Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2011 National Day Rally Speech

In a way Gov acknowledged that hdb prices have to go up, letting 8k-10k into bto segment is laying a stronger pillar to support the pricing. 10k-12k group shifting to EC may not be significant, they will look into upside potential. EC & OCR PC pricing whether up or down, we can't deny that developers have a hand in it.

I reckon that 8-10k group could easily afford to upgrade after MOP.

PR will have easier time to buy resale hdb too, lesser competition. This group needs immediate housing.

Need 6 months to see the impact...interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    hdb cashcow lei.. hoot condos in parents' name,when the time come.

good to hold cheap cashcow.
    Main killer is the roughly 8yrs period tat u cannot invest in pte ppty. Mabe u r the only child and ur wife dun mind u park ur money under parent name den its fine lor.....

Quote Originally Posted by taggy
    er.. actually my argument is, 10-12k group do not impact hdb resale much lah.
    if below 10k, then buy bto lor
    Bro, those earning monthly household incomes of $10k to $12k previously had no choice but to buy resale or private properties - due to the previous salary ceiling caps of $8k to $10k. Now they have a choice to buy cheaper (subsidised) and brand new flats!

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Why buy now when you can buy cheaper half a year later and much much cheaper a couple of years down the road?
    U like to make baseless assumptions

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    Gahmen is using current budget surplus for all these grants.... That's why don't need president approval.... If you understand our budgetary process you will know how rich Singapore is....

Proceed from any land sales goes straight to reserves... Any budget surplus goes straight to reserves.... All income earn from investment, half of it goes straight to reserves.... But when we build roads, MRT, any form of infrastructure, even very long term infrastruture like gardens by the bay, barrage etc, are classified as current account budget.... Hence when gahmen say there is a budget deficit it's actually not true....
    I was referring to this article by MBT.
    http://www.straitstimes.com/GeneralE...ry_659136.html
    NATIONAL Development Minister Mah Bow Tan has slammed the Workers' Party (WP) proposals to make new HDB flats cheaper, saying they will devalue the flats of one million current homeowners and illegally raid Singapore's reserves.

I thought that by giving more grants (subsidies), government earn less and hence raiding the reserves......
    When PAP spent, it is not called raiding the reserves.
    When Opposition proposed, it is called raiding the reserves and Singapore will bankrupt soon.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    U like to make baseless assumptions
    We shall see

Bro, those earning monthly household incomes of $10k to $12k previously had no choice but to buy resale or private properties - due to the previous salary ceiling caps of $8k to $10k. Now they have a choice to buy cheaper (subsidised) and brand new flats!
    Now those 10-12k can only buy ec wat....how can they buy bto?

And i strongly believe ec px will be increased if demand is strong from this newly qualified group! Remember ocr will be 15-20% higher den ec px

We shall see
    I din even tell jwong to buy now.....u r making ur own assumptions on my previous comments la

hdb cashcow lei.. hoot condos in parents' name,when the time come.

good to hold cheap cashcow.
    are there any recent bto that caught your attention? Must ballot if oversubsribe & wait 8 yrs.

And i strongly believe ec px will be increased if demand is strong from this newly qualified group! Remember ocr will be 15-20% higher den ec px
    Sorry for the over-generalisation, I meant the $8k to $10k segment for BTO and $10k+ to $12k segment for EC.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    NATIONAL Development Minister Mah Bow Tan has slammed the Workers' Party (WP) proposals to make new HDB flats cheaper, saying they will devalue the flats of one million current homeowners and illegally raid Singapore's reserves.

I thought that by giving more grants (subsidies), government earn less and hence raiding the reserves......
    When Opposition proposed, it is called raiding the reserves and Singapore will bankrupt soon.
    U still cannot get over GE?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful

U r reading it out of context. Opposition's idea is to reduce the selling price of HDB, by not linking its land price to "market price". That's a direct "raid" so to speak, because the land price goes to reserve straight. The new PAP policies say nothing about change of HDB price. It only gives more grants. Grants come from gov currenct account budget, not from reserve.

I din even tell jwong to buy now.....u r making ur own assumptions on my previous comments la
    You said time is precious remember?

Sorry for the over-generalisation, I meant the $8k to $10k segment for BTO and $10k+ to $12k segment for EC.
    I beginning to like kbw den mbt liao....kbw seems to noe tat he shd tackle hdb prices and let pte condo on market forces

You said time is precious remember?
    Yes....buy bto, 8yrs cant invest pte....stay pteless for 8goddamn years...wat u say? Hehe

Why buy now when you can buy cheaper half a year later and much much cheaper a couple of years down the road?
    good idea, i hope to buy in another property, maybe @ the sail in 4 years time when then construction there settle. By then should fall till 900 psf liao? IF i wait 8 years will it become 500 psf? i can pick up few in one shot, what u think?

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    U r reading it out of context. Opposition's idea is to reduce the selling price of HDB, by not linking its land price to "market price". That's a direct "raid" so to speak, because the land price goes to reserve straight. The new PAP policies say nothing about change of HDB price. It only gives more grants. Grants come from gov currenct account budget, not from reserve.
    Bro, y u bother to xplain?

This guy jus trying to fan fire lah

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    good idea, i hope to buy in another property, maybe @ the sail in 4 years time when then construction there settle. By then should fall till 900 psf liao? IF i wait 8 years will it become 500 psf? i can pick up few in one shot, what u think?
    Good idea! And if you wait even longer, it may become 300 psf

Actually what's the general OCR upgrader's income level ? 10-12k can buy a 1m OCR or not ?

Construction cost 300psf and only can rise......so whcih means land cost only 100psf inorder for u to buy at 500psf....like dat hoot gcb better la....land cheap cheap by den! Whahahhaha

Yes....buy bto, 8yrs cant invest pte....stay pteless for 8goddamn years...wat u say? Hehe
    Many people din think abt this, KBW caged up a segment of potential buyers/upgraders for 8 long years.., would presume most buyers aspiration' aspiration is private condos, likely OCR mass market...to start with...

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Actually what's the general OCR upgrader's income level ? 10-12k can buy a 1m OCR or not ?
    I mentioned b4, 3k salary got loan approval for 400k mortgage loan

Int rate damn low now which means eligible for higher loan.....bubble! Luvin it

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Many people din think abt this, KBW caged up a segment of potential buyers/upgraders for 8 long years.., would presume most buyers aspiration' aspiration is private condos, likely OCR mass market...to start with...
    Its not a bad idea to buy bto if u dun have much cash to start wif, but jwong situation is different....he oredi earned his 1st bucket of gold....so y waste his precious time on bto?

Good idea! And if you wait even longer, it may become 300 psf
    kao, got chance become free or not?

wait bros here say wait 100 year they burn for us wor..........

kao, got chance become free or not?
    WW3

Its not a bad idea to buy bto if u dun have much cash to start wif, but jwong situation is different....he oredi earned his 1st bucket of gold....so y waste his precious time on bto?
    in current situation it make sense to go for hdb, promising profits.

but condos at current price, haiz..

but i have it planned out, with parents. yes im only child.

WW3
    After nuclear WW3, when mankind probably almost kena wiped out..., Free to "joab" anywhere u like for survivors...

"Does it makes sense to buy EC if you are now qualified to buy BTO?"
    many people switching position ?

so its true? HDB is no longer a roof over head, but a speculation instruction?

so its true? HDB is no longer a roof over head, but a speculation instruction?
    i tot its alrdy commonly known to all, and openly discussed on this forum to play ard with their hdb.??