Thread: Chinese buyers eye S'pore property

Default Chinese buyers eye S'pore property

Chinese buyers eye S'pore property
    Posted: 09 September 2011 2004 hrs

SINGAPORE: Property agents have said buyers from China make up the largest group of foreign investors in Singapore's private residential property.

The number of buyers from China has doubled in the past three years.

Property agents and developers said Chinese buyers are mostly interested in properties that are in prime districts and have a sea view.

Agents said previously, the traditional groups of foreign buyers were from Indonesia and Malaysia.

This has led to some local property agents to actively launch plans to gain a foothold in the China market.

OrangeTee is the first local property agency which will be setting up an overseas branch in China.

The agency said China's tight property regulations will see more buyers looking for investment opportunities in foreign properties.

Meanwhile, PropNex is also targeting the China market with a dedicated website for buyers.

The site has information about Singapore's private property as well as the rules and regulations for foreign property buyers here.

This is the first time PropNex is making a focused effort to market its service to buyers in China.

The service continues even when buyers reach Singapore.

PropNex Realty regional director David Poh said: "We will actually provide a one-stop service, including the booking of hotels, airport transfer, meals, sight seeing, viewing properties, buying properties, opening of accounts and arranging for conveyancing.

"Even if (buyers) need help in renovating the premises and also sending the kids over for schooling, we can actually help them with all this."

-CNA/wk
    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...152130/1/.html

singapore boleh....

took the last mrt train last night and wow.... no need to be an expert, one look you see alot of young PRC's, mostly ladies... Then you have strange looking foreigners trying to blend in on the mrt. You can already tell that they are PRs.

I believe more developers will be doing roadshows overseas and engaging overseas property agents to market their units in Singapore. The percentage of local buyers of pte condos will shrink as affordability becomes an issue and more locals switch to BTOs and ECs.

Tong bao men, lai ah!
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    I believe more developers will be doing roadshows overseas and engaging overseas property agents to market their units in Singapore. The percentage of local buyers of pte condos will shrink as affordability becomes an issue and more locals switch to BTOs and ECs.
    Switching to EC may not be that simple. Need to ballot. By the time you have your chance, you are probably left with low floor units and poor facing units. That's why quite a few will still choose mass market if price is right. No hassle, first come first served. ATT is a good example. I think some Tampines ARC people were lured there.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Switching to EC may not be that simple. Need to ballot. By the time you have your chance, you are probably left with low floor units and poor facing units. That's why quite a few will still choose mass market if price is right. No hassle, first come first served. ATT is a good example. I think some Tampines ARC people were lured there.
    First timer snatched up 50% of ATT. You still have your chance with 50% @ second timer ballot. If no desired units at the queue don't buy, just go there feel the rosiness.
    Affordable means small

Quote Originally Posted by yjcai
    First timer snatched up 50% of ATT. You still have your chance with 50% @ second timer ballot. If no desired units at the queue don't buy, just go there feel the rosiness.
    ATT is a pte condo so where got first timer second timer? So are you saying there's balloting for pte condo??

Interested buyers of the same unit will put in cheque and ballot. Quite common in hot development. People may buy out of peer pressure due to emotion with everyone writing in the showflats.
    Quote Originally Posted by kane
    ATT is a pte condo so where got first timer second timer? So are you saying there's balloting for pte condo??

Balloting for punggol? There's always a first I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Balloting for punggol? There's always a first I guess.
    Hdb bto in punggol also goto ballot wat

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Wow, during my time, no such things as balloting for EC. I joined the queue for HDB Executive Flat (as a 2nd timer) but waited for about 8 yrs, no news for the HDB EF instead I got an option letter for the EC (based on my queue number). My queue number was 2000+ and there were only around 300+ units. Thought that I don't stand any chance but still give it a try, in the end manage to get one.