Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: MeyeRise

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    This is amazing right knowingly that there is no available mrt yet at this area. What will happen once the mrt station plan is unveiled next year? $3000psf ??? And mind you these units at Meyerise, Aalto etc are not MM units they are gigantic units with big layouts.
    I just love the hype about Meyer Road. just because of MRT can hit $3000psf.

This is amazing right knowingly that there is no available mrt yet at this area. What will happen once the mrt station plan is unveiled next year? $3000psf ??? And mind you these units at Meyerise, Aalto etc are not MM units they are gigantic units with big layouts.
    I love you Shawn. You give me hope. River Valley condos averaging about 2000psf. These are also gigantic units with big layouts.
    What will happen once Thomson line plan is unveiled next year?
    One MRT station already confirmed in front of Liang Court. Another one to be announced along Kim Seng Road.$3000psf ??

Oh wait, Orchard Roads condos like in Paterson, Devonshire, are averaging $3000psf, even with MRTs nearby.

Damn it, for one moment, Shawn you give me hope....

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    I love you Shawn. You give me hope. River Valley condos averaging about 2000psf. These are also gigantic units with big layouts.
    What will happen once Thomson line plan is unveiled next year?
    One MRT station already confirmed in front of Liang Court. Another one to be announced along Kim Seng Road.$3000psf ??

Oh wait, Orchard Roads condos like in Paterson, Devonshire, are averaging $3000psf, even with MRTs nearby.

Damn it, for one moment, Shawn you give me hope....
    when he start marketing river valley projects he will say $3k psf no problem lor..

The paterson only 2kpsf

I just love the hype about Meyer Road. just because of MRT can hit $3000psf.
    Ya, the MRT is good for the helpers working at MeyeRise.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    Ya, the MRT is good for the helpers working at MeyeRise.
    It will also benefit the maids there

When psf hit more den 1.5kpsf, mrt got less influence on the px liao

Meyer near MRT $3k psf? So island wide near MRT $1.8-2k even in far flung places.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Meyer near MRT $3k psf? So island wide near MRT $1.8-2k even in far flung places.
    Actually what's so attractive about Meyer area? I always see the condos there advertising that they are near Parkway Parade and East Coast Park. If that's the case, why don't people buy Amber area instead? Why is Meyer more expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by reuters
    Actually what's so attractive about Meyer area? I always see the condos there advertising that they are near Parkway Parade and East Coast Park. If that's the case, why don't people buy Amber area instead? Why is Meyer more expensive?
    Meyer is after tanjong rhu if you're driving from town? That would be my random guess. I personally have not lived in the east before. For convenience, I would much rather be near parkway.

Meyer is after tanjong rhu if you're driving from town? That would be my random guess. I personally have not lived in the east before. For convenience, I would much rather be near parkway.
    But it seems like Meyer is priced higher than both Tanjong Rhu and Amber. In terms of proximity, isn't Tanjong Rhu physically nearer to town? In terms of location, amenities, etc, Amber is much better!

But it seems like Meyer is priced higher than both Tanjong Rhu and Amber. In terms of proximity, isn't Tanjong Rhu physically nearer to town? In terms of location, amenities, etc, Amber is much better!
    Tanjong rhu no freehold right? If tanjong rhu had freehold, I'm sure it'll be higher than Meyer.

Tanjong rhu no freehold right? If tanjong rhu had freehold, I'm sure it'll be higher than Meyer.
    Waterside is the only freehold there

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    Waterside is the only freehold there
    The small stretch of condo opp waterside should be also freehold.

Meyer starts with an "M" = $. This place is actually quite inconvenient. Neither near PP nor near town. Maybe being sold with the idea of near sportshub.

I think meyer is price high probably due to it's exclusive and 'atas' feel, and no HDB in sight. Less conjested then amber and the facing is either towards the open sea in one direction or low rise landed residential in the other direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503
    I think meyer is price high probably due to it's exclusive and 'atas' feel, and no HDB in sight. Less conjested then amber and the facing is either towards the open sea in one direction or low rise landed residential in the other direction.
    But the Meyer area is getting quite built-up as well. It is definitely not nearer to the sportshub than Tanjong Rhu and when it comes to the beach, the nicer part starts from Amber side and not Meyer side. I'm still curious how Meyer can be "$" other than an age-old history about the names "Meyer and Amber". In terms of atas feel, the Amber area near Parkway and roundabout also feels atas and are not near HDB (HDB is nearer to the upcoming Coralis, etc). Possibly just hyped-up by agents?!

Meyer more atas due to the ex ex landed homes there lah

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Meyer more atas due to the ex ex landed homes there lah
    That stretch is starting to feel as densely built up like cuscaden.

$3000psf is probably pushing it for this area. Alot of prime housing around orchard looking for $3k i think. And their finishing is a notch up myeRise i feel.

As for seaview, nothing beats Reflections for real seaview without the highway noises. Sentona cove also offers real sea view. So for now i think $2500 is hitting the resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    $3000psf is probably pushing it for this area. Alot of prime housing around orchard looking for $3k i think. And their finishing is a notch up myeRise i feel.

As for seaview, nothing beats Reflections for real seaview without the highway noises. Sentona cove also offers real sea view. So for now i think $2500 is hitting the resistance.
    Perhaps it may take 10 to 20 years to get to 3,000psf? Not worth buying just because of street name. Agree Reflections is 10 times more imposing and iconic!

For new condos at Amber and Marine Parade, 4 to be launched next year, all their prices will be around or above $2,000psf. These are enbloc sites of which the breakeven cost is already $1600psf or more.

So eventually, Amber and Meyer condos will beat the $2000psf and this will be accelerated by the upcoming mrt, marina coastal expressway and new upcoming projects at Marina East. This is for certainty no doubt about it.

Far East is aggressively building up the Amber area from the new condos to the new East Village Hotel, while the new upmarket Katong Mall will be up and running early next year. The Amber mrt will have direct link from Changi Airport all the way to Marina Bay Sands all in one line (no interchange).

Meyer/Amber area have been a traditionally expensive area. If u look at history, old launches like Makena are already sold at around 800-$900psf 8 to 9 years ago when River Valley condos are still marketing around $800-900psf. I know cause I myself own few units near Tanjong Rhu, River Valley and Orchard areas ten years ago.

Its just that Amber/Meyer have not done a fast catch-up in terms of price psf appreciation cause 5 years ago, there are hardly any new launches in that area (Meyer/Amber). Some old unwanted areas like Lavender/Balestier have appreciated 200% because of the hype created by agents of being near mrt, though these locations have never been desired by the affluent Singaporean segment. However, there are many new launches in Lavender/Balestier in past 5 years. So eventually Meyer/Amber will catch up with the new launches. In addition, these are freehold properties.

Reflections at Keppel Bay i know is a nice development but its 99 years and the sea in front you definitely cant go for swim and it doesnt have a beach to contend with. I had a unit at Caribbean At Keppel Bay 7 years back and stayed there for a couple of years, and I know what I am talking about. The waters are green but its deep and not all the time the waters look nice. That location is hyped up but in reality its not really that convenient or livable. The same goes for Sentosa Cove. If you ask any investor 8 years ago when these areas were launched for sale, nobody is truly keen cause they are inaccessible.

River Valley area on the other hand is near Orchard but the condos are stacked close to one another, and the units are getting smaller and smaller. The Meyer area condos are more exclusive and big units which attract the high class and wealthy clients, on top of its nice serene green environment with the sea/beach just across the expressway. Meyer is a traditional district for the affluent, you can name many wealthy entrepreneurs and families still living in that area. So these people have an attachment to these area.

So my bet is that with the launch of 4 more new condos along Amber/Meyer areas above $2000psf, these district will effectively be a prime district retaining back its old premium value 3rd only to Orchard and the City.

Tanjong Rhu has no freehold except for those condos near fort road and Waterside. Those condos inside like Waterplace, Pebble Bay and Sanctuary Green etc are all 99 years and they are about 5-15 years old on average. Their psf prices range from $1000-$1400psf the highest. I used to stay there for a long time so i know that place very well.

Tanjong Rhu is a dead town u will die in there with poor transport, no shopping facilities, no shops, atm machines etc except for Leisure Park which is not near. The only bus there is 158. However, its a nice place to stay being close to the city and yet not so close as you have to drive in a loop.

I used to sell a few units there this year and that area doesnt seem to be popular with locals but with foreigners. Still Amber and Meyer seem to be more popular as its more accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    It will also benefit the maids there

When psf hit more den 1.5kpsf, mrt got less influence on the px liao
    Dont forget the kids dont drive to school so as the maids and the older people who cant really see clearly to drive. The mrt is still useful even to affluent residents in many other ways than none. I myself dont drive if i need to go to the airport, I either take the mrt or take a cab and left my car at home.

U might be right mrt might create little impression to the wealthy but it can be an added bonus to buy a unit close to the mrt and yet exclusive location.

Those with no school-going children may turn their nose up at MRT but it's still valuable. Some like near Malls, good schools - so near MRT is another tick to have.

Dont forget the kids dont drive to school so as the maids and the older people who cant really see clearly to drive. The mrt is still useful even to affluent residents in many other ways than none. I myself dont drive if i need to go to the airport, I either take the mrt or take a cab and left my car at home.

U might be right mrt might create little impression to the wealthy but it can be an added bonus to buy a unit close to the mrt and yet exclusive location.

I was at the Meyerise showflat yesterday bring my client from Indonesia to take a look. Most of its 4 bedroom units are sold except for a handful of low floor units. My client even asks me to check with the developer agent if there are any buyers there on a high floor above 15th storey looking to subsale. He willing to give them a 10% profit from the sale price i,e, if the 4 bedroom unit cost $4 million for example, he willing to to buy it from them at $4.4 million before option exercised. I was advising him against the foolish idea but he simply fell in love with the development and the location.

So talking about property market softening...I am just clueless now. Maybe to these people $4 million is just small change ? And seaview is definitely getting even more prime than ever. Some people willing to pay for the sky for seaview units.

quite agree with above. Most of the time, i only discovered i can afford the lower floor....haahaha

There is one distinct pattern which I notice in new launch condos with sea facing. Price psf can jump a lot from floor to floor. For eg. units on the 2nd to 6th floor can sell at $1500psf whereas units on 7th to 12th floor can sell at $1650psf and then we see units from 13th floor to 17th floor with partial sea views jump transacting at $2000psf onwards whereas 18th floor - 23rd floor already start asking at $2200psf. Of course units from 24th floor onwards can ask for the sky at around $2500psf. And interestingly the higher floor units are sold first. This is a pattern that we will see throughout in all future new developments around Amber/Meyer areas with seaview. Next year will be interesting year to watch as several (4-5) freehold enbloc condos in Meyer, Amber and Marine Parade will be launched.

quite agree with above. Most of the time, i only discovered i can afford the lower floor....haahaha

[quote=Shawn]Tanjong Rhu has no freehold except for those condos near fort road and Waterside. Those condos inside like Waterplace, Pebble Bay and Sanctuary Green etc are all 99 years and they are about 5-15 years old on average. Their psf prices range from $1000-$1400psf the highest. I used to stay there for a long time so i know that place very well.

Amongst the cluster of developments in the Tanjong Rhu area, there is however only one freehold project...and that is Parkshore which is sited just opposite Pebble Bay. Not a lot of people are aware of it, including Shawn..

can we compare between Bukit Timah area and Meyer area?
    There will be MRT serving private condos in Bukit Timah area, but the prices there seems to have hit a brick wall. and it will be finished much earlier than ERL. However, MRT locations is yet unknown for ERL, so only speculation hype for Meyer area?
    Just trying to compare apples and apples.

[quote=tkc2263]
    Tanjong Rhu has no freehold except for those condos near fort road and Waterside. Those condos inside like Waterplace, Pebble Bay and Sanctuary Green etc are all 99 years and they are about 5-15 years old on average. Their psf prices range from $1000-$1400psf the highest. I used to stay there for a long time so i know that place very well.

Amongst the cluster of developments in the Tanjong Rhu area, there is however only one freehold project...and that is Parkshore which is sited just opposite Pebble Bay. Not a lot of people are aware of it, including Shawn..
    I am aware of Parkshore its just one very old condo hidden between Costa Rhu and Sanctuary Green and its not worth mentioning cause its transactions dont seem to impress me. I probably know more about Tanjong Rhu than anyone here. I been living in that area since 1998-2004 and then moved out and then came back and rent there from 2007-2008.

There will be MRT serving private condos in Bukit Timah area, but the prices there seems to have hit a brick wall. and it will be finished much earlier than ERL. However, MRT locations is yet unknown for ERL, so only speculation hype for Meyer area?
    If you ask me from an investment view, I believe in the long run, Meyer Road/Amber hold better potential than Bukit Timah. Some areas of BT are extremely congested after working hours (i.e. 5-7pm) making that location very undesirable for vehicle owners. In addition BT has no seaview and its not really that close to city-city.

Meyer/Amber on the other hand is getting closer to city with the completion of Marina Coastal Expressway next year. In addition, it is also closer to the Changi Airport facilitating business travels. With the mrt up and coming, Meyer/Amber will definitely beat BT area, no doubt about that.

The Marina East project (that large empty parcel of land) is not going to be empty forever. Whereas BT is almost fully occupied territory in Singapore with no more big land parcel available for future development except Bukit Timah hill.
    Last edited by Shawn; 13-10-11 at 03:47.

Btw a sub-penthouse unit at Meyerise has just been sold few weeks back at a price of more than $10 million for a 4000 sq.ft unit (i.e. roughly $2500psf). This is not the biggest penthouse in the development which is still available. In addition, I just manage to close a sale of a unit at Meyerise for $2250psf for a 16th floor 3 bedroom unit.

Seems like the market is not as quiet as the news reported, definitely not in the prime east coast area.