Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2011 National Day Rally Speech

Deepsea

User Info Menu

[COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#000000]In a way Gov acknowledged that hdb prices have to go up, letting 8k-10k into bto segment is laying a stronger pillar to support the pricing. 10k-12k group shifting to EC may not be significant, they will look into upside potential. EC & OCR PC pricing whether up or down, we can't deny that developers have a hand in it.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]I reckon that 8-10k group could easily afford to upgrade after MOP.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]PR will have easier time to buy resale hdb too, lesser competition. This group needs immediate housing.[/COLOR]

Need 6 months to see the impact...interesting. [/COLOR]

Exalted

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    hdb cashcow lei.. hoot condos in parents' name,when the time come.

good to hold cheap cashcow.
    Main killer is the roughly 8yrs period tat u cannot invest in pte ppty. Mabe u r the only child and ur wife dun mind u park ur money under parent name den its fine lor.....

I sell Cheese Pie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by taggy
    er.. actually my argument is, 10-12k group do not impact hdb resale much lah.
    if below 10k, then buy bto lor
    Bro, those earning monthly household incomes of $10k to $12k previously [B]had no choice[/B] but to buy resale or private properties - due to the previous salary ceiling caps of $8k to $10k. Now they have a choice to buy cheaper (subsidised) and brand new flats!

Exalted

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Why buy now when you can buy cheaper half a year later and much much cheaper a couple of years down the road?
    U like to make baseless assumptions

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    Gahmen is using current budget surplus for all these grants.... That's why don't need president approval.... If you understand our budgetary process you will know how rich Singapore is....

Proceed from any land sales goes straight to reserves... Any budget surplus goes straight to reserves.... All income earn from investment, half of it goes straight to reserves.... But when we build roads, MRT, any form of infrastructure, even very long term infrastruture like gardens by the bay, barrage etc, are classified as current account budget.... Hence when gahmen say there is a budget deficit it's actually not true....
    I was referring to this article by MBT.
    [url]http://www.straitstimes.com/GeneralElection/News/Story/STIStory_659136.html[/url]
    NATIONAL Development Minister Mah Bow Tan has slammed the Workers' Party (WP) proposals to make new HDB flats cheaper, saying they will devalue the flats of one million current homeowners and illegally raid Singapore's reserves.

I thought that by giving more grants (subsidies), government earn less and hence raiding the reserves......
    When PAP spent, it is not called raiding the reserves.
    When Opposition proposed, it is called raiding the reserves and Singapore will bankrupt soon.

I sell Cheese Pie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    U like to make baseless assumptions
    We shall see

Exalted

User Info Menu

Bro, those earning monthly household incomes of $10k to $12k previously [B]had no choice[/B] but to buy resale or private properties - due to the previous salary ceiling caps of $8k to $10k. Now they have a choice to buy cheaper (subsidised) and brand new flats!
    Now those 10-12k can only buy ec wat....how can they buy bto?

And i strongly believe ec px will be increased if demand is strong from this newly qualified group! Remember ocr will be 15-20% higher den ec px

Exalted

User Info Menu

We shall see
    I din even tell jwong to buy now.....u r making ur own assumptions on my previous comments la

Deepsea

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    hdb cashcow lei.. hoot condos in parents' name,when the time come.

good to hold cheap cashcow.
    are there any recent bto that caught your attention? Must ballot if oversubsribe & wait 8 yrs.

I sell Cheese Pie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Now those 10-12k can only buy ec wat....how can they buy bto?

And i strongly believe ec px will be increased if demand is strong from this newly qualified group! Remember ocr will be 15-20% higher den ec px
    Sorry for the over-generalisation, I meant the $8k to $10k segment for BTO and $10k+ to $12k segment for EC.