Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 49141924293031323334
Results 991 to 1,018 of 1018

Thread: Yishun or Sembawang Pte property worth investing

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk View Post
    Where got so expensive! Yishun is far from the city lor
    Then got to ask frasers why bid so high in the first place lor

North Park Residences Price – Property Analyst Prediction
    For North Park Residences Price, analyst’s expectations span a wide range – from $1,5xx PSF (assuming 10% profit margin), to around $14xx PSF (breakeven), to $1,3xx PSF (if Frasers chooses to sell at a bargain, slightly below cost).

A mixed-use commercial and residential plot at Yishun Central was launched for tender on Feb 28, 2013 with the tender results announced on Sept 5, 2013. The tender was won by North Gem Development P/L and FC North Gem Trustee P/L, units related to Fraser Centerpoint P/L for $1.43 billion dollars. This was 47% higher than the next highest bidder, a consortium that includes Far East. This price works out to be $1,077 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr) for the 99-year leasehold site, somewhat higher than the $750-850 psf ppr expected.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTan View Post
    Then got to ask frasers why bid so high in the first place lor

North Park Residences Price – Property Analyst Prediction
    For North Park Residences Price, analyst’s expectations span a wide range – from $1,5xx PSF (assuming 10% profit margin), to around $14xx PSF (breakeven), to $1,3xx PSF (if Frasers chooses to sell at a bargain, slightly below cost).

A mixed-use commercial and residential plot at Yishun Central was launched for tender on Feb 28, 2013 with the tender results announced on Sept 5, 2013. The tender was won by North Gem Development P/L and FC North Gem Trustee P/L, units related to Fraser Centerpoint P/L for $1.43 billion dollars. This was 47% higher than the next highest bidder, a consortium that includes Far East. This price works out to be $1,077 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr) for the 99-year leasehold site, somewhat higher than the $750-850 psf ppr expected.
    If that the case I wish good luck for Fraser. If I can afford to buy second condo and want to be closer to MRT I will look at Yishun Sapphire

The question is , is it worth paying a premium for the convenience of a integrated hub ? Maybe . . I would , if the price is right

Quote Originally Posted by 5littlecow View Post
    The question is , is it worth paying a premium for the convenience of a integrated hub ? Maybe . . I would , if the price is right
    Lol. I bet the right price for u is hard for frasers to match.

Is centro fully sold out now? How long did feo take?

Question

Hi All, there seem to be a showroom of some sort next to Sembawang MRT station(nearer to basketball court) recently...

Any insights anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Duff_Beer View Post
    Hi All, there seem to be a showroom of some sort next to Sembawang MRT station(nearer to basketball court) recently...

Any insights anyone?
    Canberra Drive EC

http://www.upcomingec.com/canberra-drive-ec/

saw that too. Most likely sf for City D. ec which they are able to sell late next mth with 638 units.

should be able to sell better than skypark and bellewoods since it is closest to mrt compared to the other 2. now jus depend on the price only.

Considering developments in North especially Sembawang and Yishun in the next 5 years, would it make a difference to invest in a 999/FH or 99years property in these areas?

List of developments I have heard so far, do add on/correct info as you please...

1. North-South Expressway
    2. Canberra MRT station
    3. Regional retail hub of Woodlands Central
    4. Refurnished Bottle Tree
    5. New Town Sports and Recreation Centre in Sembawang
    6. Bird Park relocation at Mandai
    7. Zoo expansion at Mandai
    8. Yishun shopping expansion (Northpark)
    9. Thomson - East Coast Line
    10. Seletar Regional Centre
    11. Future Simpang development? (Similar to Punggol)
    12. Relocation of Woodlands Train Checkpoint Station
    13. Iskandar Johor Bahru

Considering developments in North especially Sembawang and Yishun in the next 5 years, would it make a difference to invest in a 999/FH or 99years property in these areas?

List of developments I have heard so far, do add on/correct info as you please...

1. North-South Expressway
    2. Canberra MRT station
    3. Regional retail hub of Woodlands Central
    4. Refurnished Bottle Tree
    5. New Town Sports and Recreation Centre in Sembawang
    6. Bird Park relocation at Mandai
    7. Zoo expansion at Mandai
    8. Yishun shopping expansion (Northpark)
    9. Thomson - East Coast Line
    10. Seletar Regional Centre
    11. Future Simpang development? (Similar to Punggol)
    12. Relocation of Woodlands Train Checkpoint Station
    13. Iskandar Johor Bahru
    Besides d27, u nvr include d25 in ur consideration ah?

Got 999/fh in these 2 districts meh? If have, shld be landed and also rare bah.

Depends whether u buy it for own stay or rental/investment.

If for own stay, if u love it, u wun care if it is 999/fh or 99.

If for rental/investment, as long as u buy low sell/rent out high, it is a good investment.

As chairman Mao once said - regardless black cat or white cat, can catch mouse one is good cat.

If $ is wat u r after, secondary mkt is the place to go, not primary mkt.

Thanks for your input, MrTan.

During my recent refinancing, what struck me the most was that the bank actually only valuate the latest transaction of the nearest property with a similar leasehold in my case is 999years.

My valuation figures should fair better if the bank benchmark against newer condo development which is 99 years LH in the same area.

Prices of those properties towards Wak Hassan Drive have already cascaded.

Any redevelopment news on those black and white heritage houses near to Sembawang community club?

Thanks for your input, MrTan.

During my recent refinancing, what struck me the most was that the bank actually only valuate the latest transaction of the nearest property with a similar leasehold in my case is 999years.

My valuation figures should fair better if the bank benchmark against newer condo development which is 99 years LH in the same area.

Prices of those properties towards Wak Hassan Drive have already cascaded.

Any redevelopment news on those black and white heritage houses near to Sembawang community club?
    Wow! U r eyeing on the black and white heritage houses ah? U r in the premier league man. I m small fry only eyeing on mass mkt condos. U need to find professional property agent to advise u lor.

Wak Hassan area is a good buy. Though I find it too ulu to my taste. Only suitable for pple really looking for peace and tranquility, as long as not too near to sbw park.

Any insights anyone?
    CDL going to launch their EC project in Canberra.. i guess this showroom is for the new EC.

Are these advertising editorial?

Quoted, "The content provided here include content curated from Singapore Press Holdings’ archives, content created especially for the brand, or the brand’s own content."

What do you think?

Quoted, "The content provided here include content curated from Singapore Press Holdings’ archives, content created especially for the brand, or the brand’s own content."

What do you think?
    No need quote no need think. It's obvious. Anyway my previous question is rhetorical.

Some of you may agree North is somehow emulating the East a decade ago.

In comparison...

Mature Yishun - Tampines (Tampines Mall, Century Sq)

Coastal Sembawang - Pasir Ris

Industrial Woodlands - Simei/bedok.

Canberra - Punggol

On the whole, I would think Singapore will be like Japan with each district having their own distinctive attraction or mega amenities.

Jurong East(Jem/Westgate and others) is already a 2nd orchard shopping district in its own right.

PSF of all sub-urban districts will slowly cascade in years to come...
    Last edited by Duff_Beer; 18-03-15 at 12:27.

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapo...ays-yishun-ulu

Who says Yishun is 'ulu'

The cafes are always a sign. Call them the "coolness" litmus test of a neighbourhood. Once they start popping up, it is time to pay attention.

In Yishun, the sleepy estate in the north of Singapore, several new cafes have opened in recent months.

Two of these outfits are Holy Cow Creamery, an ice cream parlour in Yishun Street 22, and RoyceMary Cafe, serving coffee and desserts out of a unit in a mixed-use building in Victory 8 in Jalan Legundi.

And then there are the bike shops, with at least four of them along Yishun Avenues 6 and 7 alone, supplying the hipster transportation staple.

Is Yishun becoming the next Tiong Bahru?

Hardly.

But the area, which has more than 250,000 residents, is no lifeless backwater.

In fact, it is mounting a modest renaissance, with new amenities, gleaming healthcare facilities, a mega mall in the works and new flats and properties in the making.

The biggest development is Northpoint City, a commercial and residential development which will be integrated with the existing Northpoint Shopping Centre.

When it opens in 2018, it will be the largest mall in northern Singapore with more than 500 shopping and dining outlets. It will also house the first community club within a mall and an integrated transport hub linking the mall to an air-conditioned bus interchange and Yishun MRT station.

Junction Nine in Yishun Avenue 9, a 99-year leasehold mixed development that has retail units and private homes called Nine Residences, will also open in 2017. The 186-unit residential project will have a mix of one-bedroom to two-storey apartments. And Yishun estate is still not that expensive.

Property agents say the prices in the area have remained steady and mirror general market trends.

Mr Donald Han, managing director of property consulting group Chestertons, says prices in Yishun were going up from about 2009, but after 2013, they started going down because the introduction of tougher mortgage rules - the total debt servicing ratio - made it harder for people to obtain loans.

But he adds that there has been stronger demand for mixed developments in Yishun, such as the upcoming Nine Residences.

Units there were sold at a median price of $1,196 per square foot (psf) in December, significantly higher than the median prices for other Yishun developments such as Lilydale ($742 psf), The Estuary ($916 psf) and The Canopy ($696 psf).

He attributes the draw of Nine Residences to its location and proximity to transportation options.

Other property experts say the greenery in the area - Yishun Pond, Seletar Reservoir and the Orchid Country Club with its golf courses - are also plus points for buyers.

Indeed, Yishun, like several off-city centre, well- developed suburban neighbourhoods in Singapore, has become a conducive place to call home, especially in terms of recreational options in nature. It has serene green spaces, scenic waterways, enhanced parks, cycling paths and exercise corners.

Named after pineapple and rubber tycoon Lim Nee Soon, whose name is Lin Yishun in Mandarin, the estate was one of the first three towns selected in 2007 under the Housing & Development Board's (HDB) Remaking Our Heartland initiative and still enjoys the fruit of that upgrading exercise.

The Lower Seletar Reservoir along Yishun Avenue 1 was revamped at a cost of $10 million and now features a multi-purpose stage with a water play area, a Rowers' Bay for competitive rowing and a 170m-long jetty-like bridge that extends from the banks of the reservoir across the waters.

In a 2011 makeover, Yishun Pond unveiled floating wetlands, flower trails and a three-storey lookout tower. The waters there teem with orange cichlid fish and tortoises, and wading birds can be seen in the marshlands.

A 15.5km cycling trail is also due for completion this year and will connect major transport nodes, neighbourhood centres and parks.

Since last month, residents have also been enjoying Orto, a new leisure park the size of seven football fields that opened on the site of the former Bottle Tree Park. Visitors can go fishing or prawning round the clock in the park, which also has several eateries.

Ms Yen Sim, senior manager of corporate communications and branding at the China-based Fullshare Leisure Group, which manages the place, says Fullshare decided to bid for the site because there were opportunities for a variety of recreational activities and eateries to be added to the park.

"Furthermore, it has a distinctive kampung feel that retains the old charm of Singapore in the 1960s and 1970s," she says.

By the park's grand opening in June, its activity offerings will include paintball, futsal and trampoline.

"Yishun is no longer a boring or ulu town," says odd-job worker Angela Teo, 49, using the Malay word for "remote". She has lived in the area for more than 20 years.

A variety of properties is also rising to meet the demand. More than 17,000 new residential units - both public and private developments - will be added to Yishun by the next few years.

As of June 2013, the HDB has launched 10 Build-To-Order (BTO) projects and one Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) project, providing a total of 9,500 units. These include Yishun Greenwalk, DBSS Adora Green and Vista Spring.

Seven private housing sites yielding close to 3,300 units were also awarded to private developers for executive condominiums/condominiums and landed housing developments.

Apart from these projects, there is also the 920-unit North Park Residences, a condominium with one- to five-bedroom apartments ranging from 431 sq ft to 1,432 sq ft. It is part of the Northpoint City development.

Mr Mohamed Ismail, chief executive of PropNex Realty, one of the firms selling the North Park Residences, foresees that younger buyers from the ages of 25 will be interested in the Residences, which is located in Yishun Central.

He says: "Younger buyers these days tend to say, 'Give me a lifestyle and I will pay.' They are willing to trade house size for a conveniently located development."

The new residents seem to agree.

Ms Vania Lim, 30, moved into a three-room flat in Adora Green last year with her husband.

She likes the green necklace that surrounds her estate - Yishun Pond is a stone's throw away, which makes for a scenic exercise route, and she also likes it that there are several young couples among her neighbours, whom she can relate to.

"There are also plenty of food options in the neighbourhood and three supermarkets within walking distance," she says.

While some residents interviewed say Yishun's new vibrancy has also resulted in more human traffic, which translates to more crowded bus interchanges, trains and buses, they acknowledge that the precinct has become a more exciting place to live in, with upcoming developments to look forward to.

Long-time Yishun dweller Foo Wang Cheow, 60, remembers a time when Yishun used to be a cluster of kampungs.

In the early days, Mr Lim Nee Soon, who lived from 1879 to 1936, had owned large pineapple and rubber plantations in the area.

Chinese immigrants whom he hired as labourers in his plantations soon settled down in the area and formed villages and kampungs.

Mrs Foo recalls living in one of these kampungs and helping her father sell his homemade cheng tng - the Chinese soup dessert with ingredients such as longans, barley and lotus seeds.

The housewife says: "It was a noisy, bustling and exciting place. People reared pigs and poultry and many also grew vegetables and fruit to sell."

In 1984, when the town started to be developed - it was one of the earliest towns developed by the HDB - the newly married Mrs Foo moved into a four-room flat in Block 750 Yishun Street 72 with her husband.

"There were no buses near our home then, much less a bus interchange. There was also no MRT station yet," she recalls, adding that bus services began many months later and Yishun MRT station commenced in 1988.

Yishun continued its slow transformation until 1992, when two game-changing developments took place.

Frasers Centrepoint opened Northpoint Shopping Centre, Singapore's first heartland mall. That same year, cinema operator Golden Village launched its first cineplex, GV Yishun, with 10 cinema halls and 2,400 seats.

Now, Yishun's rejuvenation is also attracting visitors from other neighbourhoods.

Ms Shirley Marlando, 31, one of the founders of Holy Cow Creamery, says that while her clientele consists of Yishun residents, the shop also sees people from Sembawang, Woodlands and as far as Jurong.

Maybe that is why Mrs Foo has no plans to leave.

She has lived in the same flat for the past 30 years with her husband, now 61, and 33-year-old son. Her married daughter also lives in the estate so as to remain close to her.

"Yishun has really become a convenient place to live in over the years and this will be where I retire," says Mrs Foo.

[email protected]

http://www.gov.sg/government/web/con...eDefaultDesc=0

Published on Apr 01, 2015

Faster ride for Yishun and Seletar residents

Interchange expansion project on track to be done by year-end

By ANDREA NG

MOTORISTS in Yishun and Seletar can look forward to a faster, smoother ride once various road projects in the area are ready.

The expansion of the interchange connecting the Central Expressway (CTE), Seletar Expressway (SLE) and Tampines Expressway (TPE) with Seletar West Link is on track to be completed by the end of this year, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) said.

Started in 2012, the project consists of four new flyovers and five new road connections that will "improve overall connectivity between the expressway and adjoining road network", said LTA.

A lane is being added for both directions of the existing Yio Chu Kang Flyover, the stretch of TPE between Seletar Flyover and Seletar Aerospace Flyover, and the stretch of SLE between Seletar Flyover and Lentor Avenue.

To accommodate the works on the upcoming flyovers, LTA has been diverting vehicles travelling from SLE to Yio Chu Kang Road to a newly completed flyover since February.

Apart from the interchange expansion project, a new road linking Yishun Avenue 1 and 6 was completed earlier this year.

Yishun Avenue 8 now provides an alternative route for motorists travelling from Yishun to a widened Seletar West Link and TPE.

Another project - the new dual three-lane Sengkang West Road - will help shift some traffic away from the busy Jalan Kayu.

Sengkang West Road is due to be fully opened by the second quarter of this year, while slip roads near the new Seletar Aerospace Flyover have been progressively opened since October.

"A lot of residents are looking forward to the interchange at CTE, TPE and SLE," said Nee Soon GRC MP Lee Bee Wah.

She added that many in Yishun currently have to go by the busy Yishun Avenue 1, Avenue 2 and Lentor Avenue to access the three expressways.

With upcoming housing projects set to bring more traffic to Yishun, Ms Lee said it was all the more crucial that the interchange and other road projects are completed soon.

Some Yishun residents have begun using the new Yishun Avenue 8 regularly, enjoying the smoother ride it provides.

Gunabalan Vijayabalan, 33, said it used to take him 25 minutes to drive from his home in Yishun to Seletar West Link.

"There was a lot of waiting time when I used Yishun Avenue 1," said the senior engineer, whose journey now takes 10 to 15 minutes via Yishun Avenue 8.

Fellow resident Tan Hock Nyee, 56, agreed: "I use Yishun Avenue 8 a lot now because it's faster than to go by Avenue 1."

The new road has given the freelance renovator an alternative route to Punggol and Sengkang - where many of his jobs are located - instead of taking the congested Lentor Avenue.

"It can take up to half an hour to get through the stretch during peak hours," Mr Tan said. "The jam at Lentor Avenue has no end."

[email protected]

they can make anything and try to sell you anything as long as they are people who will buy and there are $$$ to be made 😄
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandiwara View Post
    The project location is very good. If the price is right I am sure the queue will be very long. I wonder how they can make 3 bedroom and having balcony with 77sqm.

http://www.northparkresidences-sgcon...loorplans.html

Lazy to even start another 3 new threads for 3 upcoming EC.

Why suddenly going to be so many EC in the North after Skypark which is still having their showroom at the site waiting for buyer?

First it's One Canberra, then Skypark, then "next to Skypark" which is EC by Fraser, then now launching soon near Canberra MRT CDL EC and then "next to CDL EC" which is EC by Qing Jian.

That's a good 5 EC and gone are the nice temperature cooling forest (including those for BTO) and the nearby estates filled with migrants from the forest. Where is the replacement greenery MND is talking about?
    Last edited by CondoInterested; 12-04-15 at 21:26.

I have friends who bought units because of forest facing... Short-lived

with the population in the area increases, hopefully the Gov will start to build the Sembawang Community hub. North is still a less crowded place if compared to other area.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernStar View Post
    with the population in the area increases, hopefully the Gov will start to build the Sembawang Community hub. North is still a less crowded place if compared to other area.
    Wat do u mean by community hub? If u mean cc, there r already sembawang cc and canberra cc. If u mean central, guess sembawangers can only head to yishun central or woodlands central. Based on size, guess sembawang can never be as big as yishun and woodlands to warrant a central. IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTan View Post
    Wat do u mean by community hub? If u mean cc, there r already sembawang cc and canberra cc. If u mean central, guess sembawangers can only head to yishun central or woodlands central. Based on size, guess sembawang can never be as big as yishun and woodlands to warrant a central. IMHO.
    Sembawang Cummunity Hub -
    https://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/master-pl...h-region#post5

I am not looking forward a shopping hub. it is everywhere now..

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernStar View Post
    Ah... Got it. Community hub = atas cc. Right now that site is FIS institution. Dun know when that lease will end. I more looking fwd to the hawker center. Dun know when it will come. Wait until neck long long already.