Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MRT vs Location

Default MRT vs Location

Assuming two properties having the same price, area, psf, layout, facing, amenities etc.

Property A is located in a central location, e.g. Bishan, far from MRT >1km.
    Property B is located in far north, e.g. Pungol, but near MRT <200m.

Which one is a better buy and why? Should i get a better location or nearer to MRT? or its a no brainer? Just for discussion, no flaming pls

If buy to stay, I will buy the Bishan one as it is more centralised and I don't use MRT.
    If buy to rent out, then I buy the Punggol one cos properties very near MRT are great investments.

Quote Originally Posted by testtest
    Assuming two properties having the same price, area, psf, layout, facing, amenities etc.

Which one is a better buy and why? Should i get a better location or nearer to MRT? or its a no brainer? Just for discussion, no flaming pls
    you are trying to say clover vs ATT? But their price different by a lot leh..

I think you can change the question to minton vs ATT, easier for people to compare..

Anyway if its clover vs ATT and their price are the same, of course get clover and everyone will say it's a no brainer.. real market prices also reflect this.. so you cant really compare centre non-MRT vs far north MRT..

Like i say a better comparison can be a more ulu minton vs ATT where market prices are similar than the comparison will be more sensible..
    Last edited by linchong84; 17-09-11 at 12:00.

Will go for punggol as there will be more upside and near mrt station. How much more upside for Bishan especially with more than 1km to the mrt station? Noise next to Bishan mrt like capitaland coming launches at $1450psf. How many will bite and especially the surrounding sites of highrise residential? Will it be a sell-out like ATT? There will be more upside with a lower base. There is exception at Bishan unless a very good school is relocated or new shopping mall next to the Bishan site.

Quote Originally Posted by linchong84
    you are trying to say clover vs ATT? But their price different by a lot leh..

I think you can change the question to minton vs ATT, easier for people to compare..
    Or it can be The Quartz vs The Gardens at Bishan....it is not my intend to to give actual condo example as people will start to compare which is better etc. The intend is to compare MRT vs Location.

I will choose Punggol any time. Bishan is not even central to begin with. It is a suburban vs suburban.. I will choose MRT. Somemore, price much cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    I will choose Punggol any time. Bishan is not even central to begin with. It is a suburban vs suburban.. I will choose MRT. Somemore, price much cheaper.
    his assumption is price is the same.. that's means eg, clover 850psf.. you will choose ATT over clover in that kind of same price scenario?

Anyway testtest said "centre", not "central".. Bishan is indeed in the centre of Singapore..

The Bishan and Punggol are only examples....what I am asking if will you buy one that you considered in a superior location but far from MRT OR one that is not so good location but super near to MRT.

Same price mean absolute price but will be much smaller in Bishan. 3 bedder in Punggol and 2 bedder or 1+1 in Bishan.
    Quote Originally Posted by linchong84
    his assumption is price is the same.. that's means eg, clover 850psf.. you will choose ATT over clover in that kind of same price scenario?

Anyway testtest said "centre", not "central".. Bishan is indeed in the centre of Singapore..

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Same price mean absolute price but will be much smaller in Bishan. 3 bedder in Punggol and 2 bedder or 1+1 in Bishan.
    haha.. no lah.. u read his opening post..

it's something like twin units that look exactly the same except in different location..

Anyway testtest, location is very subjective and have many different levels of "grades".. Without specific examples it's hard to compare as it gets too generic and ambiguous..

Given all stats/price the same and only difference of proximity to MRT..

Whether for stay or investment, I will definitely go for only property A.

I definitely choose central location over far location with MRT .. unless a person is 100% rely on MRT to go out/in

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    I definitely choose central location over far location with MRT .. unless a person is 100% rely on MRT to go out/in
    or if you bought a place next to joo koon mrt and works at joo koon or expo mrt and works at CBP , only do online shopping etc

Your kids will hate you though..away from everything else

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Yes! Yes! If I have the choice, I will definitely choose central area given everything the same (floor area, price etc). I had stayed in central before and now staying in suburban area and I know how much time spend during my travelling. Unless you are 100% depending on the MRT and not on any buses or cars, then maybe near to MRT is your best choice but again, depend on where you work and most of the time where you go.

depends

Let's say

Far north MRT <200m = 3mins to station + wait for train 3 mins + 20 mins to town = 26 mins

Central MRT> 1km. = 6mins wait for feeder bus, 6 mins to MRT + 3 mins wait for train + 12 mins to town = 27 mins

I will choose MRT <200m far north and cheaper yet faster to town.

Unless development is wthin City fringe, anything outside and not walking distance will take a while to reach town either by car or bus. So, mrt will help them to save some time. It still boils down to how many stations to reach town and not just the physical distance of the mrt line to town.

how about this?

These are indicative current prices of 1.7m

Clover (1600sqft), Mera Springs (1300sqft), Amaryllis Ville (1260sqft)
    Both Clover and AV are LH99 but MS is FH
    AV seems the best location, 3mins walk to Utd Sq and in between 2 MRTs.
    MS is FH, but very close to CTE but the nearest to City...
    Clover is center of Singapore, facing the park and near many HDB amenities.. bigger in size but not livable spaces..

WHICH WILL YOU CHOOSE AND WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    how about this?

Clover is center of Singapore, facing the park and near many HDB amenities.. bigger in size but not livable spaces..

My choice in order of preference

1. AV - proximity to MRT, United Square, Orchard, Newton. Highly liveable for own stay and rental
    2. Clover - proximity to HDB amenities. Highly liveable for own stay, moderate for rental
    3. MS - wrong side of CTE, noise fm CTE

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    My choice in order of preference

1. AV - proximity to MRT, United Square, Orchard, Newton. Highly liveable for own stay and rental
    2. Clover - proximity to HDB amenities. Highly liveable for own stay, moderate for rental
    3. MS - wrong side of CTE, noise fm CTE
    I'll go with howgozit for similar reasons.

good to know that people would pick location over FH

how about this?

Is that why you sold your unit at clover?
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Is that why you sold your unit at clover?
    not really, i sold because some nice couple offered me my BUY NOW price...

Quote Originally Posted by toufu
    depends

Let's say

Far north MRT <200m = 3mins to station + wait for train 3 mins + 20 mins to town = 26 mins

Central MRT> 1km. = 6mins wait for feeder bus, 6 mins to MRT + 3 mins wait for train + 12 mins to town = 27 mins

I will choose MRT <200m far north and cheaper yet faster to town.
    bias reply just because you bought ATT?
    how can you claim it to be faster by an arbitrary 1min calculation? lol!
    what if you want to go Orchard? or work in Raffles Place? NEL must change at DG rite? the walk from NEL to NSL or CEL is at least 5mins! plus another 3mins wait and 3 mins train...
    and after midnite your cab ride could be more to Far North compared to Central

bias reply just because you bought ATT?
    how can you claim it to be faster by an arbitrary 1min calculation? lol!
    what if you want to go Orchard? or work in Raffles Place? NEL must change at DG rite? the walk from NEL to NSL or CEL is at least 5mins! plus another 3mins wait and 3 mins train...
    and after midnite your cab ride could be more to Far North compared to Central
    Although his views are biased, but he's also too positive about the non-mrt timing to reach town.. Bus waiting can be very long and bus can travel and stop for very long too.. Timing should be about the same lah..

Actually got money buy condo why want to save on car.. it's hard to live without a car.. if have a car, the one at the centre will be better..

FH and in CBD will be ultimate choice.
    good to know that people would pick location over FH

Will go for punggol as there will be more upside and near mrt station. How much more upside for Bishan especially with more than 1km to the mrt station? Noise next to Bishan mrt like capitaland coming launches at $1450psf. How many will bite and especially the surrounding sites of highrise residential? Will it be a sell-out like ATT? There will be more upside with a lower base. There is exception at Bishan unless a very good school is relocated or new shopping mall next to the Bishan site.
    for ownstay or investment?

How about MRT and location and FH ? This is not impossible even with your 1.7m budget.

FH and in CBD will be ultimate choice.
    robinson suites?

No bias interest as I have not bought any at ATT. Ownstay for ATT and wait for cap appreciation which may take a longer time. Too high to enter Bishan project with limited upside for $1450psf at least for the next 5 years. Design may not bite at this place and too many highrise around in future. Just an opinion. Bishan Mall is not great.
    Quote Originally Posted by august
    for ownstay or investment?

Boils down to size.
    Quote Originally Posted by amk
    How about MRT and location and FH ? This is not impossible even with your 1.7m budget.