Thread: Do you like to buy property beside religion's building?

Default Do you like to buy property beside religion's building?

First of all, am not into discrimination on religion matter and please accept my apology if I've offended anyone.....

I've chance upon this project, FH Waterford Residences (beside a religion college along Kim Yam Road) and found the following interesting facts....

Project launched in 2007. In June 2007, last developer's unit transacted at $1372psf, sqf unknown. Waterford TOP this year, 2011.

For benchmark purpose: In Sep 2009, a 1195sqf unit transacted at $1350 and as of Apr 2011, latest 1195sqf unit last transacted at $1500psf with only 11% upside from 2009 in psf.

Tii todate, majority of Singapore private estates have already moving up by a lot(ie JLD's projects hitting above 1kpsf) and it's very amazing to see growth rate in psf for Waterford (can also include The Wharf, Aspen Heights) rather unusal as compare to majority... Do you think the low psf has anything to do with religion building beside it?

Any comments?
    Last edited by westman; 04-08-11 at 18:32.
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    First of all, am not into discrimination on religion matter and please accept my apology if I've offended anyone.....

I've chance upon this project, FH Waterford Residences (beside a religion college along Kim Yam Road) and found the following interesting facts....

Project launched in 2007. In June 2007, last developer's unit transacted at $1372psf, sqf unknown. Waterford TOP this year, 2011.

For benchmark purpose: In Sep 2009, a 1195sqf unit transacted at $1350 and as of Apr 2011, latest 1195sqf unit last transacted at $1500psf with only 11% upside from 2009 in psf.

Tii todate, majority of Singapore private estates have already moving up by a lot(ie JLD's projects hitting above 1kpsf) and it's very amazing to see growth rate in psf for Waterford (can also include The Wharf, Aspen Heights) rather unusal as compare to majority... Do you think the low psf has anything to do with religion building beside it?

Any comments?
    I also look see look see after Regulator mentioned these developments at RV area with lower psf prices. A look at the map and asked some people, they highlighted religious building as a big concern. Not sure if this is the reason for the price to be hovering sideways.

If for my own consideration, i will try not to buy because i am afraid of bad traffic. Noise level can be a problem for some people but it is not mine.

I saw the site of Thomson Grand. Likewise next to a temple. My immediate thought was whether the traffic would be bad or not.

Of course it is not just religious building. Directly next to a school will be scary for me.

Any comments?
    Depend on what religion and the owner religion.

One man's meat is another man's poison.

Westman bro, you are interested to buy one of these after Regulator mention is it?

The price is nice but i don't like the traffic jam. Too bad Regulator stopped giving me recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon
    Depend on what religion and the owner religion.

One man's meat is another man's poison.
    Hmm... What's ur guess on low psf on Waterford?

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel
    Westman bro, you are interested to buy one of these after Regulator mention is it?

The price is nice but i don't like the traffic jam. Too bad Regulator stopped giving me recommendations.
    Just like u, was curious why such a low psf for units just top this year after highlighted by Bro Regulator.

After looking at all information, I conclude the low psf could possibly attributed by the religion college wor. I would be even more keen to know is there any other possibilities for such low psf if it has nothing to do with the college...

is Martin Place Residences affected by that college?
    Doesnt think so le.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    is Martin Place Residences affected by that college?
    Doesnt think so le.
    Martin Place is currently asking around 2k psf and the project is not adjacent to college and it is shield by Langston Ville (which coincidentally having the same psf range of 1300-1500psf (same fate as Waterford)...

Both MP and Waterford top in the same year.

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel
    I also look see look see after Regulator mentioned these developments at RV area with lower psf prices. A look at the map and asked some people, they highlighted religious building as a big concern. Not sure if this is the reason for the price to be hovering sideways.

If for my own consideration, i will try not to buy because i am afraid of bad traffic. Noise level can be a problem for some people but it is not mine.

I saw the site of Thomson Grand. Likewise next to a temple. My immediate thought was whether the traffic would be bad or not.

Of course it is not just religious building. Directly next to a school will be scary for me.
    According to Feng Shui Master:-
    To be religious is a virtue but to be living opposite a church or a temple is not conforming to good Feng Shui rules. Churches or temples belong to the spiritual world. The energy associated with a church or temple is also yin and at times the ritual for the dead is being performed there. Drawing this type of energy into the house may cause sickness and yin manifestations. A church behind a house is not as bad as being in front of the house but should nonetheless be avoided.

Martin Place is currently asking around 2k psf and the project is not adjacent to college and it is shield by Langston Ville (which coincidentally having the same psf range of 1300-1500psf (same fate as Waterford)...

Both MP and Waterford top in the same year.
    Apt status vs full condo status

Waterford may have incense smell & prayer?

Is the 2bdr selling at 13xxpsf with tenancy been sold?

Its newly TOPed, therefore i believe it is not undervalued
    Market should b right

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    Apt status vs full condo status

Waterford may have incense smell & prayer?

Is the 2bdr selling at 13xxpsf with tenancy been sold?

Its newly TOPed, therefore i believe it is not undervalued
    Market should b right
    Agree with you that market should be right.
    I think there is a positive relationship with the college as all projects adjacent to the college have relatively low prices (referring to Langston, Waterford and Aspen) while other projects along the same street but shielded by Langston, Waterford and Aspen diff by big margins...

Perhaps we should try evaluating this hypothesis with another test case. Any suggestion?

Agree with you that market should be right.
    I think there is a positive relationship with the college as all projects adjacent to the college have relatively low prices (referring to Langston, Waterford and Aspen) while other projects along the same street but shielded by Langston, Waterford and Aspen diff by big margins...

Perhaps we should try evaluating this hypothesis with another test case. Any suggestion?
    price difference for waterford and martin plc is about 300-400psf for similar sized units. work out to be 25% difference. i believe the price is about right given the difference on the attributes of both projects