Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you buy if the development had a case/s of unnatural death?

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    This makes me recall of a case. I have a friend who stayed in Jurong East. She always felt that there was someone around her house, so she went to the "medium" to ask and was told that there was a "woman spirit" in the house but harmless, so the medium taught her how to pray, and later she strucked a lottery. Unbelievable?

Another case is her younger sister bought a new HDB flat at CCK, same thing happen, a harmless female spirit. In the middle of the night, they could hear the noise (washing of the bowls). All of them could see the spirit except her elder sister. So I think it all depends on the individual luck also.
    Haa haa got free maid working midnight shift. Just don't wash dishes after dinner, next day morning all nice and clean.

Another case is her younger sister bought a new HDB flat at CCK, same thing happen, a harmless female spirit. In the middle of the night, they could hear the noise (washing of the bowls). All of them could see the spirit except her elder sister. So I think it all depends on the individual luck also.
    Were the bowls clean the next morning? Any dishwashing liquid provided?
    Those able to see the spirit, could they interact with it/her?

A friend who used to stay at The Sterling told me that there was a womanly figure at the corner of his room.

I don't know which unit but his is a 4 br unit.

This makes me recall of a case. I have a friend who stayed in Jurong East. She always felt that there was someone around her house, so she went to the "medium" to ask and was told that there was a "woman spirit" in the house but harmless, so the medium taught her how to pray, and later she strucked a lottery. Unbelievable?

Schizophrenia is said to affect about 1-2% of the population in varying degrees of severity. Many are undetected and unreported. Those who did NS will recall that there are plenty of "ghost" stories in camp. The reason is because with a larger group of people amassed, the probabilty of having more than one schizophrenic in the group is higher.

And if you have two schizos in the same platoon, these "ghost" sightings become "double confirmed". Even sane people and non-believers start to imagine things that are not there. And these stories have a way of perpetuating themselves that it eventually becomes true instead of made up.

In the case of the sisters above, since they are siblings and therefore of the same genetic make-up, if one has some form of schizophrenia, high chance the other one has it too. We always hear of people having this "gift" or "curse" that is the ability to see or hear spirits. It may very well be schizophrenia.

I would take the words of a medium with a pound of salt. Adrian Lim is a classic example of why we must be skeptical about such things. He took advantage of so many people and even murdered innocent children under the guise of a spiritual practice.

In reality, I think Man is more scary than Ghosts.

A buddy had a broken relationship when he enlisted into NS. He got a job after NS and took the same route passing by a park to his house. There he saw a lady whose back view looked identical to his ex girlfriend. He followed her hoping to catch a glimpse of her side view before going up to say hi.

She continued to her house and shut her door. He didn't manage to confirm her identity. However he was very sure it was her and decided to look through the peephole from outside of her unit. As you know peepholes give you views from either side. He couldn't see anything in the house because the other side of the peephole was entirely red.

A neighbour granny opened the door and asked what he was looking for. My friend explained what he saw and the granny then told him that the girl had hung herself in this house.

When a person commits suicide by hanging, the dead will have bloodshot eyes.

And do you know why he saw red on the other side of the peephole?

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toa_Payoh_ritual_murders

Blk 12 Toa Payoh Lorong 7 #07-467F

This is another sad one and till now, it is still unsolved....

6 January 1979: Four children (aged five, six, eight and ten) of the Tan family in the Geylang Bahru district are discovered murdered in their flat. The case remains unsolved (http://newspapers.nl.sg/Digitised/Article/straitstimes19790107.2.3.aspx).

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar
    This is another sad one and till now, it is still unsolved....

6 January 1979: Four children (aged five, six, eight and ten) of the Tan family in the Geylang Bahru district are discovered murdered in their flat. The case remains unsolved (http://newspapers.nl.sg/Digitised/Article/straitstimes19790107.2.3.aspx).
    this is a tragic case..., my grandma used to stay in the area. Rumour at coffeeshop talk has it that the someone had ask the man to buy 4D and struck 1st prize, the man didn't pay this someone and said a passing remark like " $ I don't have, if u want, I have 4 kids ". Till today unsolved. Years later this man's wife manage to undo the contraceptive in her womb and mange to bear a child....

Very sad and shocking case..., this happened in those rented 1 room flat at block 58. This block has since been torn down and rebuilt, it's facing the Kallang river/canal.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    Were the bowls clean the next morning? Any dishwashing liquid provided?
    Those able to see the spirit, could they interact with it/her?
    What a joke, if you know that she is a spirit, will you be brave enough to talk to her and I don't think the spirit can touch our "real" things. Next morning when they woke up, everything was in normal, nothing special as though that nothing had been done. Funny thing is only the mother, 2nd sister and herself can hear but not the elder sister. When she heard it, she asked her elder sister to hear but she said she can't hear anything.

I have my experience also. When I was young and stayed in a rental HDB flat. One day when I woke up in the middle of the night, I saw a figure wearing in white (couldn't see the head because it was blocked by the window) standing outside my bedroom with the back facing me. Her hands was orange in colour, it frightened me until I used my blanket to cover my face. Till now I still do not know what was that.

Another experience was at my Bishan flat many years ago. In the middle of the night, I saw a black figure "zoom out" from my children bedroom, the next morning when I told my husband, he said he saw that once also. My daugher also ever told me that she saw a "doll" sitting at the window and another time, saw a lady staying in front of her bed.

All these things are really unexplanable.

Another experience was at my Bishan flat many years ago. In the middle of the night, I saw a black figure "zoom out" from my children bedroom, the next morning when I told my husband, he said he saw that once also. My daugher also ever told me that she saw a "doll" sitting at the window and another time, saw a lady staying in front of her bed.

really scary

yr whole family saw 'it'. so u moved out soon after that?

Maybe placing some images or statue of "power of higher order" in your house can stop such sightings and events? Whatever power according to your religion. Or best get all religions combo power best.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    really scary

yr whole family saw 'it'. so u moved out soon after that?
    No. I moved out not because of that. As long as they didn't interfere with our daily life, we were fine. Don't keep on recalling it and you won't be so scared. Times will erase off most of the things.

I shifted out 10 yrs later because I got an EC and need to sell my Bishan flat as I was not allowed to keep 2 HDB ppty.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Maybe placing some images or statue of "power of higher order" in your house can stop such sightings and events? Whatever power according to your religion. Or best get all religions combo power best.
    In fact, I have worshipped the "Da Pei Gong" at my old house.

What a joke, if you know that she is a spirit, will you be brave enough to talk to her and I don't think the spirit can touch our "real" things. Next morning when they woke up, everything was in normal, nothing special as though that nothing had been done. Funny thing is only the mother, 2nd sister and herself can hear but not the elder sister. When she heard it, she asked her elder sister to hear but she said she can't hear anything.

I have my experience also. When I was young and stayed in a rental HDB flat. One day when I woke up in the middle of the night, I saw a figure wearing in white (couldn't see the head because it was blocked by the window) standing outside my bedroom with the back facing me. Her hands was orange in colour, it frightened me until I used my blanket to cover my face. Till now I still do not know what was that.

Schizophrenia

Anyone still interested in Punggol, Changi and Sentosa beach areas?

http://ourstory.asia1.com.sg/war/hea...slaugther.html

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Schizophrenia
    You think my husband, my daughter and I are "insane" or under depression? At that time, my daughter was only 4 yrs old. My 7 yrs old son never see anything.

To be very frank, if I have a choice, I will want to avoid all these "things". Lucky thing was, after that, we never seen anymore. That's why I said that if they don't disturb us, we were fine.

You think my husband, my daughter and I are "insane" or under depression? At that time, my daughter was only 4 yrs old. My 7 yrs old son never see anything.

To be very frank, if I have a choice, I will want to avoid all these "things". Lucky thing was, after that, we never seen anymore. That's why I said that if they don't disturb us, we were fine.

I was refering to your friend and her family who has a "female spirit" living in their house and doing the dishes.

Anyway, schizophrenia comes in varying degrees of severity and can manifest in different ways. I don't think one should totally exclude schizophrenia as a possible explanation.

As for striking TOTO on a medium's advice like your friend, ... I would say stay far far away from those mediums. Hasn't the newspapers reported enough of this con artists who not only take your money, rape you and even sometimes even murder you?(as in Adrian Lim's case).

Even if this spirit thing was true, why would anyone want to receive money this way and be indebted to this spirit?

Frankly, I don't know what I'll be more afraid of. A ghost or a strange human in my house. Will I call the police or a medium?

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    I was refering to your friend and her family who has a "female spirit" living in their house and doing the dishes.

Anyway, schizophrenia comes in varying degrees of severity and can manifest in different ways. I don't think one should totally exclude schizophrenia as a possible explanation.

As for striking TOTO on a medium's advice like your friend, ... I would say stay far far away from those mediums. Hasn't the newspapers reported enough of this con artists who not only take your money, rape you and even sometimes even murder you?(as in Adrian Lim's case).

Even if this spirit thing was true, why would anyone want to receive money this way and be indebted to this spirit?

Frankly, I don't know what I'll be more afraid of. A ghost or a strange human in my house. Will I call the police or a medium?
    I agree that some of the medium are "conman". Some people said that if there is spirit, there will be god.

I had met a few cases. Either it is coincidence or is the power of the medium that make things right, I do not know.

I agree that some of the medium are "conman". Some people said that if there is spirit, there will be god.

I had met a few cases. Either it is coincidence or is the power of the medium that make things right, I do not know.
    I don't know for sure if there are spirits or if there is a GOD. But I know for sure there are plenty of evil people around.

Best wishes to you and your family, hope you and your family can steer clear all these supernatural sightings. Cheers!