Thread: A/C Ledge in Condominiums

Default A/C Ledge in Condominiums

Is A/C ledge included in the total floor area in condominiums? If so, it will be another unusable space just like planter...

Quote Originally Posted by showa8
    Is A/C ledge included in the total floor area in condominiums? If so, it will be another unusable space just like planter...
    Unless the air con compressors do not belong to you. Otherwise, it will be included.

Take your highlighter and colour in Red for air-con ledge, Orange for planter, and Yellow for balcony, bay-windows.

Red = No value, Orange = 25-35% value and Yellow = 50-65% value.

Your 'liveable' space is less and your're actually paying more PSF.

that's bad! blood-s*%king developers!!! I tot a/c ledge is included in the floor area only when u have a cover over it???

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Unless the air con compressors do not belong to you. Otherwise, it will be included.

Quote Originally Posted by gn108
    Take your highlighter and colour in Red for air-con ledge, Orange for planter, and Yellow for balcony, bay-windows.

Red = No value, Orange = 25-35% value and Yellow = 50-65% value.

Your 'liveable' space is less and your're actually paying more PSF.
    Some planter boxes are located just outside the windows and they are absolutely useless so = Red color also if you don't plant!

Balcony, planter boxes and bay windows etc can make a home a more enjoyable home if overall it increases the different spaces to enjoy. So I will look at it as a whole package if it suits me and see if the price is right. Aircon ledge is quite standard but see if the positioning will affect your view, noise and heat, and therefore the overall feel of a lovely and warm home.

if you got green fingers i understand the planter bit, but for bay window, the protrusion is really unnecessary and wasted, especially when developers overdo it in condos like lincoln suites. Balconies are ok if they are of the right size and not like those in aristo. building huge aircon ledges is really a rip off to the buyer. i have seen tiny mickey mouse units with huge aircon ledges, really funny to see sometimes, owners already dying for space inside and the space is wasted on the huge aircon ledge

Quote Originally Posted by Mabel
    Balcony, planter boxes and bay windows etc can make a home a more enjoyable home if overall it increases the different spaces to enjoy. So I will look at it as a whole package if it suits me and see if the price is right. Aircon ledge is quite standard but see if the positioning will affect your view, noise and heat, and therefore the overall feel of a lovely and warm home.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    if you got green fingers i understand the planter bit, but for bay window, the protrusion is really unnecessary and wasted, especially when developers overdo it in condos like lincoln suites. Balconies are ok if they are of the right size and not like those in aristo. building huge aircon ledges is really a rip off to the buyer. i have seen tiny mickey mouse units with huge aircon ledges, really funny to see sometimes, owners already dying for space inside and the space is wasted on the huge aircon ledge
    Some air-con ledges are accessible and can be used as yard to dry clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Some air-con ledges are accessible and can be used as yard to dry clothes.
    Pay for it? Some common area are accessible for free..... Big big area

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Pay for it? Some common area are accessible for free..... Big big area
    Sounds like HDB, the entire corridor is FOC.

Should consider very carefully on the size of the air-conditionted ledge when buying a unit. Why pay so much for it!
    that's bad! blood-s*%king developers!!! I tot a/c ledge is included in the floor area only when u have a cover over it???

for the strata house, carpark lots are included as part of the built in, the staircase as well.

For those with double volume, the air space is counted to the built in strata. I think, this is the worst among all

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Sounds like HDB, the entire corridor is FOC.
    Laggi better if your unit is the corner one so the whole area is your PES. Can have shoe cabinet plus planter box plus laundry area, etc... LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Laggi better if your unit is the corner one so the whole area is your PES. Can have shoe cabinet plus planter box plus laundry area, etc... LOL!
    Sofa, bicycle, incense bin .....

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    for the strata house, carpark lots are included as part of the built in, the staircase as well.

For those with double volume, the air space is counted to the built in strata. I think, this is the worst among all
    Same goes to penthouses but they are usually compensated by lower psf. It carries a different status as well but u got to pay for it. Life is not always unfair

go see arc @ tampines floorplan. then you will fwah
    Affordable means small