Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2011 National Day Rally Speech

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    so its true? HDB is no longer a roof over head, but a speculation instruction?
    If one can buy first hand (new) and heavily subsidised flat compared to a resale hdb flat (read older with the 99LH timeframe merrily ticking away) and heftily priced (granted got freebies like housing grant of $30k to $40k), I would say go apply for the former

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    If one can buy first hand (new) and heavily subsidised flat compared to a resale hdb flat (read older with the 99LH timeframe merrily ticking away) and heftily priced (granted got freebies like housing grant of $30k to $40k), I would say go apply for the former
    this is so true, provided u got time to wait and like the bto location. Pinnacle@duxton was sure a good choice

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Previously was 3yrs mop witout grant for resale which make better sense den buying bto....now resale 5yrs compared to bto 3+5yrs....ya bto more attractive

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    in current situation it make sense to go for hdb, promising profits.

but condos at current price, haiz..

but i have it planned out, with parents. yes im only child.
    I guess u noe it best.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Now those 10-12k can only buy ec wat....how can they buy bto?

And i strongly believe ec px will be increased if demand is strong from this newly qualified group! Remember ocr will be 15-20% higher den ec px
    Agree on this, just wait for OCR mass mkt units supply to dry up a little and when 10k-12k no choice but to buy EC. Developers one way or and another will make it work for themselves by slowly increasing the prices coz by then these people don't have much other options.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Actually what's the general OCR upgrader's income level ? 10-12k can buy a 1m OCR or not ?
    Confirm can at the current low interest rates. The only thing stopping them is the downpayment, which they might not have saved enough if they are young.

Then again $12k is really alot for young couples to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    Confirm can at the current low interest rates. The only thing stopping them is the downpayment, which they might not have saved enough if they are young.

Then again $12k is really alot for young couples to begin with.
    Not alot if they are marrying late like in the mid 30s, or they both are in the finance industry during boom times!

Previously was 3yrs mop witout grant for resale which make better sense den buying bto....now resale 5yrs compared to bto 3+5yrs....ya bto more attractive
    at one time , Khaw said, BTO is not hdb. Can we (condo owner) buy BTO then ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    Go to HDB, quote their minister and then let us know if you have bought BTO. Thought he was talking about DBSS?

R u sure he said tat? He said dbss is not hdb rite? But we also dunwan to buy dbss even if we r allowed to....whahahaha

R u sure he said tat? He said dbss is not hdb rite? But we also dunwan to buy dbss even if we r allowed to....whahahaha
    now think of it, dbss maybe not bad.. maybe mnd will privatise them so that their high pricing will not mess with normal hdb pricing to balloon entire public housing prices.. then all the dbss will become gold mine if they become pte properties due to their good location..

maybe......

Quote Originally Posted by linchong84
    now think of it, dbss maybe not bad.. maybe mnd will privatise them so that their high pricing will not mess with normal hdb pricing to balloon entire public housing prices.. then all the dbss will become gold mine if they become pte properties due to their good location..

maybe......
    If privatize also must implement some security measures to enhance the attractiveness of dbss otherwise private also no one want to buy!

Yup keep us informed, or u can start a thread to start a mass complain to allow us private owners to buy hdb, got chance mnd will relent

All Singaporeans (who have been here for more than x years) should be allowed to buy HDBs. Quite strange PRs are allowed to buy. But if you ban PRs now, prices of HDBs might collapse. The property bubble is mostly due to PRs' and new citizens' demand.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    If privatize also must implement some security measures to enhance the attractiveness of dbss otherwise private also no one want to buy!
    very easy to build walls around it + hire a security guard.. Some already have intercom security features.. for those more spacious site layout, maybe can even build pool..

Quote Originally Posted by linchong84
    very easy to build walls around it + hire a security guard.. Some already have intercom security features.. for those more spacious site layout, maybe can even build pool..
    Yes, its easy to build but will all residents cooperate and chip in? Just convincing everybody to accept the proposal will take many months or even years!

Then again those projects that come with intercom security is a potion for disaster. I was able to visit my sister who stays at CityView (which has those intercom) every time without a single time having to buzz her from the lift lobby. So many people walking in and out that I can just enter with no questions asked!

Yes, its easy to build but will all residents cooperate and chip in? Just convincing everybody to accept the proposal will take many months or even years!

Then again those projects that come with intercom security is a potion for disaster. I was able to visit my sister who stays at CityView (which has those intercom) every time without a single time having to buzz her from the lift lobby. So many people walking in and out that I can just enter with no questions asked!
    intercom without walls+guard is pointless..

But intercom+wall+guard should be good deterrence even though they can be overcame easily too..

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    All Singaporeans (who have been here for more than x years) should be allowed to buy HDBs. Quite strange PRs are allowed to buy. But if you ban PRs now, prices of HDBs might collapse. The property bubble is mostly due to PRs' and new citizens' demand.
    Rightfully all singaporeans should be allowed to buy hdb hope the relevant minister will read our posts......

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    Rightfully all singaporeans should be allowed to buy hdb hope the relevant minister will read our posts......
    I guess their initial reason for not allowing pc owners to buy public houses because there is a steep demand from young couples as a result of undersupply. Now, with impending oversupply come 2013 and beyond, mnd should just reopen hdb to pc owners again!

Do you mean even those with private properties already be allowed to buy HDB?

And also when you say all Singaporeans, you mean regardless of income as well? Ie. no income ceiling?

Y not? We work hard n pay more taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Y not? We work hard n pay more taxes.
    Uh.. ok. Just that HDB prices will hit the roof. Its originally meant to be public housing and meet basic housing needs. MBT's liberalisation of HDB rules to clear the backlog created by the housing glut post 1997 has caused the HDB to sky rocket in the last few years.

Don't say the ministers, no opposition will go for it either.

Why should singles under 35 years old be ineligible for public housing? Singles also have that basic need for housing.

Why should a person who earns more than $5k (or joint applications earning more than the salary ceiling) be ineligible for public housing grants? Salary does not account for expenditure for dependents, e.g. parents with high medical bills.

The increase in grants and salary ceiling will translate into higher demand, and increase in COV of resale flats and base prices of new flats because the fundamental issue of supply remains unresolved.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit

And also when you say all Singaporeans, you mean regardless of income as well? Ie. no income ceiling?
    My answer is yes to all the above If pr can have unrestricted access to hdb, why not for singaporeans too. We private owner pay so much taxes to subsidize the undeserving 8 to 12k group, so we shod be allow to reap the benefit too.

Quote Originally Posted by evergreen
    Why should singles under 35 years old be ineligible for public housing? Singles also have that basic need for housing.

Why should a person who earns more than $5k (or joint applications earning more than the salary ceiling) be ineligible for public housing grants? Salary does not account for expenditure for dependents, e.g. parents with high medical bills.

The increase in grants and salary ceiling will translate into higher demand, and increase in COV of resale flats and base prices of new flats because the fundamental issue of supply remains unresolved.
    Totally agree
    1. singles<35 restriction be removed or at least revised.
    2. expenditure should be taken into consideration for income ceiling eligibilty.

Not sure
    1. increase in ceiling should reduce demand in resale sector as more become eligible for new HDB.
    2. COV should be lower if demand in resale reduces.
    3. supply is now essentially BTO. it is Built-To-Order, you order they build. Once you commit, there will be supply. Of course you have to be eligible first.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Overall should stablise. Everything holds and with little upside.

What the subsidy does is actually increasing the purchasing power. Offsetting the downpayment part. Other than that, it is price as usual.

You must grasp the concept of

1) Substitution
    2) Consumption
    3) Restitution
    4) Contribution
    5) Retribution
    6) Frustration
    7) Resignation

1. EC and Mass Market Condo are subsitutes.

2) Consumption is buy for self stay irregardless of pricing.

3) Restitution to the former or original state or position (Purchasing power).

4) Contribution to the inflated or deflated state (coffers).

5) Retribution for the wrong deeds or greed.

6) Frustration for unable to find buyers to buy at your asking price.

7) Resignation and accept the highest among the lowest.

It's a beautiful NATION.
    u forgot 8)D14.....Prostitution..... ....

I guess their initial reason for not allowing pc owners to buy public houses because there is a steep demand from young couples as a result of undersupply. Now, with impending oversupply come 2013 and beyond, mnd should just reopen hdb to pc owners again!
    hai ya dont worry all these govt policy like screw tarek anytime can change one market collapse they tell u ok one person can buy 2 x hdb flat....dont worry have faith in our world class govt....

My answer is yes to all the above If pr can have unrestricted access to hdb, why not for singaporeans too. We private owner pay so much taxes to subsidize the undeserving 8 to 12k group, so we shod be allow to reap the benefit too.

PRs don't have unrestricted access, they cannot buy brand new HDB they can only buy resale.

As for my fellow Singaporeans who are eligible to buy brand new HDB and therefore reap the benefits. I don't begrudge them at all. I wouldn't call them undeserving.

Have some compassion for your fellow Singaporeans lah.... making HDB a free-for-all would make more people suffer the already very high prices.

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    u forgot 8)D14.....Prostitution..... ....
    very good!

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit

Then that will make hdb prices cheong through the roof several times, precisely what the housing minister is trying to AVOID!

Hdb flats and their prices should not be the playground of the rich and mighty. If these richer folks want to speculate in currently way overpriced properties within CCR and RCR then let them be. Some folks will always subscribe to the greater fool theory (including me).

So let the minister take care of the needy and average masses instead!