Thread: Condos in Sembawang

Default Condos in Sembawang

I have viewed few units in Seletaris and Yishun Emerald. Not sure which is better one for long term investment ?

long term investment. Freehold way to go. No brainer.

short term investment. Location matters more than anything else.

between this two, skip both! hahahahaa... go for 8 courtyards instead~

If you willing to go down south some more along Sembawang road (to springside / springleaf area) plenty of good buys - no fire sales there but prices have been super depressed for a long time.

Things will change with Springleaf MRT announced so plenty of upside there - it's not official but I think the word is more or less out...no point keeping mum also

Long term then go for the speculated Simpang MRT station...... i.e. near 8 courtyards and rubies.....

Seletaris will be affected by NSE construction....

If you want a good deal and don't mind an older condition condo.... check out NorthOaks or Woodsvale.

You will be surprised at what you can find inside them, especially the condo in white with the super-sized pool....

U mean dead bodies? Why would anyone be surprised to find anything there?

A few monkeys?

Monsters?

Haha.. I will be surprised... Maybe a car in pool? Next to expressway leh.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    U mean dead bodies? Why would anyone be surprised to find anything there?

A few monkeys?

Monsters?

Haha.. I will be surprised... Maybe a car in pool? Next to expressway leh.
    Money. You want?

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    Long term then go for the speculated Simpang MRT station...... i.e. near 8 courtyards and rubies.....

Seletaris will be affected by NSE construction....

If you want a good deal and don't mind an older condition condo.... check out NorthOaks or Woodsvale.

You will be surprised at what you can find inside them, especially the condo in white with the super-sized pool....
    I personally like northoaks, was there last national day, saw lots of
    Activities organised by the committee. Not to mention the big
    Pool n the slide, my daughter like it so much. The condo also
    Have much greenaries n landscape... When I was there, agent
    Quote me 700k, think, it should appreciate now...

Quote Originally Posted by lindatlc
    I personally like northoaks, was there last national day, saw lots of
    Activities organised by the committee. Not to mention the big
    Pool n the slide, my daughter like it so much. The condo also
    Have much greenaries n landscape... When I was there, agent
    Quote me 700k, think, it should appreciate now...
    700k for a 3 bedroom... Forgotten the floor area but it is big

Cheap for a reason lah, find malaysians and prcs there, Indians not expected.

I have always liked the feel of Northoaks over Woodsvale, however they are now congested with many PRCs and NRIs and Filipinos. When I went over to my friend's place last week, the pool was filled with NRIs, Filipinos had a HUGE BBQ party when they sat in circles and played games while the PRCs took over the playground with their kids burning joss sticks and candles - playing with fire in a child environment. Apparently the guards did not mind.

I also saw a PRC fully dressed washing his feet by the pool, and all the pool tables were occupied and noisy...sigh...such a far cry from a couple years back when it was really peaceful. Also my friend told me the new condo management is not as good as before, maybe that's why.

With Northoaks and Woodsvale being one of the cheapest mass market condos around, it is inevitable that things will turn out to be like this...

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    I have always liked the feel of Northoaks over Woodsvale, however they are now congested with many PRCs and NRIs and Filipinos. When I went over to my friend's place last week, the pool was filled with NRIs, Filipinos had a HUGE BBQ party when they sat in circles and played games while the PRCs took over the playground with their kids burning joss sticks and candles - playing with fire in a child environment. Apparently the guards did not mind.

I also saw a PRC fully dressed washing his feet by the pool, and all the pool tables were occupied and noisy...sigh...such a far cry from a couple years back when it was really peaceful. Also my friend told me the new condo management is not as good as before, maybe that's why.

With Northoaks and Woodsvale being one of the cheapest mass market condos around, it is inevitable that things will turn out to be like this...
    Not true.

I live here and disagree.

There are foreigners in many condo developments and NorthOaks still has 80% residents who are Singaporeans.

In and out of my lift, carparks.... I see mostly Singaporeans. Only 2 out of 10 are foreigners.

I just don't understand why people get sour when they sold out their units and start cursing the project when it continues to appreciate.

The funny part is also, i thought this forum is filled with investors? May I ask who are helping the chase up in prices for Singapore to keep investors' pockets filled?

NorthOaks for own-stay and investment is great......... especially with the major developments slated for North.

Personally, I condemned the North previously and thought the better projects for own-stay/investments were always in the RCR or AMK, Bishan, Tampines area. Guess what, I was so damn wrong and when I visited NorthOaks, it became very clear that many people were like me and did not realise there was a 1st batch EC that was built like a private condo by Hong Leong.

I thought 'someone', or was it you who told us not to sell until NSE is completed? Because that is when the full potential will be realised? Someone is singing a different tune now altogether.

The people in NorthOaks are friendly, management is very courteous, much better than higher valued condos that I had lived in, who judge people by the cars they drive and the way they dressed.

Btw, there are Nissan GTR, BMW 7 Series in this condo for those who think otherwise.

My immediate neighbours are Singaporeans and humble.

Given a choice, I will live around humble people than snobbish, attas, elite ones.

This is a family condo, not for those people living a high-life and wanting a swimming pool of bikini babes (although we do get the occasional Caucasian pretty chicks sunbathing in their bikinis).

You get the cheers of the residents with their guests, kids splashing water and enjoying their waterslide with the BBQ pits nestled beneath swaying palm trees next to the pool.

I also remembered 'someone' saying he wanted to buy it if there was a crash sending the current S$6xxpsf back the psf to S$4xxpsf??

Go on with the sour grapes, coz i'm expecting fine wine out of NorthOaks with the keeping and maybe realising the profits when NSE is completed as per the advice from this 'someone' in this forum back then and changed his stance recently after selling out.
    Last edited by solsys; 08-09-11 at 12:08.

Your sentiment is not surprising since you are vested.

I still think N.O is value for money even though NSE is right beside (as long as your unit faces the pool)

I am simply telling what impression I got - you can't dispute that.

Maybe you should take the feedback constructively and join the M.C to effect some changes else those observations I pointed out will not go away (and I doubt they are isolated incidents)

No sour grapes at all, I think N.O. will be very attractive if they can fix the negative associations. True, 80% singaporeans but 80% of the problems (bad behavior, fire in playground) are by the remaining 20%

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Your sentiment is not surprising since you are vested.

I still think N.O is value for money even though NSE is right beside (as long as your unit faces the pool)

I am simply telling what impression I got - you can't dispute that.

Maybe you should take the feedback constructively and join the M.C to effect some changes else those observations I pointed out will not go away (and I doubt they are isolated incidents)

No sour grapes at all, I think N.O. will be very attractive if they can fix the negative associations. True, 80% singaporeans but 80% of the problems (bad behavior, fire in playground) are by the remaining 20%

Cheers

You know what?

I totally agree with you on the 'impression' part, it shows how shallow some Singaporeans are becoming.

See value, Buy value.

Conservative investing in OCR versus Speculative investing in CCR.

Let the buyers make their choice.