Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678914192429 ... LastLast

Thread: Yishun or Sembawang Pte property worth investing

Quote Originally Posted by gn108
    Lilydale is happening

Been there once in Year 2010, and was completely turned off by the condition and the pool size.

However, i think they repainted since.

Punggol and Sengkang oversupply, MRT fever fading.......

Sim Lian made the first move to clear their ATT before other well capitalized developers blink and drop prices.

paying additional 100-300psf for near MRT? Is it really worth it? hmmm...... People are still buying the idea but developers are doing otherwise....

Anyway, North is the way to go.....

Strong development in north will mitigate bad economy in the next 4-8 yrs. The base price we see now will still be the base in time to come.....

Other areas? Hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    Punggol and Sengkang oversupply, MRT fever fading.......

Sim Lian made the first move to clear their ATT before other well capitalized developers blink and drop prices.

paying additional 100-300psf for near MRT? Is it really worth it? hmmm...... People are still buying the idea but developers are doing otherwise....

Anyway, North is the way to go.....

Strong development in north will mitigate bad economy in the next 4-8 yrs. The base price we see now will still be the base in time to come.....

Other areas? Hmmm....
    Same thinking.

There will be a institution in the ctrl (as accordance to plan), hopefully a international school, like Singapore American School in Woodlands (many ang mo).

No development, no good

Too many, also no good. No exclusiveness if surrounded by HDB.

Development must have wider range like commercial, industrial, landscaping, transport network enhancement etc. Not only for Residential purpose.

Under GLS, yes, too many in Sengkang & Punggol. Eat also must eat slowly. How to digest. lol.

Leaving the sick Dow & Euro aside, if i am the developer, i would most probably give it a miss in bidding @ northeast. Far too many and you are being sandwiched. Anytin happened negatively "infront", you're stuck.

If this project, price is not right etc, buyer can move/wait for the next one. This makes developer very difficult to price their units higher despite the increase in land price, thus, the fall in bidding price/ interest in that area.

Look along Balestier Rd alone, about 15 projects are now U/C. Scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro888
    Some alredi hit above $1k (esp Woodhaven) and many abv $900 in Yishun. Dun forget the developer paid for that plot of land in betweeen SSC & Canberra Res in May this year. Need to sell $950 to $1000 to make money.

Now developers are more wiiling to pay more for ocr (commercial cum Res). Bedok in the east, Punggol in the north-east and JLD in the west. Yishun in the north will be the next one. Residential rental increase one of the fastest pace.

in 2005, i paid for my current rcr $650psf (super near mrt, really throw stone can hit the train, but can never hit 1 bcos underground lah and 5min to city, TOP only couple of years back), now $1.4K. Hit the roof liao.
    Kovan Melody??

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Kovan Melody??
    cannot be

KV shd be 5xxpsf and now worth 1100psf at best

i guess citylights

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    cannot be

KV shd be 5xxpsf and now worth 1100psf at best

i guess citylights
    He said super near...Citylights should fit the bill, correct

Cannot be Southbank cos it's launched after that

Anyway Citylights was probably the only one to experience close to 300% gains...the rest of RCR didn't do that well maybe 200% nia

Some alredi hit above $1k (esp Woodhaven) and many abv $900 in Yishun. Dun forget the developer paid for that plot of land in betweeen SSC & Canberra Res in May this year. Need to sell $950 to $1000 to make money.

Now developers are more wiiling to pay more for ocr (commercial cum Res). Bedok in the east, Punggol in the north-east and JLD in the west. Yishun in the north will be the next one. Residential rental increase one of the fastest pace.

in 2005, i paid for my current rcr $650psf (super near mrt, really throw stone can hit the train, but can never hit 1 bcos underground lah and 5min to city, TOP only couple of years back), now $1.4K. Hit the roof liao.

you said it right. super near MRT... in 2010 I paid less than 750psf for a project "jump also can hit MRT station" ...net rental yield is 4% / gross 5% now transacting around 850psf... I am happy if it hit 1000psf.

gov now also up the plot ratio of those near MRT so expect more commercial and residential complex to be built.

But those not so near MRT remain to be tested.

so woodlands is better or yishun, what do you think?

Anyway Citylights was probably the only one to experience close to 300% gains...the rest of RCR didn't do that well maybe 200% nia
    yes...southbank is the 2nd chance for those who missed CL

ppl say jalan besar area is low class/casket etc last time.....totally look down on tat area....but who knows, expats willing to pay TOP dollar to rent a plc there

i used to condemn citysq, but hey prices also appreciated quite a fair bit

when it TOP in 09, can get 8xxpsf for 3bdr lor

I realised the size of city light is pretty decent, perhaps that adds on. Now we could not get such good size anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    I realised the size of city light is pretty decent, perhaps that adds on. Now we could not get such good size anymore.
    their layout VERY efficient and all layout got cross ventilation except for their smallest 1bdr

u shd pay a visit even u r just a window shopper

Citylights & Citysquare were both i have seen before buying this 1.

It is Meraprime @ Tiong Bahru. Good Rental yield.

I didn't choose Citylights cos to near to ICA. Too many FW.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    you said it right. super near MRT... in 2010 I paid less than 750psf for a project "jump also can hit MRT station" ...net rental yield is 4% / gross 5% now transacting around 850psf... I am happy if it hit 1000psf.

gov now also up the plot ratio of those near MRT so expect more commercial and residential complex to be built.

But those not so near MRT remain to be tested.

so woodlands is better or yishun, what do you think?
    Both can consider, no much different with reference to Pasir Ris, Tampines & Simei.

Woodlands got NSE, TSL & Regional town ctr/hub.
    Yishun got NSE, integrated transport hub & Seletar Aerospace with many big MNCs (good for rental, only 5 min drive).

I would prefer Yishun becos of developments in the near future.

Kovan Melody??
    Ya. Koven was the first one i had visited. Then Citysquare followed by Citylights. In the end picked Meraprime.

I didn't choose Kovan Melody was it is @ Hougang. Why i went there in the first place, i also can't recall. Not many projects at that time.

Meraprime only 1300 psf nw leh...

Both can consider, no much different with reference to Pasir Ris, Tampines & Simei.

Woodlands got NSE, TSL & Regional town ctr/hub.
    Yishun got NSE, integrated transport hub & Seletar Aerospace with many big MNCs (good for rental, only 5 min drive).

I would prefer Yishun becos of developments in the near future.
    I would prefer those near Sembawang MRT. Yishun MRT could be too expensive and a distance to MRT cos it will be at the opposite. But maybe no MRT noise. Let's see.

But my first choice would be next to Woodlands MRT as distance to expressway is quick and there are many good schools around there.

somehow, I have given up working and travelling to town, the traffic is so so bad and worsen.

I doubt the road to be built will lease the traffic by alot.

their layout VERY efficient and all layout got cross ventilation except for their smallest 1bdr

u shd pay a visit even u r just a window shopper
    ya you know I am very particular about this....good memory.

Good to re-invest again. The support could be 1100psf @ bad times. Should hold on to it for another 4-5 years. Good to buy something now.

Ya. Koven was the first one i had visited. Then Citysquare followed by Citylights. In the end picked Meraprime.

I didn't choose Kovan Melody was it is @ Hougang. Why i went there in the first place, i also can't recall. Not many projects at that time.
    U shd hf bot the gem during tat time.... Residences@evelyn

U shd hf bot the gem during tat time.... Residences@evelyn
    Haha. Anytin you buy in 2005 was a gem. During that time, no crowd, good facing & can nego with ease. I didn't bring cheque along. Just went there see see look look. In the end, bought 1 abv 30 flr. Good view. The agent followed us back to get the pay cheque.

Last few transactions with 2 hitting abv $1.4k, 1 @ $1399, 1 @ $1372 and 1 @ $1327. Mine abv 30th flr should command close to $1.4k or more. Fully reno.

Can rent out easily, i mean very easily.

Total 6 units per flr. My neigbours, 2 ang mos family, 2 Japs, 1 indian national. I am the only Singaporean.

Ok, back to the topic of yishun, Sembawang....

Yishun Emerald transacted at $835psf for a 958sqft unit! The same price can get u a new unit high floor non pool facing unit in 8cy.

That's a record price!

Yishun coming up!

Wow! Last high for YE was $773.

Only the beginning.

Sale of balance flats in Yishun in particular, overwhelmed by 1000 applications is to 41 units.

With the moderate rate sale of land parcels in the north by govt (unlike northeast), coupled with the high demand, will see developers bid more aggressively for the EC site due to less " competition". Sure will come out in the news. 800psf. Haha

Recent high for Canopy EC was $702.

Wow! Last high for YE was $773.

Only the beginning.

Sale of balance flats in Yishun in particular, overwhelmed by 1000 applications is to 41 units.

With the moderate rate sale of land parcels in the north by govt (unlike northeast), coupled with the high demand, will see developers bid more aggressively for the EC site due to less " competition". Sure will come out in the news. 800psf. Haha

Recent high for Canopy EC was $702.
    Hi Pro, E2 stck 25 1163sqf 11 floor, 810psf worth to buy? unblock pool view. I think can consider right?

sorry I refer to 8 courtyards

Northoaks broke $700psf.