Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: PE: Four-cornered fight for Presidential race

Senior

User Info Menu

But I must say govt very smart, tjs not qualified they allow him in for a reason. without either tjs or tkl, I think tcb will win.

Perennial

User Info Menu

"Whatever the outcome, the result will be seen as a major setback for Lee and his long-ruling People's Action Party (PAP), which saw its share of the popular vote fall to a record low of 60 percent during May parliamentary elections that saw the opposition make historic gains." - Reuters India

If not for all the Yes-men and Yes-women in civil service, TT would not have won. Though I sympathise with lowly-paid civil servants, I guess they deserve their salaries.

It's a real shame that most Singaporeans voted based on fear (for TT) and on emotions (TCB) when they should have voted based on candidate's ability to understand and apply financial and economic concepts (TJS).

Get ready for more of our reserves and taxes eroded due to losses to global markets and investments, use of reserves for the benefit of foreigners, wastage of reserves on benefits that do not spur real, sustainable growth and prosperity, while top civil servants pay themselves top salaries, do not hold themselves accountable when things go wrong and wear their pants too high.

Setback or victory, the arrogance of PAP continues.

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by evergreen
    when they should have voted based on candidate's ability to understand and apply financial and economic concepts (TJS).
    Really must bang head TJS is the least qualify if I must say, if only he didn't jump out to dilute the votes the outcome will be very different

Perennial

User Info Menu

That's your POV.
    25% of voters think he's the most qualified.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    But I must say govt very smart, tjs not qualified they allow him in for a reason.
    well, if only TJS didnt choose to try his luck right

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by evergreen
    That's your POV.
    25% of voters think he's the most qualified.
    Hee diehard opposition or nic seah fans Probably no one voted for him because of his personal capabilities, but becos of his brands under him

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by taggy
    well, if only TJS didnt choose to try his luck right
    Ya, very sickening

Senior

User Info Menu

This tkl should have just stepped aside not tjs judging from popularity. If tkl had not stood for election, the victory will clearly belong to tcb coz those who voted for tkl will never vote for tt. Imo tkl is the odd ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    Really must bang head TJS is the least qualify if I must say, if only he didn't jump out to dilute the votes the outcome will be very different

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    This tkl should have just stepped aside not tjs judging from popularity. If tkl had not stood for election, the victory will clearly belong to tcb coz those who voted for tkl will never vote for tt. Imo tkl is the odd ball.
    But from the sequence of events, it was TJS who came out suddenly and if I'm not wrong, and after tat, TKL wanted to withdraw but TJS said something nasty to him tat cause TKL to change his mind. So who's the bad guy here?

Anywhere the result cannot be changed anymore, we have to repent for the next 6 years

Perennial

User Info Menu

Very funny. After seeing the results, people complain so-and-so should have withdrawn blah blah. Why don't people say TT shouldn't have stood for election because he made PAP lau kui. All just good at saying, "on hindsight blah blah blah".