Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Our properties prices are dropping!

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    i think its silly to assume hot money flow into singapore is mainly to buy properties....
    why not singapore stocks?

so far, those who bought last month are mainly locals so i think foreign investors are still staying away... with all the recent cooling measures....

on a broader picture.... you can see HK housing prices are already on its way down... so their measures are showing effect....
    will SG follow???
    hello bro, u maybe correct.
    http://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/Mai...54427.html?x=0

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Where got time to talk to moron like you? Past 1 week make $100k from trading! Wah ha ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    no, not going to retire. How can I retire if I am having such fun watching you guys up to your eyebrows with prime properties getting slaughtered by the coming correction.

haha, so much fun. where is teddy when you need someone to laugh at.

How to do trading? I never traded stocks before...

Correction of property prices in Singapore is inevitable but it will not crash back to 2004 level due to inflation over the last 7y and market full of hot money waiting to make a killing. I think a minimum of 20% correction is coming (i.e. 1000 -> 800psf, 2000-> 1600psf)

Thomson Grand/CAPL's Bishan's could be remembered as another peak price pt again

For the fundamentals, read the following fr Marc Faber:

Financial conditions are today worse than they were prior to the crisis in 2008. The fiscal deficits have exploded and the political system in both the U.S. and Europe has become completely dysfunctional.

For the technical side, Dow @ 10k will be the key support level, if QE3 does not come out, God bless America

10y SGS yield 1.54% ... ppl are willing to lend money to Singapore government for 10y for 1.54% interest only !!!
    Ride at your own risk !!!

My personal wish is that Balestier (D12) side will correct to 1000psf price point again.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Why do u say properties are getting relatively cheaper?
    Unless you have bought lots of gold at its low?
    So the properties are relatively cheaper to u not to everyone.
    C'mon, there are some many property agents surfing here, give them some freedom to sing the right tune accordingly. Give them some chance lah.

Isuites at e Kovan is giving discount of $20k?

Do you guys think bliss@kovan is a good price? The location seems very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Do you guys think bliss@kovan is a good price? The location seems very good.
    If u dun mind e traffic along upper serangoon, n like to take mrt, it is quite good. V limited 1 bedder! Muz grab!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Correction of property prices in Singapore is inevitable but it will not crash back to 2004 level due to inflation over the last 7y and market full of hot money waiting to make a killing. I think a minimum of 20% correction is coming (i.e. 1000 -> 800psf, 2000-> 1600psf)

Thomson Grand/CAPL's Bishan's could be remembered as another peak price pt again

For the fundamentals, read the following fr Marc Faber:

Financial conditions are today worse than they were prior to the crisis in 2008. The fiscal deficits have exploded and the political system in both the U.S. and Europe has become completely dysfunctional.

For the technical side, Dow @ 10k will be the key support level, if QE3 does not come out, God bless America

10y SGS yield 1.54% ... ppl are willing to lend money to Singapore government for 10y for 1.54% interest only !!!
    a good one....

just use simple terms. If u think Lehman is a peanut. The new problem is a coconut!

hahahahaa....

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    a good one....

just use simple terms. If u think Lehman is a peanut. The new problem is a coconut!

hahahahaa....
    in 2008 bailout of banks,

now bailout of countries!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71

yeah! how abt Mars bailout Earth?

Germany DAX down 25% in less than one month .... is Europe worse than the US?!

HP worse, down 20% yesterday
    Last edited by phantom_opera; 20-08-11 at 13:18.

a lot a lot of noises... a lot fundamentals as well... hard to tell which is which...
    Our little red dot is in special position, in this special situation...

Quote Originally Posted by limfc
    a lot a lot of noises... a lot fundamentals as well... hard to tell which is which...
    Our little red dot is in special position, in this special situation...
    What's special about SG?

If property stock is a leading indicator ... brace yourself for at least 20% correction in prop market. Note the distance of the index from its 200dMA is at its worst since the last recovery.

And bear in mind the government regulation is at its worst ever, 4y SSD, 2nd loan @ 60% LTV, must sell private once buy resale HDB ... flood of 50k new HDBs this n next year .... flood of GLS / ECs ... the list goes on... the only saving grace from a crash is probably just rock bottom interest rate

Prop agents must find another job soon
    Last edited by phantom_opera; 20-08-11 at 14:30.

Elliot Wave say short gold 100% with stop loss at 1950.

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71

in 2008, print a bit of money.

now, print a lot of money.

who's picking the tab? the next generation.

Make sure have an exit strategy in your property investment. Better sell and recognise profit than take a risk. Don't be greedy

Quote Originally Posted by ronyyk76
    C'mon, there are some many property agents surfing here, give them some freedom to sing the right tune accordingly. Give them some chance lah.
    Eh, I no property agent leh.
    I have a recession proof job.
    I am just giving my view that I feel that the property market in Singapore is not going to fall anytime.
    Even if fall, it will not affect me cos I don't speculate.

If property stock is a leading indicator ... brace yourself for at least 20% correction in prop market. Note the distance of the index from its 200dMA is at its worst since the last recovery.

And bear in mind the government regulation is at its worst ever, 4y SSD, 2nd loan @ 60% LTV, must sell private once buy resale HDB ... flood of 50k new HDBs this n next year .... flood of GLS / ECs ... the list goes on... the only saving grace from a crash is probably just rock bottom interest rate
    Prop agents must find another job soon
    Was looking at classified. Many is asking $1.5kpsf for esta and amber. Don't look like the price is going to fall soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    Was looking at classified. Many is asking $1.5kpsf for esta and amber. Don't look like the price is going to fall soon.
    Even though the crocodiles are shouting price droppings, it could
    take some time for the flamingos to come out & hunt for food & fall prey as they are well fed this time round and the food supply at home is really cheap at negative rate...

Quote Originally Posted by 3C
    take some time for the flamingos to come out & hunt for food & fall prey as they are well fed this time round and the food supply at home is really cheap at negative rate...
    Or a higher being can save the flamingoes by slaughtering the crocodiles for their leather......

Quote Originally Posted by 3C
    Many crocodiles are swimming at my estate. After sending the crocs away, I overheard agents saying most are just looking/shopping around. Looks like many are waiting for price to fall.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Many crocodiles are swimming at my estate. After sending the crocs away, I overheard agents saying most are just looking/shopping around. Looks like many are waiting for price to fall.
    Maybe the crocodiles will become girraffes as they wait until their neck grow so long.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Eh, I no property agent leh.
    I have a recession proof job.
    I am just giving my view that I feel that the property market in Singapore is not going to fall anytime.
    Even if fall, it will not affect me cos I don't speculate.
    You are a mortician / undertaker? That's the only recession-proof job I can think of.

Speculators make the market crash and the crash affects everyone. Bad government spends the nation's country (or money that the country does not even have) and that affects everyone too. If the government prints more money, your $1 is not worth $1 any more. Of course you are affected.

Hoping property price will stay at this level is simply unrealistic as we are living in a globalized world. If Amber asking price still firm, elsewhere like HK/Shanghai may have gone down by 10% and eventually Amber will need to lower their asking prices by 10% too.

It is not the end of the world and long term potential of SG prop market is good. However, nothing goes up in straight line

Quote Originally Posted by evergreen
    You are a mortician / undertaker? That's the only recession-proof job I can think of.

Speculators make the market crash and the crash affects everyone. Bad government spends the nation's country (or money that the country does not even have) and that affects everyone too. If the government prints more money, your $1 is not worth $1 any more. Of course you are affected.
    Hahaha...there are more recession proof jobs around.
    My $1 put in the bank will become less if I leave it there.
    Even if there is a 10-20% price adjustment in property, I can wait.
    I believe in 10 years time it will be more than what I have put in, including the bits and ends. That's the time frame I am looking at.

Aug. 15 (Bloomberg) -- Derek Ma and his family in May sold two of their eight properties in Hong Kong, doubling their money in four years. They’re struggling to sell the other six.

“We have been trying to offload more, but many sellers are now cutting prices,” said Ma, 36, whose portfolio includes units mainly in the upscale Mid-levels and Island South districts. “There’s definitely a softening in prices.”

Hong Kong home values, which surged 70 percent in the past two-and-a-half years and outperformed stocks, are set for their biggest decline since Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. collapsed in September 2008 as land supply increases and global growth slows. Midland Holdings Ltd. and Centaline Property Agency Ltd., the Chinese city’s two biggest real estate agents, said home prices are being reduced by as much as 10 percent.

“We should see at least a 5 percent further correction in the second half if the crisis in the U.S. and Europe deepens,” said Sylvia Wong, a Hong Kong-based analyst at UOB Kay Hian Ltd. “If there’s enough panic in the market, we expect to see more price cuts.”

Cool

Hoping property price will stay at this level is simply unrealistic as we are living in a globalized world. If Amber asking price still firm, elsewhere like HK/Shanghai may have gone down by 10% and eventually Amber will need to lower their asking prices by 10% too.

It is not the end of the world and long term potential of SG prop market is good. However, nothing goes up in straight line
    EuHabitat was selling very well today. showroom was packed throughout in the pm,saw many cheques presented. there were many enthusiastic buyers,was wondering if the recent meltdown had no effect on them?