Thread: Uniquely Singapore!

Default Uniquely Singapore!

Not related to condo but just sharing...

http://leongszehian.com/?p=662

There is another case, if I remember correctly, a couple who bought a DBSS under the fiance/fiancee scheme and had paid a downpayment but later their wedding was called off. The downpayment was forfeited because they became ineligible unless either one of them can get another one to marry, how ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    There is another case, if I remember correctly, a couple who bought a DBSS under the fiance/fiancee scheme and had paid a downpayment but later their wedding was called off. The downpayment was forfeited because they became ineligible unless either one of them can get another one to marry, how ridiculous!
    Why is it ridiculous?

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Why is it ridiculous?
    nowadays marriage got NO meaning people marry to buy HDB apt...

Why is it ridiculous?
    Will you just marry anybody just because you do not want to lose out your downpayment. Finding another right partner is not that easy as finding your favourite food in the food centre.

It is a risky investment avenue if one takes this path. Can lose big time for the guys with not just losing half of wealth and paying monthly maintenance to the spouse.
    Will you just marry anybody just because you do not want to lose out your downpayment. Finding another right partner is not that easy as finding your favourite food in the food centre.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    It is a risky investment avenue if one takes this path. Can lose big time for the guys with not just losing half of wealth and paying monthly maintenance to the spouse.
    Agree.

I had a relative who always got beaten by her husband. Her grown up daughers were so scared to get married because they were afraid that they will end up like their mother. Later they became "sister".

Agree.

I had a relative who always got beaten by her husband. Her grown up daughers were so scared to get married because they were afraid that they will end up like their mother. Later they became "sister".

So what exactly are you saying is ridiculous? The policy of forfeiting the deposit or that people get married just to buy house?

So what exactly are you saying is ridiculous? The policy of forfeiting the deposit or that people get married just to buy house?
    Both. But I can't come up with a better idea to solve this problem, maybe you can.

Both. But I can't come up with a better idea to solve this problem, maybe you can.
    The problem (if any) is not for either of us to solve.

Unfortunately, the couple just have to bear the consequences of their poor judgement. Buying a property (especially one with a subsidy) or getting married should not be done frivolously.

A moment of folly,

A lifetime of regrets...