Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Our properties prices are dropping!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Tan Jee Say's 500k salary offer definitely is an alarming idea to PAP elites Can he be arrested under ISA?

Ok, enough said, no more politics.

Back to economy, market is looking at Fed's Friday's meeting .... better give positive QE3 hints earlier
    lucky for TJS president's salary tax free.
    if have to giveaway $3.5mil and still have to pay income tax for full amount of $4mil...

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    lucky for TJS president's salary tax free.
    if have to giveaway $3.5mil and still have to pay income tax for full amount of $4mil...
    Sekali pay review commision say President's pay should be $400k only. then how? haha... can be a "self snook". too quick and shoot from the hip...

Quote Originally Posted by SpinCity
    Which one will come out first? QE3 hint or the salary review?
    QE doesn't solve the root problem... sigh! Why still must have QE3?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Tan Jee Say's 500k salary offer definitely is an alarming idea to PAP elites Can he be arrested under ISA?

Ok, enough said, no more politics.

Back to economy, market is looking at Fed's Friday's meeting .... better give positive QE3 hints earlier
    chances of QE3 quite slim. where is proud owner??? he might have some "news"

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    chances of QE3 quite slim. where is proud owner??? he might have some "news"
    QE3 is coming by Nov 2012.

My humble guess...

Sing Dollar will be 1:1 to US dollar...

My humble guess again.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    QE doesnt solve root cause but it does have the effect to push up the mkt, even short term. beside QE nothing else can excite the mkt anymore. w/o QE mkt will continue to go crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    QE doesnt solve root cause but it does have the effect to push up the mkt, even short term. beside QE nothing else can excite the mkt anymore. w/o QE mkt will continue to go crazy.
    Its a desperate move...

It has to be done.

It will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    QE3 is coming by Nov 2012.

My humble guess...

Sing Dollar will be 1:1 to US dollar...

My humble guess again.
    My guess is it will not be called QE3 but it will have the effect of creating 'feel good' effect among the voters in 2012 to boost spending and cause US property and stock market to temporarily recover. It could be something like our own precinct upgrading programmes and announcement of MRT stations etc before election. I estimate the time frame around Q2 2012 so that the effects are more visible by Q4 2012 when the election is due.

Hey u know what? Can US do anything else? Cut spending? Raise Tax? throw you some freebies? Really doubt so leh.

Even if so, feel good only for a while, after that cooling measures leh or kanna cooled..

We also like that right?

Its a desperate move...

It has to be done.

It will be done.
    so is it good to buy and hold some stock while waiting for QE3

Hey u know what? Can US do anything else? Cut spending? Raise Tax? throw you some freebies? Really doubt so leh.

Even if so, feel good only for a while, after that cooling measures leh or kanna cooled..

We also like that right?
    Perhaps that's why the QE3 has not been announced yet. Later all cooled down before the US election in Nov 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Perhaps that's why the QE3 has not been announced yet. Later all cooled down before the US election in Nov 2012.
    Timing is probably the most crucial thing now. That is why so many forumers are projecting 2013 as the year or reckoning for our world economy. US default delayed till 2013, EU debtors may also default right about that time. All waiting to catch the falling durians. Just be careful not to be pierced by these dangerous falling objects!

QE is never the solution to the root problem, however, can you imagine where we would be if there had been no QE1?
    People criticize QE2 for not bring us to anywhere, however, without QE2, most likely we would be in a much worse shape now. To some extent QE2 prevent the world economy from further deteriorating
    QEs are never the solution to the fundamental problems, but it does buy some time for US to find the real solution
    Whether the US politicians can find one with perfect execution is another matter

Some sign of cooling?
    The Seaview #04-09, 3 bedder
    THE SEA VIEW AMBER ROAD Condominium 1 1,932,500 1,410 Strata 1,370 Jul-11

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    Some sign of cooling?
    I am not superstitious but this house number a bit unfortunate leh... thinking of resale point of view. This unit number may be hard to re-sell.

Some sign of cooling?
    This is a very lousy unit, facing the main road and BBQ pit

i remember viewing this unit, seller say will not sell below $1450psft...
    so i guess he was bluffing....

yeah, that's a lousy facing unit and its on the 4th floor. all they'll see is will be silversea in future.

QE is never the solution to the root problem, however, can you imagine where we would be if there had been no QE1?
    People criticize QE2 for not bring us to anywhere, however, without QE2, most likely we would be in a much worse shape now. To some extent QE2 prevent the world economy from further deteriorating
    QEs are never the solution to the fundamental problems, but it does buy some time for US to find the real solution
    Whether the US politicians can find one with perfect execution is another matter
    This Friday Ben announcing his proposed measures to aid the ailing US economy. What do you think he'll say huh? More money coming into our economy?

This Friday Ben announcing his proposed measures to aid the ailing US economy. What do you think he'll say huh? More money coming into our economy?
    I have no idea what he will say on Fri. Being only a monetary measure, QEs can only buy time. QE2 is not withdrawn from the market yet so the liquidity is not really the issue. What dominates the market now are the uncertainty and fear. I guess he may say something to reassure the market that the Fed will take all the necessary actions promptly whenever there is a need. Don't think he will make any explicit commitments so soon in addition to the one of keeping interest rate low until 2013.

The key to me is actually to bring the confidence back to US households and SMEs for them to spend and hire within their means to keep the economy rolling. It is time to overhaul the fiscal policy to devise a real solution which shall come from President Obama

I have no idea what he will say on Fri. Being only a monetary measure, QEs can only buy time. QE2 is not withdrawn from the market yet so the liquidity is not really the issue. What dominates the market now are the uncertainty and fear. I guess he may say something to reassure the market that the Fed will take all the necessary actions promptly whenever there is a need. Don't think he will make any explicit commitments so soon in addition to the one of keeping interest rate low until 2013.

The key to me is actually to bring the confidence back to US households and SMEs for them to spend and hire within their means to keep the economy rolling. It is time to overhaul the fiscal policy to devise a real solution which shall come from President Obama
    The world is really in a turmoil. The S&P head resigning next month... after downgrading US status? Hmm... Where to park cash? Don't think gold is anymore viable after those alarming surges. FD? Another property?

The world is really in a turmoil. The S&P head resigning next month... after downgrading US status? Hmm... Where to park cash? Don't think gold is anymore viable after those alarming surges. FD? Another property?
    put in stocks lah....
    accumulate slowly..... pick carefully....
    so many choices actually....

put in stocks lah....
    accumulate slowly..... pick carefully....
    so many choices actually....
    Stocks are currently too volatile, swinging from one end of the pendulum to the other like nobody's business! Gradual increment is probably the best option but think I'll just wait awhile more and see what's going on in next couple of weeks or months before committing with a longer view! In the mean time, must catch up on sleep!

stocks are liquid, u can run if things go bad.... and if u pick correctly, like telcoms, utilities, transportation, they are not volatile and provide very good dividend...

not sure why you are looking to buy properties now considering this sector is at its peak with govt trying to cool it down with plenty of measures and the impending supply boom in the next 3yrs?

stocks are liquid, u can run if things go bad.... and if u pick correctly, like telcoms, utilities, transportation, they are not volatile and provide very good dividend...

not sure why you are looking to buy properties now considering this sector is at its peak with govt trying to cool it down with plenty of measures and the impending supply boom in the next 3yrs?
    Not trying to buy properties yet. Now is not the ideal time to enter for investment. Waiting by the side and watching carefully! Telcom sounds ok. Airline?

Not trying to buy properties yet. Now is not the ideal time to enter for investment. Waiting by the side and watching carefully! Telcom sounds ok. Airline?
    Why not just park your cash in FD?
    Actually, I do think that investing in stock now is not a bad idea if have spare cash. No need to show hand for one big shot but enter in phases to average up or down the costs and be patient.
    As for properties, unless seeing something I really really like, I will wait until next year the earliest to buy for investment. I feel that people are still looking to buy, mostly for own-stay, but are more cautious. Property price may still go up due to low interest rate, but very unlikely it will run away if it does go up. Still get chance to jump in if see the boat is leaving but this scenario is not going to happen very soon, I reckon

Actually, I do think that investing in stock now is not a bad idea if have spare cash. No need to show hand for one big shot but enter in phases to average up or down the costs and be patient.
    As for properties, unless seeing something I really really like, I will wait until next year the earliest to buy for investment. I feel that people are still looking to buy, mostly for own-stay, but are more cautious. Property price may still go up due to low interest rate, but very unlikely it will run away if it does go up. Still get chance to jump in if see the boat is leaving but this scenario is not going to happen very soon, I reckon
    agree with you fully.... from the cash i made from my sale, i am entering into equities, slowly and selectively... because they have fallen not 10% but some by 20%. but will never go all in as i am still looking for the next place for own stay, so some bullets must be available for that OTP.

from my viewings so far, there are a lot of ppl with huge portfolios in properties and i noticed already some are diversifying now, switching to commercial/retail or some to equities. so the barganing process starts at least ....

Agreed! I already parked in FD and will take the small profit out upon maturity to subsidize my year end holiday! I may not make huge money but certainly not incur any losses as some investors have in the current highly volatile market! Next year then re-evaluate my position and portfolio again!

Luxus hills latest transaction for 1615 sq ft is 2.3 mil.

Luxus Hills are all >3000sqft.
    Is there such unit only 1615sqft?