Page 1 of 34 1234561116212631 ... LastLast

Thread: Yishun or Sembawang Pte property worth investing

Default Yishun or Sembawang Pte property worth investing

The particular area i wished to share is being bounded by Yishun Ave 7, Yishun Ave 2 and Sembawang Rd.

Reasons being

1. Due to the successful launches of 8 Courtyard & Canberra Residences
    2. High bid price for the land parcel between Canberra Res. & SSC. The breakeven price est. $850 to $900psf. Developer will be selling $1000 psf & above
    3. Sale of EC land parcel opposite 8CY will be opening for tender soon. With the increase in income ceiling for EC buyer but with the current financial market uncertainty - $$$ dun know
    4. More land parcels (all private) will be released in that area as road construction for Canberra link and Canberra drive are now underway. Canberra drive @ Yishun Emerald will be linked up to the other side of Canberra dirive @ Canberra Res.
    5. New mrt station will be built along Ave 2 after the canal (NS12) in a few years time and also NS Expressway.
    6. A new shopping mall integrated with air-con bus interchange will be built next to Northpt. More importantly is the private condo on top. Pricing will be no less than $1050psf (My est) based on Yishun & Bedok pricing & developer's estimation resp. Open tender in Dec.

u got money u got vision just buy bro...u see nice unit u like just buy....forum/analyst/agent all talk kok one nobody knows wat going to happen...some say up some say down some say good some say no good u analyze until paralyze ...until u also blur blur.... ....maybe other bro got better advice.....

U r late.. those area are HDB's

Good area is the area near to sembawang shopping center. Lots of developments there.

New FH landed available there. Quite a bit of new redevelopments there.

Buy....

Yishun is one of the the last couple of matured estates and judging from the plans and the land tenders of developments, e.g. industrial, commercial and residential is to drive up the usage of upcoming NSE and Thomson line.

Look at gambas, Seletar aerospace, yishun hub too....

i'll say Canberra Residences is worth investing.

Canberra Res. price will appreciate when next door neighbour launch their project in a few months time. Across the road, a recreational hub will be built.

As for 8CY, HDB have just called for tender on the EC site opposite. I think developers will bid higher reasons being raised income ceiling & high demand on Yishun BTO recently. 8CY price will also go up with development @ Yishun Central.

I think, both no different as Canberra Res & 8CY will soon be linked up (Canberra drive), but 8CY should have a slight edge due to new MRT stn.
    Probably in 3-4 years time when 8CY and the new EC are ready.

Invest

Diagonally across 8CY, there is a hill park, but under 2008 Master plan is zoned as reserved site. Dun know what they intent to use the land for

Quote Originally Posted by Pro888
    Diagonally across 8CY, there is a hill park, but under 2008 Master plan is zoned as reserved site. Dun know what they intent to use the land for
    That hill is a granite hill, can't do much development .... and the name say it all ..,hill park mean park on the hill...lol

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    That hill is a granite hill, can't do much development .... and the name say it all ..,hill park mean park on the hill...lol
    Granite hill? Hehe, means dug into quarry with water and it will be very nice next to light industries and future MRT.

I still keep my unblock view. Hehe.

Yishun's population is expanding and they really need to widen lentor ave. Jams all the way to SLE are a daily event during peak hours.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Yishun's population is expanding and they really need to widen lentor ave. Jams all the way to SLE are a daily event during peak hours.
    Yes, but still manageable. I guess if the jams start to prolong then authorities will take action.

http://okp.listedcompany.com/newsroo...ease060411.pdf

http://www.lta.gov.sg/images/OTR%20ER368.pdf

Look for seletar aerospace flyover.

Actually, the small roads before the flyover should be expanded so that those from CTE turning towards TPE can exit before seletar aerospace flyover and turn towards Yishun. Next in line perhaps. Lent or connection can be relief then.

Only until recent time, many developments are coming up (pte, bto, EC,industrial & commercial), otherwise a "peaceful" town for over 20years .

To ease the congestion, NSE & TSL will be built. In future, more will be using Sembwang Rd instead.

5 years ago, many people said Pasir, Sengkang & Punggol very far & remote, but now, how many still have to same thoughts. See the price appreciation.

Buy for long term of 5-10 years. Pretty optimistic.

Once the road works are done on Canberra drive, the URA will progessively selll land. Can accommodate another 5-6 projects in that area (based on plot ratio - pte development). An example is a Petir Rd, between Dairy farm Rd & Chestnut Ave where few pte develp. are coming up.

Once these are in place, expectation of a new mrt statn will be nearer.

Where to find 700-800+ psf ? Buy 1 each Canberra Res & 8CY.

Sorry, i m not an agent nor pte developer

Now staying in the city. Looking for more return in the suburban areas.

Once the road works are done on Canberra drive, the URA will progessively selll land. Can accommodate another 5-6 projects in that area (based on plot ratio - pte development). An example is a Petir Rd, between Dairy farm Rd & Chestnut Ave where few pte develp. are coming up.

Once these are in place, expectation of a new mrt statn will be nearer.

Where to find 700-800+ psf ? Buy 1 each Canberra Res & 8CY.

Sorry, i m not an agent nor pte developer

Now staying in the city. Looking for more return in the suburban areas.
    You bought any unit yet in Canberra Residences and Eight Courtyards?

Bought 1 in May & the other in Jul.

Sori to say as a property investor, i expect psf to increase another $300-400 in that area. More room to appreciate. This is supported by strong vote of confidence from the boss who bidded the land beside Canberra Res.

Expect the coming 2 EC sites & Yishun Hub will be intensely contested

Bought 1 in May & the other in Jul.

Sori to say as a property investor, i expect psf to increase another $300-400 in that area. More room to appreciate. This is supported by strong vote of confidence from the boss who bidded the land beside Canberra Res.

Expect the coming 2 EC sites & Yishun Hub will be intensely contested
    I'm vested and looking at additional 120 to 200 psf increase in 5 years time, I.e year 2016.

NSE and TSL up would mean another $100psf.

Glad to see another vested in the North.

Regardless the uncertainty of the economy, housing price will go up in the long run.

Now, if you have observed, prices of suburban are gapping up.

Also properties near mrt will enjoy a higher premium in the coming months.

Simei, Tampines, Sengkang, Punggol, Kovan etc.

Even higher premium for Residential cum Commercial

Bedok Ctrl (launching soon), Yishun Ctrl (launching in 2012)

Yes. With the improved connectivity, price will go up.

With the many developments coming up, price will go up

With more land available for projects, there will be expectation, price will go up.

Now the G month just over, expect more buying from now.

I think yishun neighbourhood 5 is coming soon, the whole land used to be grass farm "grass for sale" now has been cleared.

We need northpoint 3 soon.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    I think yishun neighbourhood 5 is coming soon, the whole land used to be grass farm "grass for sale" now has been cleared.

We need northpoint 3 soon.

for more than 2 decades. Now, finally got so many "happenings".

Sori, that site only zoned for residential. Probably you can hope for neighbourhood town ctr like to one opposite Khatib mrt.

Next month, another land for sale @ Miltonia close.

Mr. KBW will transform the north into another Tampines. Good or Bad ???

Regardless the uncertainty of the economy, housing price will go up in the long run.

Now, if you have observed, prices of suburban are gapping up.

Also properties near mrt will enjoy a higher premium in the coming months.

Simei, Tampines, Sengkang, Punggol, Kovan etc.

Even higher premium for Residential cum Commercial

Bedok Ctrl (launching soon), Yishun Ctrl (launching in 2012)

Yes. With the improved connectivity, price will go up.

With the many developments coming up, price will go up

With more land available for projects, there will be expectation, price will go up.

Now the G month just over, expect more buying from now.
    With more and more land being sold and new projects being launched, oversupply story is brewing.....

With 4yrs ssd, let say ppl start to sell at the end of 3rd yr, we shall see a huge oversupply of units for sale in 3yrs time

Many buying for investment in ocr nowadays, 3yrs later will be vy interesting

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    With more and more land being sold and new projects being launched, oversupply story is brewing.....

With 4yrs ssd, let say ppl start to sell at the end of 3rd yr, we shall see a huge oversupply of units for sale in 3yrs time

i agree...now for me is to wait...

If interest rate is held low, the most likely scenario from the end of 2012 is a quantity bubble which could sustain for a few years. Rental might be weakened. Worst hit could be old folks who depend on rental to sustain their living. Best is to buy within your means and for own stay.

Right now the government has a few tools to cushion property crash:

- Reduce government land sales
    - Reduce buyer and seller stamp duties
    - Reduce loan to value
    - Relax HDB ownership and rental rules

No lah, not those.

Only SSD is right.

Drop by 20 percent u also LAN LAN in first year.

Or by 16 percent in second year

Or by 12 percent in third year

Or by 8 percent in fourth year

This will ensure property can take 5 to 10 percent drop without any serious impact.

Should be 'increase loan to value'. Mistake, k.o. soon All have very significant impacts on the property market.

...and the deferred payment scheme.

Oversupply in 2013 is still a ? Some say yes, but some think otherwise.

Land sales & launches in CCR have drop. A shift to to OCR mass market whereby takers are of different group. Due to these launches closer to bigger group of heartlanders, more are discussing & excited about, seemingly a launch too many.

It is not able the 4 yrs ssd but the land supply in years to come and other government policies on expat, businesses etc.

Yes. More are buying OCR properties including myself. I'm staying south but buy north. Developers are more willing to pay more for the land. A shift, like businesses from CBD to Jurong lake district, Tampines & Changi Business Park.

Foreigner switch from HDB to OCR condo.. Old never mind. Buy first then wait for PR then downgrade to HDB.

Stay in CCR or RCR HDBs trade in for OCR condos - also considered upgrade lah

Would there be a difference for Sembawang GRC and Nee Soon GRC?

Considering KBW is in SBW GRC...