Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: When will we see a significant price correction .... or wont we ?

Default When will we see a significant price correction .... or wont we ?

In your opinion, when will the trouble on the wordlwide stock markets and the banking problems start to " hit " the real etstate market in Singapore ?
    My guess is that if we do not see any improvements, pricing will start to really slide latest in November ..... but other ppl thnk of course that everybody is so afraid of inflation, that property can only be stable or go up, regaesless of the rest of the markets...what do you think ?

UOB Kay Hian says: "Residential property prices will fall 8%-10% over the next year".

Not forgetting we will see more BTO and 17 GLS for 2011H2...
    More downside to come in 2012Q1...
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

patience, coming already.. but many have holding power and developers have accumulated lots of reserve for the last few years ...so..be patience
    maybe end 2012 .. maybe...be patience

No one knows for sure but even if housing prices fall by 10%, it is still above the highs of 2008. Then again anything can happen! I have 2 simple questions in light of the impending troubles reaching our shores.

1. In a time when stocks are so volatile and housing prices may see a dip in years to come, is gold a viable investment portfolio?

2. The 2008/9 recession lasted a little more than 1 year only and it was primarily stemmed from USA. Now, with Europe in the picture, will the expected recession (if it ever happens) stretch beyond 2 years? Everyone is talking about 2012 being the start of the down so will it clear up by 2015? Some even argue that we are still in the midst of the previous recession so it is actually a double dip but whatever the argument, how long will the down last before positive signs kick in?

Quote Originally Posted by 3C
    patience, coming already.. but many have holding power and developers have accumulated lots of reserve for the last few years ...so..be patience
    maybe end 2012 .. maybe...be patience
    Have been patience for very long already!!! How long more? 2012/2013/2014? No one knows for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Have been patience for very long already!!! How long more? 2012/2013/2014? No one knows for sure!
    most good units will always appear "expensive" with respect to the market codition at that time. as long as u can see the potential can buy already. tat the case for us when we bought our unit, at all time high for tat developmet. but now we smiling to the bank : )

I can see a price correction already. Earlier when I did search on propertyguru for already built condos under 800K I hardly found any. Now I can see some.

Check this out:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...regent-heights

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...sale-northvale

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...ota-park-condo

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...ma-tanah-merah

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-melville-park
    Last edited by revhappy; 12-09-11 at 19:32.

I am not saying that the above prices are damn cheap, but atleast now lots of listings have come up. The above listings are all for today, which means owners have started realizing that downturn can come anytime and have started calling their agents

This is the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by revhappy
    I believe correction means prices done rather than advertised....

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    I believe correction means prices done rather than advertised....
    These prices are actually less than what they were 6 months back. Also, surely those prices are negotiable. Agents jack up prices atleast 20%. If nobody calls them surely they will go for 20% lesser

My agent told me rental market is scary. Owners finding v. difficult to rent out. She had a unit at Marbella to rent and no takers for quite a long time. One unit at Equatorial also empty for 3 months. I didn't ask her how much rent was asking but knowing this agent, she won't be advising her client for sky-high rent.

Maybe the tenants are moving out to OCR???

Quote Originally Posted by revhappy
    These prices are actually less than what they were 6 months back. Also, surely those prices are negotiable. Agents jack up prices atleast 20%. If nobody calls them surely they will go for 20% lesser
    But they are either ground floor units or far far away place

In general the golden cow ship is departing, those dreamers esp resale units with so so location still waiting for sky high profit can kiss good bye and miss the ship. Soon many will rush for the ship when reality strucks

New development will still have sometime to go due to liquity & low interest rate..But then the world now is different, everything can happened overnight.. That's the price to pay for information technology
    where news used to filtered down in months can reach us within seconds

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    My agent told me rental market is scary. Owners finding v. difficult to rent out. She had a unit at Marbella to rent and no takers for quite a long time. One unit at Equatorial also empty for 3 months. I didn't ask her how much rent was asking but knowing this agent, she won't be advising her client for sky-high rent.

Rental isit above 5k?

my friend's casabella is still waiting for renters, after being on the market for almost 10 months.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    my friend's casabella is still waiting for renters, after being on the market for almost 10 months.
    jialat.

devilplate: Yes rental is above 5K. Apparently tenants are v. price sensitive these days (the fat expat packages are becoming extinct). Units asking for 3K can still rent out but 4K getting difficult and 5K almost impossible. That's for 3-bedders. Those who bought at sky-high prices are going to get a shock when TOP comes and there are just too many units. My agent already told me there are too many units now. Let alone in 2 or 3 years time down the road. The future does not look rosy for investment property.

Can't your friend accept a lower rental?
    Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Can't your friend accept a lower rental?
    10 mths, that says alot about freehold condo not near to transport modes for rental.

It also says alot about the lousy agent. Time to change!

i won't be banging on a down market to enter the market. In any times, i believe there will be value buys, it's up to the individual to sieve it out

like i shared, properties not near to mrt, freehold or not, good luck to them. HDB n LH 99 @ MRT will still command the best rental yield.

With MRT all over the place in next 10 years, the lousy location developments will only face more n more competition.

The above refers to rental properties, own self stay one as long as one likes the ulu enviroment, also doesnt matter. It could be a preference for individuals.

10 mths, that says alot about freehold condo not near to transport modes for rental.

It also says alot about the lousy agent. Time to change!
    10 months empty says the asking rental is too high...

There's always takers at the right price.... Basic theory of demand and supply.

[/IMG]

its pretty clear, up to 2020. For investment purpose, to milk the FT thats coming our way, its either within walking distance , or its not. Crystal clear!

Since we cannot stop them from coming, make sure we welcome them into our nice cosy little houses.

Seeing the previous comment on Marbella, dont think the location matters here. Marbella is a very good location within walking distance to Dover MRT, less than 1km from Henry Park primary. Close to Holland V and still freehold. Went to see a few units there, quite a few ang moh expats there.
    Looks like obvious signs of slowdown .

like i shared, properties not near to mrt, freehold or not, good luck to them. HDB n LH 99 @ MRT will still command the best rental yield.

With MRT all over the place in next 10 years, the lousy location developments will only face more n more competition.

The above refers to rental properties, own self stay one as long as one likes the ulu enviroment, also doesnt matter. It could be a preference for individuals.

The 2 "feng shu" canoe paddles on the far right seems red hot now! All new launches there seems fast n furious!!!

jialat.

devilplate: Yes rental is above 5K. Apparently tenants are v. price sensitive these days (the fat expat packages are becoming extinct). Units asking for 3K can still rent out but 4K getting difficult and 5K almost impossible. That's for 3-bedders. Those who bought at sky-high prices are going to get a shock when TOP comes and there are just too many units. My agent already told me there are too many units now. Let alone in 2 or 3 years time down the road. The future does not look rosy for investment property.
    Need some advise here. Gurus, what do you think of a 3-bedder 1400 sq ft double storey low floor apartment very near Kembagan MRT renting for $3k a month? Is it cheap? Or is it expensive?
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Need some advise here. Gurus, what do you think of a 3-bedder 1400 sq ft double storey low floor apartment very near Kembagan MRT renting for $3k a month? Is it cheap? Or is it expensive?
    State the project name

Quote Originally Posted by Santro
    Seeing the previous comment on Marbella, dont think the location matters here. Marbella is a very good location within walking distance to Dover MRT, less than 1km from Henry Park primary. Close to Holland V and still freehold. Went to see a few units there, quite a few ang moh expats there.
    Looks like obvious signs of slowdown .
    more likely policies doesnt favor resale properties. new launches still seems chill hot. ATT , meyerise, treasure, EuHab all get tons of sales. Resales looks dead though.

Marbella looks like a good property, pretty good rental from URA figures, 4.5 psf medium rental. pretty big units by today's standard. The greenery facing units on High floor looks good! Quantum is the killer factor.

think the post election PAP approach is the wet blanket. Super tightening of FT inflow is killing sentiments.

more likely policies doesnt favor resale properties. new launches still seems chill hot. ATT , meyerise, treasure, EuHab all get tons of sales. Resales looks dead though.

Marbella looks like a good property, pretty good rental from URA figures, 4.5 psf medium rental. pretty big units by today's standard. The greenery facing units on High floor looks good! Quantum is the killer factor.

think the post election PAP approach is the wet blanket. Super tightening of FT inflow is killing sentiments.
    But tot we r toking abt rental here?

I tink the issue lies on the rental quantum....above 5k rental is tough