Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Our properties prices are dropping!

I received an SMS from an agent a few days ago on shophouses on sale:
    1) Sembawang - S$3M FH 2sty 1000/1700 SF near Khatib camp.
    2) East Coast - S$3M FH 2 sty 1000/1700 SF opp Roxy Sq.
    3) Tg Katong - $3M FH 2 sty 1350/2200 SF near famous Punggol Nasi Lemak
    4) HDB Shophouse @ Clementi - S$7.5M, Bal 66 yrs, approx 4000 SF and 10 mins to MRT & Clementi Mall.

The one that caught my eyes was No. 4 which has balance of 66 yrs!

Evergreen relax my friend... Stalingrad is a celebrity here and his style is well known

Back to topic. Pty prices cannot defy logic. If STI drops to 1### , do you think ppl still have the guts to enter market ? All those ppl waiting for a dip to enter will not enter, regardless of the price. So a correction is inevitable. However, thanks to low interest rate and MBT's lending restriction measures, many may not need to firesale. So a crash is probably not likely either. The brave ones will fish for value buys at this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Evergreen relax my friend... Stalingrad is a celebrity here and his style is well known

Back to topic. Pty prices cannot defy logic. If STI drops to 1### , do you think ppl still have the guts to enter market ? All those ppl waiting for a dip to enter will not enter, regardless of the price. So a correction is inevitable. However, thanks to low interest rate and MBT's lending restriction measures, many may not need to firesale. So a crash is probably not likely either. The brave ones will fish for value buys at this moment.
    if that the case..agents might be affected in some extend. gd 6

If STI drops to 1xxx, it is a crash.. Many people will chalk up huge losses and hold huge debts.. Many will be in a hurry to dispose of their assets.. That's how firesales come about..

And for a 1xxx STI to happen, many jobs should be lost also.. No job or 50% paycut will cause some to dispose their properties too..

If correction, little or no firesale.. If crash, property market sure crash deep deep..

And honestly, if stock/property market crashes, those with a good investment mind, will not buy properties unless they love to stay there.. If STI drop to 1xxx, the investor with many bullets or missiles can just choose a fundamentally-solid blue chip and easily reap 3-4 folds when economy recovers. Property is slower and offer less returns..

I can tell. That's why my response was just factual. No thanks to people who don't check before insisting that they are right, people in Europe and Australia/NZ don't understand what Singaporeans are saying.

Agree that people waiting for a dip will not enter the market during the dip.
    But I won't say a correction is inevitable. Because we have to consider whether there are others who are still buying regardless of price will outnumber the ones that will talk all day and never buy.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    sauces of your articles? man, did you even graduate from primary school?
    Oh no, you never learn! If I were you, I will keep quiet on other's english if I myself make error. There are many spelling errors you made in this forum which nobody bother to comment at all.

Haha, you made me laugh so hard, I almost threw up. If you were right, then why don't you live on jurong island, or live in a garbage incinarator. Come to think of it, why don't you live in a lab with SARs virus, since, according to you, there are no variations across parts of Singapore in terms of air quality.

Haha, only naive people like you can make statements like that. Just go compare air quality between a bus depot and the botanic garden. there will be a big variation. anyone would know that.

Quote Originally Posted by linchong84
    If STI drop to 1xxx, the investor with many bullets or missiles can just choose a fundamentally-solid blue chip and easily reap 3-4 folds when economy recovers. Property is slower and offer less returns..
    agree on this. the stock returns 3-4folds,and properties are lagging behind as it take months to lodge a higher caveat.

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Property lemmings die pain! pain!
    Perhaps the oldest trade is the best recession-proof business of all times.

Just saw an article last night that Gu QingLou(古青楼) opens in Macau and Cai Lan is rather happy that his dream is fulfilled. Maybe you can consider opening one in Singapore.
    http://blog.omy.sg/wbnews/

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar
    Perhaps the oldest trade is the best recession-proof business of all times.

Just saw an article last night that Gu QingLou(古青楼) opens in Macau and Cai Lan is rather happy that his dream is fulfilled. Maybe you can consider opening one in Singapore.
    http://blog.omy.sg/wbnews/
    DON'T scroll down to the 2nd picture.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    The biggest difference probably between SG and other countries is when economic is going downhill, SG properties are still selling like hot cakes and developers are pushing projects after projects at record prices and buyers are still packing the showflats! Amazing, isn't it? Even when figures all across the globe are showing red, Singaporeans are oblivious or ignorant! Hmmm... interesting to watch how long this trend, rally, whatever you call it, will persist!
    My take on this is: Money has to flow somewhere. When US prints more money, it will flow out of their country to somewhere else. The world is not going to have recession at the same time. Somewhere will prosper during this period. Likewise, if ordinary folks like us don't put money in the bank because interest is pathetic, where would we put it in?
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

this is the same person that spelled "sought after" "sort after". He can't pronounce the word properly, and that explains why he can't spell it.

Singaporean pronounce "source" and "sauce" the same way, and now they spell them the same way too.

singapores pronounce "sort" and "sought" the same way, and now they spell them the same way too.

I think you guys better stick to your chinese.
    You are an interesting character. I still stick to my sauce haha

this (This) is the same person that(who) spelled "sought after" (as) "sort after". He can't (cannot)pronounce the word properly,(no comma needed) and that explains why he can't(cannot) spell it.

Singaporean (Singaporeans) pronounce "source" and "sauce" the same way, (no comma needed)and now they spell them the same way too.

singapores(Singaporeans) pronounce "sort" and "sought" the same way,(no comma needed) and now they spell them the same way too.

I think you guys better (should just) stick (adhere) to your chinese(Chinese language).
    May I humbly make some corrections (in brackets) to your post above?

Wah forum became english class.

like that very stress leh, have to check and recheck before posting....

England not so powerful leh....

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    Wah forum became english class.

like that very stress leh, have to check and recheck before posting....

England not so powerful leh....
    headache leh..england not powerful cannot post liao?

Walau eh!! I hokkien peng now stress sia... my england also sibeh jialet

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Mr fclim, you English teacher?
    Your england very powderful!

Wah... Asian Shag Ang Mo.... ahem... Shame can?

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    it don't matter to score in language, or posts. most importantly we must score in life, isn't it??

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    it don't matter to score in language, or posts. most importantly we must score in life, isn't it??
    You want to score, pay $50 for my fish tank variety types and take your pick

Singaporeans revolutionise and economise the English language and we speak unpretentiously and unreservedly about the things we feel in a diverse range of ways (including the use of other languages apart from English) as and when we deem necessary to convey certain moods and emotions limited to so-called native english speakers like you. Days of cumbersome English will soon be over in Singapore, not that we do not know grammar or the right pronunciation but because we choose to use the English language the way we like and to our convenience. Please don't come here to teach us English coz you are effectively still stuck in your monolingual world when we have evolved to use English in conjunction with a myriad of languages. England had colonised so many countries in the past but the sad truth is they have learnt nothing till this day of the cultures and civilisations of the countries they once ruled over.

this is the same person that spelled "sought after" "sort after". He can't pronounce the word properly, and that explains why he can't spell it.

Singaporean pronounce "source" and "sauce" the same way, and now they spell them the same way too.

singapores pronounce "sort" and "sought" the same way, and now they spell them the same way too.

I think you guys better stick to your chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    Hehe.. Just dun score own goals..

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    You want to score, pay $50 for my fish tank variety types and take your pick
    Someone here told me your varieties come packaged with armpit hair. Is that the reason why it costs $50?

So is it because property prices are not falling that we are quick to distract ourselves with learning English as well as talking about Geylang OKT's chicks? LOL!

So if double dip is not coming, what can we expect from these couple of weeks' ups and downs?

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel
    Someone here told me your varieties come packaged with armpit hair. Is that the reason why it costs $50?
    Well..... for an extra $20, you are welcome to help pluck out our fish tank girls' armpit hair strand by strand

I assure you, it's value for money

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    So is it because property prices are not falling that we are quick to distract ourselves with learning English as well as talking about Geylang OKT's chicks? LOL!

So if double dip is not coming, what can we expect from these couple of weeks' ups and downs?
    Hmm.....

Some good launches near MRT are coming up. We are near year end bonus period also. HDB resales and rental markets are exceptionally good these few years, and will continue to be so for the next 2 years. HDB has launched 25k of new HDBs in 2011 and will be launching another 25k for 2012 [1]. We are also launching new MRT lines, building Jurong Lake District, Marina Bay Financial District and Paya Lebar Central. I expect the pte property prices of new launches here to maintain or go up in the short term due to constraints in manpower, equipment and materials (and land!).

Our trade figures (2/3 of total trade are in Asia) and export market (2/3 of total export are also in Asia) are relatively strong due to population growth and urbanization [2]. Growths in Asia are generally projected to be healthy in 2011 and 2012. [3]

My opinion is we are in an era of inflation over the next few years. I welcome alternative opinions for discussion

Ref:
    [1] http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10296p....0?OpenDocument
    [2] http://www.singstat.gov.sg/pubn/refe...atsT-trade.pdf
    [3] http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/...car042711A.htm

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Some good launches near MRT are coming up. We are near year end bonus period also. HDB resales and rental markets are exceptionally good these few years, and will continue to be so for the next 2 years. HDB has launched 25k of new HDBs in 2011 and will be launching another 25k for 2012 [1]. We are also launching new MRT lines, building Jurong Lake District, Marina Bay Financial District and Paya Lebar Central. I expect the pte property prices of new launches here to maintain or go up in the short term due to constraints in manpower, equipment and materials (and land!).

Our trade figures (2/3 of total trade are in Asia) and export market (2/3 of total export are also in Asia) are relatively strong due to population growth and urbanization [2]. Growths in Asia are generally projected to be healthy in 2011 and 2012. [3]

My opinion is we are in an era of inflation over the next few years. I welcome alternative opinions for discussion

Ref:
    [1] http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10296p....0?OpenDocument
    [2] http://www.singstat.gov.sg/pubn/refe...atsT-trade.pdf
    [3] http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/...car042711A.htm
    Depending on which industry you are in. I don't suppose every industry has bonuses this year end, less fat ones!

Tan Jee Say's 500k salary offer definitely is an alarming idea to PAP elites Can he be arrested under ISA?

Ok, enough said, no more politics.

Back to economy, market is looking at Fed's Friday's meeting .... better give positive QE3 hints earlier
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Tan Jee Say's 500k salary offer definitely is an alarming idea to PAP elites Can he be arrested under ISA?

Ok, enough said, no more politics.

Back to economy, market is looking at Fed's Friday's meeting .... better give positive QE3 hints earlier
    Which one will come out first? QE3 hint or the salary review?

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel
    since when does it cost $50? not $40 for fish tank varieties?