Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345671217222732 ... LastLast

Thread: Yishun or Sembawang Pte property worth investing

Spillover effect like Pasir Ris & Simei. Looking at Flora Dr properties which considered quite remote, can command more than $900 psf

Simei properties -

Those land at Yishun Ctrl, Sembawang Ctrl & Woodlands Ctrl are not for HDB. They are for ammenities, commercials & Pte housing. Government get much more returns ($1,000,000,000.00@ Jurong east, Punggol) in selling land to developer. Developers are more willing to JV.

Quote Originally Posted by omega
    Would there be a difference for Sembawang GRC and Nee Soon GRC?

Considering KBW is in SBW GRC...
    Reply from Sembawang GRC rep....

Our Town Renewal Plan also includes the upgrading of Sembawang Park, Schools, new Mosque and Police Station. In addition, there will be more public and private housing units to be built in our town. Marsiling Heights, Woodlands Dew and Montreal Dale are just some of the new developments in Sembawang GRC.

----------------------
    Police station and mosque means hubba hubba, let's congregate in the north! E.g. Yishun, Sembawang and Admiralty

Plan for Yishun

Note the area where Miltonia and Orchid Country Club is.
    New land for housing alert if you do not already know.

Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Think it's from here? - http://heartland.hdb.gov.sg/enrichingyishun.html

This picture easier to see...

Another related picture...

Thanks Omega & Ecimbew for your contributions.

Connectivity is very important. So in the near future, there will be 3 major roads that will bring us to the north. Then we will not be considered "far".

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    Reply from Sembawang GRC rep....

Our Town Renewal Plan also includes the upgrading of Sembawang Park, Schools, new Mosque and Police Station. In addition, there will be more public and private housing units to be built in our town. Marsiling Heights, Woodlands Dew and Montreal Dale are just some of the new developments in Sembawang GRC.

----------------------
    Police station and mosque means hubba hubba, let's congregate in the north! E.g. Yishun, Sembawang and Admiralty
    $500 mil for Sembawang $600 mil for Yishun. $1.1 bil for the north.

Huat ah!

3 major roads...

1. Western Road Link
    2. NSE
    3. ? The usual SLE, CTE?

3 major roads...

1. Western Road Link
    2. NSE
    3. ? The usual SLE, CTE?
    via Lentor from AMK

If Sembawang Shipyard were to relocate to Sungei Kadut or further and make use of the huge space available for beaches (like East Coast beach), that will be great. Existing Sembawang Park is too small to relax & cycle

Not mistaken, 14 land parcels for landed have been sold there recently. More can be built.

Relevent government agencies URA, HDB, SLA, MPA can consider.

If ships need to dock at Sembawang Shipyard (Idk about this though), don't think Sungei Kadut/Kranji area have such a place for it...

I thought north side got alot PCNs, call Northern Explorer right? Just that, I don't understand why it never link to the reservoir stretch...

If ships need to dock at Sembawang Shipyard (Idk about this though), don't think Sungei Kadut/Kranji area have such a place for it...

I thought north side got alot PCNs, call Northern Explorer right? Just that, I don't understand why it never link to the reservoir stretch...
    Sembawang Shipyard is not big. Container port at Keppel will be moving to Tuas. Heavy industrial should go to heavy industrial zone. Creating a liveable place.

It will take time for the PCN to really link up. Have seen some.

More importantly, the beaches, where one can really relax, BBQing & cycling. Why not have chalets & Downtown north, Satay club along the beach ?

My friend works in shipyard co. said rumous that the Sembawang shipyard hv plan to move somewhere. Let hope it is true.

PCN should b ready. Always saw cyclists from the mandai area at the SLE exit @ woodlands ave 12.
    http://www.nparks.gov.sg/cms/docs/di...20Trail_D4.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernStar
    My friend works in shipyard co. said rumous that the Sembawang shipyard hv plan to move somewhere. Let hope it is true.

PCN should b ready. Always saw cyclists from the mandai area at the SLE exit @ woodlands ave 12.
    http://www.nparks.gov.sg/cms/docs/di...20Trail_D4.pdf
    That will be bonus. Keep fingers and toes X.

Okay, let's see how it goes.

Cos I bought some properties at Yishun.

I have revisited the 2008 Masterplan noticed that there will be some reclamation on the coastal line @ Sembawang Park, but zoned as Reserved. Don't know what they intent to use the land for?

In the future, many residents in Sembawang will be just a stone throw away from the shipyard if it were to stay. Who want to stay there ?

Sembawang shipyard has to go and i have spotted a big piece of land @ Sungei Kadut ( also marked as reserved). Hopefully......
    Heavy industrial should go to the place where it belongs.

There will be some improvement works to be carried out @ the park but, it is still not attractive. In short, almost nothing there for anyone to stay for long.

As mentioned, same concert as Pasir Ris - Downtown north, chalets, beach restaurants, cycling track which is "really" long enough.

The north population of Sembawang, Yishun, Woodlands and even Yio Chu Kang & AMK able to support.

Any1 support my ideas?

KBW for MND alone will mean north will do very well under his care. Just look at what MBT did for Tampines.......

The north...

New road from simpang to aerospace.

New bus interchange with integrated residential.

New flats and condo and EC...

New NS expressway.....

All these point to a new LRT and MRT... Just maybe 10 to 20 yrs later. Earlier if population is higher...

The new MRT line to Airport should be supported by New population at Sembawang, Yishun, Sengkang, Punggol, Pasir Ris and Changi. That's why u see more new land launches there.

I can't seem much upside anywhere else except for north area. The rest like paya lebar and JLD are already priced in for upside. North is building up to be a volcano with the industrial sites all coming up, not forgetting the transport infrastructure too.

What will be the reasonable range of $psf for the northern development for a 900sqft unit?
    I can't seem much upside anywhere else except for north area. The rest like paya lebar and JLD are already priced in for upside. North is building up to be a volcano with the industrial sites all coming up, not forgetting the transport infrastructure too.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    What will be the reasonable range of $psf for the northern development for a 900sqft unit?
    IMHO, I think eventually, it depends on how deep ones' pocket is...

A bit confused. Deep pocket investors do not splurge $ on less worthy units.
    IMHO, I think eventually, it depends on how deep ones' pocket is...

Older developments going for S$630-S$773 psf.

New projects going for S$750-S$880psf.

Guys, if you have more accurate update, please correct me.

Life is made easier as condos in North are literally all leasehold.... except for Seletaris and Northwoods.

A bit confused. Deep pocket investors do not splurge $ on less worthy units.
    How deep != very deep...

Nvm, this will be endless...

How deep != very deep...

Nvm, this will be endless...
    That sounds sexual.....

Older developments going for S$630-S$773 psf.

New projects going for S$750-S$880psf.

Guys, if you have more accurate update, please correct me.

Life is made easier as condos in North are literally all leasehold.... except for Seletaris and Northwoods.
    I think new projects safe to assume $750 psf onwards except for EC... the little devil. Another EC coming up near to 8 courtyards..

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    I think new projects safe to assume $750 psf onwards except for EC... the little devil. Another EC coming up near to 8 courtyards..
    The next project to be launch is the plot of land between Sembawang S. Ctr & Canberra Residence. Breakeven at $750 - $800. How much do you expect the developer to sell ?

Then EC opposite 8CY. Tender closing in Oct. See how they (developer )put in their numbers.

Another land parcel open for tender for Pte condo in Miltonia Close (opposite the existing The Miltonia Residence).

Yishun Ctrl - Dec 2011. Very much anticipate with air-con bus interchange cum shopping (seem bigger than the existing northpoint 1 & 2 combined) & Pte condo.

And sensoria...I think D Banyan also FH...

Yes, that one is the most expansive now...

Dirt cheap in Yishun in psf... The Shaughnessy, Springhill, Euphony Gardens and maybe Seletaris and Lilydale.

Developer can max free area such as balcony and air con ledge right?

I said min is really min and for big units. > 1500 sqf.

For small units, >$1000 is very likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro888
    The next project to be launch is the plot of land between Sembawang S. Ctr & Canberra Residence. Breakeven at $750 - $800. How much do you expect the developer to sell ?

Then EC opposite 8CY. Tender closing in Oct. See how they (developer )put in their numbers.

Another land parcel open for tender for Pte condo in Miltonia Close (opposite the existing The Miltonia Residence).

Yishun Ctrl - Dec 2011. Very much anticipate with air-con bus interchange cum shopping (seem bigger than the existing northpoint 1 & 2 combined) & Pte condo.
    Existing ECs there are changing hands @ close to $700psf (Aug). With the recent overwhelming response from Yishun BTO. Also new mrt stn (5 mins walk). Can expect the site to be hotly contested.

Yes, that one is the most expansive now...

Dirt cheap in Yishun in psf... The Shaughnessy, Springhill, Euphony Gardens and maybe Seletaris and Lilydale.

Developer can max free area such as balcony and air con ledge right?

I said min is really min and for big units. > 1500 sqf.

For small units, >$1000 is very likely.
    Few small units have already changed hands >$1000.