Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131823283338 ... LastLast

Thread: A Treasure Trove - New condo at Punggol by Sim Lian Group

in fact, their floor plan is rather standard with some variations regardless of east, west or north, CCR or OCR.

I found floor plans of Carabelle, Amery, Lincoln Resi, Rochelle at Newton, Waterview, this ATT and a few others all very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    For SL, since years back, they always come with a bigger open yard at the back....
    and also, they have the cheapest showflat in the market as well....everything mock up...cannot open.....all the wallrobe....kitchen cabinet...not sure whether is it the same for this project....

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    not bad liao lah, compared to some of the other new launches.

compared to which launches? saw the attached floor plan type D1. 3 big separate balconies plus an a/c ledge long enough to form an L shape?? And the yard area is just corridor space - totally wasted. n the study room is terribly tiny. n i heard sim lian finishing quite bad. true or not?

Dun worry, sell before TOP lor...

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    One of e best value for $ projects if u r an upgrader n wants to stay ard North East. I have no complain as its pricing is quite low. But muz buy with holding power bcoz i think next year will quite challenging for Singapore. In other words pls dun firesale n sabo e rest of us w pte properties.
    U think the pricing is quite low? this means your mind have been conditioned by the market, this type of pricing in 2 years ago in punggol, everyone will .

Anyway, hearding from the news, CapitaLand CEO wanted govt to relax property tightening rules, look like there is a oversupply soon.... and soon may have fire-sales everywhere...

Really dunno these buyers committed past 2 days are lucky or unlucky....

at first, only US and europe banks have retrenchment, now even HSBC HK also going to layoff 3000 staff, I never expect asia bank will do that, but is coming...

optimistic firesale view.
    My feelings tell me capital inflow continues to come and locals continue to buy based on bargain hunting and low interest rate due to inflationary decade. It takes a lot of factors to create firesale scenario
    Affordable means small

with SSD, those who bought cry@~

Quote Originally Posted by wkang1970
    U think the pricing is quite low? this means your mind have been conditioned by the market, this type of pricing in 2 years ago in punggol, everyone will .
    Anyway, hearding from the news, CapitaLand CEO wanted govt to relax property tightening rules, look like there is a oversupply soon.... and soon may have fire-sales everywhere...

at first, only US and europe banks have retrenchment, now even HSBC HK also going to layoff 3000 staff, I never expect asia bank will do that, but is
    coming...
    What's the point in comparing with 2 years ago when affordability is what matters. 2 years ago situation was also different. Might as well compare to 10 years ago then, when prices were only $500psf.

You are so naive to believe these developers. They are only afraid that their Bishan plot cannot launch at high high price. Interlace and Dleedon not selling as well as others too.

If developers can't stomach the relentless supply, then don't bid lah. Government will get the message like in HK. Why bid high high and then ask government to restrict supply so that they can continue to sell high high?

Therefore the plot near to Buangkok MRT was recently sold for less than $300 psf. That developer haut ah!

Quote Originally Posted by wkang1970

at first, only US and europe banks have retrenchment, now even HSBC HK also going to layoff 3000 staff, I never expect asia bank will do that, but is coming...
    You have to look at the potential of near to MRT and mall. Many people value time a lot, so they will not want to waste too much time changing buses or walking to get to their destination or shop for daily necessities. The extra time can be spent on more meaningful things in life. This is more so in future when competition is fiercer with more qualified FT and employers expect more work productivity from the workers.

Recent launches shows that prices had stabilised if not corrected slightly

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Therefore the plot near to Buangkok MRT was recently sold for less than $300 psf. That developer haut ah!
    Is there a plot near to bk mrt?

You have to look at the potential of near to MRT and mall. Many people value time a lot, so they will not want to waste too much time changing buses or walking to get to their destination or shop for daily necessities. The extra time can be spent on more meaningful things in life. This is more so in future when competition is fiercer with more qualified FT and employers expect more work productivity from the workers.
    This is true but remember that Punggol is not central. If your kids eventually go to local Uni, it is still far and involve travelling time. If you work in Jurong, also same thing....
    If you are semi-retired, then this location is ok with lots of river parks, etc....
    I think its good for young families, but if you are mid 30s to 40s with cash, i would definitely move somewhere else...

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    This is true but remember that Punggol is not central. If your kids eventually go to local Uni, it is still far and involve travelling time. If you work in Jurong, also same thing....
    If you are semi-retired, then this location is ok with lots of river parks, etc....
    I think its good for young families, but if you are mid 30s to 40s with cash, i would definitely move somewhere else...
    there are those who grew up in jurong and will look around jurong for an apt. likewise, punggol will have it's niche group. just that you and me probably aren't part of that niche group.

Wat I like abt sim lian projects r their workmanship, low monthly maintenance and efficient layout....they may not be the best but is one of the better ones after looking at few other completed projects by other developers

are those teaser rates or are their site planned with minimal maintenace in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    every location has a price tag lah

if punggol is central u tink will sell at 900psf meh?

so now we shd argue whether the pricing for this project is fair anot...

if u tink its not fair, pls state ur supporting reasons

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    are those teaser rates or are their site planned with minimal maintenace in mind?
    those rates r quoted without any sinking fund.....on the 2nd yr onwards when residents takeover as the MC, den maint fee will up by 50-100(sinking fund)

very normal.....

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

Pricing is fair for the current market conditions. At 900psf and 250m from MRT, megamall and waterfront living where to find?
    Punggol in 2015 will be totally different from the punggol in the past 10 years. Every bto in the past 2 yrs in punggol all oversubscribed by many times.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

having said that, Clover by the park not exactly central also leh....but asking 1300psf

this is near MRT, mall, though in heartlands, but easily accessible to city via KPE and airport.

I won't go for it but i do think the pricing is very attractive to upgraders in current market sentiment

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Pricing is fair for the current market conditions. At 900psf and 250m from MRT, megamall and waterfront living where to find?
    Punggol in 2015 will be totally different from the punggol in the past 10 years. Every bto in the past 2 yrs in punggol all oversubscribed by many times.
    900psf is really rock bottom price for something next to MRT and upcoming facilities ... small size also make it affordable ... nowadays property is sold small small to make it "tradable" lol

imo, CAPL will have hard time selling Bishan @ 1.5kpsf
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    more than 1km away is not really near..

Understand this area does not have much amenities before. People will bite if there is a big mall, near bus terminal and mrt even though they have to pay a higher premium for it.

A lot of you posted things like 2 years ago this price is crazy, etc etc.. This is senseless talk because you could have copied the statement and paste it on every single development thread now.. The question now is whether this price at this location at this current market is good or not..

This development doesn't have a 1 bedder so obviously it is more targeted at self-stay instead of rental.. For self-stay, they can afford now so why shouldn't they upgrade? Why will SSD affect them when they do not need to sell in the next few years? If they wait, will they be able to get a new development beside MRT and megamall at this price? The 1billion site will sell at 800-900psf and lose money? Definitely no because frasers will just hold and launch when market turns good, or just launch before market turns bad..

Some might suggest 2 years later kio subsale of ATT at a cheaper price.. 1st thing is will it be likely? Chances are very low and even if market really plunge, what are the chances of finding owners who sell at a lower price cum kena SSD?

For self-stay, price right just buy.. For investment, even if market plunges, the buyer can hold it easily given expected next few years low i/r and low quantum.. Hold till punggol central developments and megamall all up, this thing sure rock..

Anyway I didn't and havent buy.

Property with certain niches such as proximity to shopping mall, mrt, canal/lokang, reservior, bay view, etc, attract buyers. Can consider if one has spare cash and can hold till TOP.

That's why I stopped judging whether this or that property is good. If they like the area and not overstretching themselves, I'd say go for it. My friend asked me what's the potential of viva. I say at 1400psf, what's the upside? How wrong was I.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    That's why I stopped judging whether this or that property is good. If they like the area and not overstretching themselves, I'd say go for it. My friend asked me what's the potential of viva. I say at 1400psf, what's the upside? How wrong was I.
    Well, I don't understand why. Viva is underpriced. Look at it's proximity to orchard. D11 is cheaper than D15!
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Upside potential seems to outweigh the pollution issue here for this project.
    However REDAS just requested MR Khaw to review CM for the coming months. Do they know something we don't?
    To buy or not To buy???????

Hi everyone,

Anyone know how many units have been sold so far?
    Any discounts/freebies from Sim Lian?

My parents may be looking at 2 bedroom at this project for self stay.
    Which are the good stacks huh?
    Also, any good tie up home loans from banks there?

Hope to find out more information before going down with them for a look!
    TIA!

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    900psf in Punggol... It was unheard of but it's THE norm now. We are all primed and conditioned. Anything lower than 900psf is a sell-out.
    ATT has just sold 350 units according to today's Straits Times article.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Well, I don't understand why. Viva is underpriced. Look at it's proximity to orchard. D11 is cheaper than D15!
    A little less than that can only get far flung places nowadays. Plus it has a small mall and mrt near buy. But when it was first launched, it didn't look that cheap.