Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: PE: Four-cornered fight for Presidential race

Bricks & Mortar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Tjs has the support of majority of opposition voters that makes up roughly 40% of the voting population. If pap supporters split between tcb and tt and all who vote for opposition vote for tjs, then it is very clear who will be the winner.
    Opposition parties need to come out and endorse TJS more openly. This is my gut feel now:

TT: 40%
    TCB: 20% ( suspect he may get some of PAP voters and old folks )
    TKL:10% ( he will be able to get some of those sitting on the fence )
    TJS: 30% ( assume all opposition parties endorse him )

But campaign may tilt the the balance of the above.

User Info Menu

TKL no supporter ah?

Bricks & Mortar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by taggy
    TKL no supporter ah?
    While calls have been made by many for voters to vote independently of political party linkages ( ex linkages ), this is quite difficult in the minds of majority of voters I feel. End of the day, it could still be candidates from ex PAP vs ex Opposition..., and TKL because of his past with NTUC is seen to be still linked to PAP, even though the way he left NTUC suggest some fallout...

I guess people who vote for TKL may be drawn to his involvement in trying to voice on the past Lehman Bros saga and also the fact he openly declare he will give half of his salary away if elected....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Opposition parties need to come out and endorse TJS more openly.
    Have leh, I saw Nicole seah in TJS team

Bricks & Mortar

User Info Menu

Yes, I saw that too, but what about the rest of the opposition parties..., seem quiet, maybe silently they have got their supporters to TJS, just never announce...

Junior

User Info Menu

Alamak, Nicole Seah fever still not over? Lol

User Info Menu

Firstly, if 60.1% remain steadfast and vote TT, no need fight anymore la...

Also, Spore politics still very immature...
    Ideally, should be one vs one fight...but this just goes to show that PAP is heads and shoulders ahead, while 'opposition' naively split the fertile ground themselves by surfacing with 3 'good' candidates.

If upfront cannot cham siong and compromise, its foregone conclusion ~~ today's 4-corner election announcement just "confirmed" TT will slay all the rest!

Bricks & Mortar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TKT
    Firstly, if 60.1% remain steadfast and vote TT, no need fight anymore la...

Also, Spore politics still very immature...
    Ideally, should be one vs one fight...but this just goes to show that PAP is heads and shoulders ahead, while 'opposition' naively split the fertile ground themselves by surfacing with 3 'good' candidates.

If upfront cannot cham siong and compromise, its foregone conclusion ~~ today's 4-corner election announcement just "confirmed" TT will slay all the rest!

Yes...4 corner fight likely to leave 3 non Union backed candidates wounded. These 3 quite difficult to give in to one and other becos they each fight for somewhat different cause:

TCB: I would see that he is the ruling party political offshoot who dun see eye to eye with current Gov, but still pretty much in the mould of the PAP of the old ideology ( was 1st to declare his intention, probably hope that it will be a straight 2 way fight )

TKL: no political backing, got an axe to grind with NTUC...( best candidate to give way, but did not)

TJS: opposition backed..., how to step aside and give way.., he needs to answer to his supporters..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Yes...4 corner fight likely to leave 3 non Union backed candidates wounded. These 3 quite difficult to give in to one and other becos they each fight for somewhat different cause:

TCB: I would see that he is the ruling party political offshoot who dun see eye to eye with current Gov, but still pretty much in the mould of the PAP of the old ideology ( was 1st to declare his intention, probably hope that it will be a straight 2 way fight )

TKL: no political backing, got an axe to grind with NTUC...( best candidate to give way, but did not)

TJS: opposition backed..., how to step aside and give way.., he needs to answer to his supporters..

Thats why its called cham siong and compromise... that also cannot achieve, in the end all empty handed...

imho, TCB should had tried harder to be the consensus vote...once it was clear that there will be 2 others besides him against TT...
    talk to TKL, bring him along as his vp or council of elders or something later, discuss, compromise, work together...
    as for TJS, who is he? neber heard of him until the recent elections...and frankly not impressed with him at all so far, be it corporate success nor any significant track record of public service... he should wait and give way to TCB this time...and work hard for next 6 years to show he has the qualities to be the next president...

Anyway, now too late lar...
    I talk kok sing song only hor, dont too serious...

Bricks & Mortar

User Info Menu

Power of new media, facebook and twitter may again play a big part to sway voters who are Internet savvy....as we see in recent GE..., but TT seemed very confident...