for highrise residential. They are using similar design to the randomised balconies at pinnacle @ duxton.
    Quote Originally Posted by westman
    Interestingly, this Bishan project is not the first project from Moshe Sofdie.
    The other projects are Marina Bay Sands, Ardmore Habitat Condo and
    Carinhill Road Condo. Moshe also try on the forecoming Capitol Theater and not sure whether he won the project!!!

MBS... wow..

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    grenade! one thousand, two thousand, three thousand,...,HUAT AH!
    Army has made you a better man!

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    errm, not me hor. u added the gross details. LOL.

count the time from throw to piak to guess which unit below kenna after each practice session. (as per "grenade! one thousand, two thousand,...")
    You can even use mathematics to calculate and find out which unit kena your special gift!

I feel that you guys already know that Mr Moshie has taken the "iconic" design from his Qinhuangdao Golden Dream Bay project in China.

Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Moshie first started with his obsession with slopes in Copenhagen.

The 8 HOUSE is located in Southern Ørestad on the edge of the Copenhagen Canal. In my opinion this is nicer.

Last edited by ecimbew; 17-09-11 at 08:42.

Moshe launched his career in 1967 with his signature mess cubes stack, which can find some elements in the Bishan and Qinhuangdao designs.

HABITAT 67

Habitat 67, an experiment in apartment living, became the permanent symbol of Expo 67 after it closed. It was Canadian architect Moshe Safdie’s experiment to make a fundamentally better and cheaper housing for the masses. He attempted to make a revolution in the way homes were built – by the industrialization of the building process; essentially factory mass production. He felt that it was more efficient to make buildings in factories and deliver them prefabricated to the site.

Safdie was dissatisfied with both suburbia, which destroyed open space surrounding cities and cut off people’s enjoyment of the amenities of city life, and with the high-rise apartment block, which concentrated people on less land. Apartments generally were too small for growing families, and lacked both privacy and outdoor space. He was convinced the later were inadequate as family housing.

He planned Habitat with the goal to find a way to put a great many people on a small space, yet provide them with at least some of the pleasures of a private home. He wanted to build a city in the sky, a 3- D city and his city would contain 1000 housing units, with shops and even a school. What he proposed was an experiment, not just in housing, but in community life.

But between 1964 and 1966 when construction started, it was downsized to only 158 dwelling units, without shops and a school. What started out as a plan for a small city, instead became a hugely expensive apartment building. Worse, while it was on Expo 67 grounds, when Expo 67 closed, it would be some distance from the rest of Montreal’s business and housing neighborhoods.

Habitat’s 158 living units resembled a Taos Indian pueblo.

As Habitat was designed, it resembled a curious concrete mountain of dwelling places, strikingly modern, yet reminiscent of a Taos Indian pueblo village, or an Italian hill town. Its units were built on the ground, then hoisted by crane into place five, six or more stories above the ground.

A factory was built beside the Habitat site. It contained four large molds in which the standardized units were made. To make each of them, a reinforcing steel cage was placed inside the mold, then concrete was poured around the cage. After the concrete cured, the unit was moved to an assembly line where a wooden sub-floor was installed with electrical and mechanical services below it. Windows and insulation were then inserted; afterwards prefabricated bathrooms and kitchen modules. Finally the unit was moved to its position in the building.

There were 354 of these units in all. But it was the way they were put together than produced the variety of forms that made Habitat, both inside and outside, so unusual.

The units were arranged to provide fifteen different types of “houses”. These varied from one-bedroom houses (600 sq. feet) to four-bedroom houses (1,700 sq. feet). Each had a private open garden space, 37 x 17 feet. Each man’s roof was another man’s garden. The arrangement of the units provided privacy and the variation in house layouts provides a sense of uniqueness.

While factory production techniques should have cut overall costs, building 158 apartments isn’t really productive in factory work since there is often a steep learning curve. Also since the individual units would bear the weight load of the units above, the units on the bottom where actually thicker and stronger. In the end Habitat 67 cost $22,195,920, or about $140,000 per living unit. Effectively that was the same cost as building six-eight ordinary town houses. Luckily one could rationalize that it was only a prototype, and if scaled up, it might be much cheaper to construct.

While the visiting public was impressed, they didn’t embrace the concept. At a distance the complex looked like an exciting piece of Cubist sculpture, at close up it’s flat concrete-gray exterior looked boring and as if nobody lived there. Inside the complex Safdie’s plastic covered pedestrian streets, connecting the apartments with the elevators and parking lots, were poorly sheltered from Montreal’s cold window weather. Perhaps if it had been built near one of Montreal’s exciting neighborhoods, the public might have been more willing to accept it, but then few of Expo’s fifty million visitors would have seen the innovative housing site.
    Last edited by ecimbew; 17-09-11 at 09:06.

The Habitat 67 still stands.

I don't get it? what is good about this design? The design maximizes sunlight for each unit, and thus makes sense for countries in temperate zones, like Canada or Norway . but it would be hot like hell if used for Signapore condos.

The architect just borrowed his own idea for temperate zones for Singapore, but gets paid by capitaland by the million. I think Capitaland is getting conned again, just like it was by architect for the interlace.

So nice

Last edited by ecimbew; 17-09-11 at 09:32.

Sorry guys. I got carried away. Too much indulgence on a Saturday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Sorry guys. I got carried away. Too much indulgence on a Saturday morning.
    thanks for the wonderful sharing! its also nice to see some sharing.

Someone is using the forum to do free advertising for capitaland, just like someone is using today's BT to do the same for capitaland.

beware and be warned.

Those terrace balcony faces the sea or lake. Ours face hdb.

Look like another Lego block project....

Moshe launched his career in 1967 with his signature mess cubes stack, which can find some elements in the Bishan and Qinhuangdao designs.

HABITAT 67
    Looks more like Balestier Point to me.. haha

By fn2r at 2011-09-17

Will you pay min $1450psf for this project.\?
    Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    I don't get it? what is good about this design? The design maximizes sunlight for each unit, and thus makes sense for countries in temperate zones, like Canada or Norway . but it would be hot like hell if used for Signapore condos.

The architect just borrowed his own idea for temperate zones for Singapore, but gets paid by capitaland by the million. I think Capitaland is getting conned again, just like it was by architect for the interlace.

Design good for drying clothes.

You can bet the Singapore "United Colours of Bennetton" will be out in full force. Your upstairs neighbour can just look over his terrace and see what underwear your family wore the day before.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Design good for drying clothes.

You can bet the Singapore "United Colours of Bennetton" will be out in full force. Your upstairs neighbour can just look over his terrace and see what underwear your family wore the day before.
    precisely. it is singapore, and it is hot like hell. so, what good is it to have sun directly into your balcony. makes sense for denmark but not here.

capitaland is actually the most clumsy developer in my view, at least one of the clumsiest. actually more clumsy than sim lian. just look at ATT.

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    [SIZE=5]Looks more like Balestier Point to me.. haha
    Totally agree. Balestier Point is the true blue icon.

precisely. it is singapore, and it is hot like hell. so, what good is it to have sun directly into your balcony. makes sense for denmark but not here.

capitaland is actually the most clumsy developer in my view, at least one of the clumsiest. actually more clumsy than sim lian. just look at ATT.
    care to share why ATT is clumsy?

Quote Originally Posted by testtest
    care to share why ATT is clumsy?
    ATT is doing very well, thanks to smart marketing by Sim Lian. ATT is not clumsy. capitaland is clumsy.

Nice. Inspired by Potong Pasir HDB. Remember those Potong Pasir HDB with the slanting roofs?

Moshie first started with his obsession with slopes in Copenhagen.

The 8 HOUSE is located in Southern Ørestad on the edge of the Copenhagen Canal. In my opinion this is nicer.

check it out.... there is a video too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpgZH...eature=related

Capitaland is indeed very clumsy in recent years and have to resort to share buyback to prevent share price from crashing futher, after crashing almosy 40%. The market really has no confidence in the current management, esp with the illogical bidding strategy and poor projects attributes. They keep using "star" architect but looks horrible aesthetically and still not selling leh. The worst was, the real thing is always a far cry from the artist impression. Just look at d'Leedon. U realise they always use 6 months marketing the iffy "artist impression" and create hype about the architect, and then keep their fingers crossed that buyers will be conned by their 6 months artist impression, when the real thing is actually very different. URA should really clamp down on such advertising style.

I think this Bishan project is going to launch only next year. And they are flooding the news and youtube with the "artist impression" liao. Similar to d'Leedon where for 6 months everywhere is the "artist impression" which misleads lots of buyers.

ATT is doing very well, thanks to smart marketing by Sim Lian. ATT is not clumsy. capitaland is clumsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Capitaland is indeed very clumsy in recent years and have to resort to share buyback to prevent share price from crashing futher, after crashing almosy 40%. The market really has no confidence in the current management, esp with the illogical bidding strategy and poor projects attributes. They keep using "star" architect but looks horrible aesthetically and still not selling leh. The worst was, the real thing is always a far cry from the artist impression. Just look at d'Leedon. U realise they always use 6 months marketing the iffy "artist impression" and create hype about the architect, and then keep their fingers crossed that buyers will be conned by their 6 months artist impression, when the real thing is actually very different. URA should really clamp down on such advertising style.

I think this Bishan project is going to launch only next year. And they are flooding the news and youtube with the "artist impression" liao. Similar to d'Leedon where for 6 months everywhere is the "artist impression" which misleads lots of buyers.
    those are just renderings, you still need to go to the showroom to see the model mah.. and then at showroom u have to see whether the show flat is done accurately or disguised with tons of gimmicky ID. i am more concerned URA is still so slow in regulating showflat requirements.

Foreigners may bite on this project with this video clip.
    Quote Originally Posted by iwantgizmos
    check it out.... there is a video too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpgZH...eature=related