Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2011 National Day Rally Speech

Quote Originally Posted by linchong84
    although i feel the recent measures that MND introduced will curb resale MOP prices, but it might come a little too late..

The DBSS will create new benchmarks.. To make a decent profit, the pricest unit in the upcoming pasir ris dbss has to sell at around 900k.. The HDBs in pasir ris will be pulled up.. and domino domino, the rest of the towns in singapore will adjust upwards as pasir ris is such a fringe town..

A few years later when the earlier DBSS finish the MOP, buyers won't sell at a loss and there will definitely be resale buyers who will bite at exp price tags, creating new benchmarks..

KBW might have been screwed by MBT's DBSS legacy..

So KBW might eventually have to privatise the DBSS to prevent it from ballooning HDB's prices..

what is "resale MOP prices"?
    only heard of "resale price", "resale COV", "resale MOP(minimum occupation period)"

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Hey... Imagine your 4 room flat is at 400k

5 room flat at 500k....

Pc at 1 million

3 years later, 4 room flat at 440k, 5 room at 550k.... But pc is at 1.5 million.... U think win win? Good outcome?
    What does this have anything to do with the new HDB policies ? To me the new policies have addressed specific ppl's specific needs. It's at least politically correct.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    What does this have anything to do with the new HDB policies ? To me the new policies have addressed specific ppl's specific needs. It's at least politically correct.
    I thought affordability is the issue here... So asking if this is better.... Hdb more affordable and not in line with pte.. Will singaporeans be happier?

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    The policy did not address young couple's needs. In fact things will be worse for them, since many new groups can now buy HDB and enjoy more discounts, thus theoretically able to offer higher COV. Only the $8-12k group is happier.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Only the $8-12k group is happier.
    I so agree, one group's gain equal the other groups lost.
    Below 8k group should start to complain and ask for more grant... Let the up trend continue

During the general election, it was about affordability and hdb flats being too expensive. It seems now they are raising ceiling so more people can buy, seems rather contradictory before and after ge

Immediate impact: the HDB resale and pty property markets will lose some of the 10k to 12k salary segment who would change to buying HDB subsidised flats instead

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    During the general election, it was about affordability and hdb flats being too expensive. It seems now they are raising ceiling so more people can buy, seems rather contradictory before and after ge
    Income ceiling was also one of the issue discussed during the last GE.

Anyway, it is indeed contradicting when the introduction of the revised income ceiling will potentially raise the buying power of couples for HDB resale. This would inevitably result in price escalation due to higher COV and affordability was also one of the hot button topic during GE.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap

Anyway, it is indeed contradicting when the introduction of the revised income ceiling will potentially raise the buying power of couples for HDB resale. This would inevitably result in price escalation due to higher COV and affordability was also one of the hot button topic during GE.
    The $10-12k income group should not enjoy any subsidies, and this should be diverted to the lower income group instead. Being able to buy HDB is already a privilege. Perhaps the $10-12k group are more vocal.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap

Not really, the huge number of BTO flats and other offerings coming on board in increasing numbers will nullify any increase, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Immediate impact: the HDB resale and pty property markets will lose some of the 10k to 12k salary segment who would change to buying HDB subsidised flats instead
    Actually even before the new rule, is there really so many 10-12k locals buying Hdb resale? Face conscious, I think most had gone for condo liao leh...

Quote Originally Posted by taggy
    Actually even before the new rule, is there really so many 10-12k locals buying Hdb resale? Face conscious, I think most had gone for condo liao leh...
    I would rather want to make more money than worry about face lah

The buyers most likely buy one HDB, then 5 years later buy another condo. Then they rent out the HDB, or sell the HDB for mega profit. Suffer for 5 years only mah. A lot of HDB are in good locations too.

i think most would wanna buy and hold a hdb cash cow, to milk rental. and save for 5yrs for a condo later. anyway on the streets, common to hear that hdb is cashcow for rental. so who wouldnt want??

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    i think most would wanna buy and hold a hdb cash cow, to milk rental. and save for 5yrs for a condo later. anyway on the streets, common to hear that hdb is cashcow for rental. so who wouldnt want??
    Milk while you can before Govt introduce measures to curb this cash cow! Things are very unpredictable these days!

i think it is the below 10k (previously is below 8k) group buy hdb resale, bec they get 30k grant.

for the 10-12k group, all along they do not get 30k grant for hdb resale, so i reckon few from this group were/are buying hdb resale. So for this group, i think now they will just switch their target from condo to ec(for cheaper price and grants).

i think it is the below 10k (previously is below 8k) group buy hdb resale, bec they get 30k grant.

for the 10-12k group, all along they do not get 30k grant for hdb resale, so i reckon few from this group were/are buying hdb resale. So for this group, i think now they will just switch their target from condo to ec(for cheaper price and grants).
    Why would they want to buy resale hdb? Hello... the 10k to 12k group are gunning for the hdb subsidised flats lah!

If you want to buy hdb resale in the first place.... there is no salary cap!

what the 30k grant, when they can buy new hdb at 260k and sell 400-450k in 5yrs time..

30k vs 100-200k profits.. ur choice??

Why would they want to buy resale hdb? Hello... the 10k to 12k group are gunning for the hdb subsidised flats lah!

If you want to buy hdb resale in the first place.... there is no salary cap!
    you right, im gunning the new hdb soon.

30k grant vs 100-200k profits,

and

30 yrs old 3i 721sqft hdb(300-350k) VS brand new 4a 990sqft hdb(260-300k).

you right, im gunning the new hdb soon.

30k grant vs 100-200k profits,

and

30 yrs old 3i 721sqft hdb(300-350k) VS brand new 4a 990sqft hdb(260-300k).
    Smart move Bro!

Smart move Bro!
    not just me, almost everyone and colleagues are looking forward to the hdb new launches

not just me, almost everyone and colleagues are looking forward to the hdb new launches
    Tot u own condo b4?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Tot u own condo b4?
    yup.. need to wait for 30months after dispose..
    soon la, just nice when the market correct.

You are waiting for another 2.5yrs?

I think the market has already started correcting

Since u got the money to fry condo, y aim for hdb bto? Time is precious

I wud rather u wait for recession if it happen and hoot condo or landed....den equity cash out on the paper profit or sell one to get a resale flat.

See above again

You are waiting for another 2.5yrs?
    nope.. lesser years to countdown liao.

standby some funds for a new hdb and a condo under my parents' name

Why buy now when you can buy cheaper half a year later and much much cheaper a couple of years down the road?

hdb cashcow lei.. hoot condos in parents' name,when the time come.

good to hold cheap cashcow.

what the 30k grant, when they can buy new hdb at 260k and sell 400-450k in 5yrs time..

30k vs 100-200k profits.. ur choice??
    er.. actually my argument is, 10-12k group do not impact hdb resale much lah.
    if below 10k, then buy bto lor

hdb cashcow lei.. in future to buy condo in parents' name,
    Ur wife dun mind tat arrangement?