Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The property crash that will never come:

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    DBSS at Sentosa after they've reviewed the DBSS this last month or two...
    Launch a few ec sites in rcr and ccr lor....hehe

EC without income ceiling and pte property ownership limitation fornthe sandwiched locals. Comes with minimum 5 year MOP.

you guys very funny leh.. KBW needs to return back to Bhutan build temple liao....devil's post make sense but will it happen?

maybe release few plots near mrt with high plot ratio and @ high market price once the current phase of mad rush completed.

good to maintain the high price and sell the overstock ocr flats.... singaporean must be "realistic".

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    So what kinds of measures you guys think Khaw will implement?

income ceiling already reviewed. More flats to be built, more BTO at ulu places and wats next? Private housing?
    Khaw's reply was in the context of foreign purchase of private condo. The most likely measure is lower LTV for foreigners lah.....copy HK style & politically popular also.....

Now he probably wants to study the LTV profile of foreign purchase in depth first before acting.

Quote Originally Posted by yaozong7
    Khaw's reply was in the context of foreign purchase of private condo. The most likely measure is lower LTV for foreigners lah.....copy HK style & politically popular also.....

Now he probably wants to study the LTV profile of foreign purchase in depth first before acting.
    prices nvr shoot up...no further CM yet...in fact many r expecting prices to drop

EU crisis bestest CM oredi

KBW should concentrate on HDB controlled property such as DBSS, BTO and EC as these already contributes to 80% of singaporeans dwelling needs ..pls leave the pte property market alone to market force!!!

Garmen should not yield to those who complain about pte property too high cannot own just like COE ....those are short sighted people, just think about it if pte property drops like what they want , what will happen to HDB flats, DBSS and EC and those who have bought them will not enjoy any price appreciation and bank default will come amidst other problems...

Price of property will go up as long as ecomony is good, and among other factors such as stable political env, size of country, population increase etc etc..

EU crisis if confirm comes and with full effect..rental will drop Eventually....location of property becomes important...

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    EU crisis if confirm comes and with full effect..rental will drop Eventually....location of property becomes important...
    eventually its the price tat u bot matter most!

Location of properties has always been very important... then will be more important!

Location of properties has always been very important... then will be more important!
    sell me a brandnew tengah condo at 300psf...i will grab a few

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    sell me a brandnew tengah condo at 300psf...i will grab a few
    Me too. U have any?

People will still want to rent in ccr in a crisis at dirt cheap prices.

When all the properties at dirt cheap rentals get filled up in ccr, then people consider ever dirtier cheap rentals in rcr

By the time it gets to ocr, it super dirt cheap.... if you can still find a tenant....

Yes LOCATION still counts in a crisis

I heard the opposite experience, ccr no tenant. Ocr found a tenant real quick.

Nope. CCR rental is strong.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    I heard the opposite experience, ccr no tenant. Ocr found a tenant real quick.

Yeah. Your claim is proven by URA data anyway. D1, D2, D9 rental are the strongest and highest - crisis or no crisis. Period. There is no argument about it. Of course, there will be people who say OCR rental is higher . Lazy to reply also.

Of course, CCR prices also highest at any point of time - Crisis or no crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    People will still want to rent in ccr in a crisis at dirt cheap prices.

When all the properties at dirt cheap rentals get filled up in ccr, then people consider ever dirtier cheap rentals in rcr

By the time it gets to ocr, it super dirt cheap.... if you can still find a tenant....

Yes LOCATION still counts in a crisis

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Nope. CCR rental is strong.
    yes, bro thomastansb is absolutely correct. I humbly owned a few CCR , RCR and OCR properties and so my own conclusion is this:

New CCR > new RCR = new OCR

15 years old CCR > new RCR BUT 15 years old CCR < new OCR ( ??? beats me too, for example D9 15 years old old 3 bedder is approx S$4000. In 5 years old OCR, it is S$4500 !!! )

new RCR = new OCR Rental ( Here also very strange... some OCR can be as far as Pasir Ris leh....hmmmmm )

old OCR < old RCR < old CCR rental

A new CCR 2 bedder in D9,10 or 11 can fetch S$7000 easily now. I am aiming it for S$10K because that is the rental of New York lesser district like Baltimore mah..

e.g here : but this is dropped liao leh:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-rent-the-metz

Which project 2bdr can fetch 7k easily?

eventually its the price tat u bot matter most!

why so work up? I dont wish for Euro Crisis to happen in full blown effect as it may come with dire consequences...

firstly, I not so black heart( I am afriad of karma) to wish that crisis come again more seriously ,

secondly,my thought is if the cirsis happens, it may last a period of time with repercussions which no one can predict..at that time it will be challenging to find FTs who are portential tenants, let alone finding buyer to buy RESALE units, it will not be easy even NOW it is alrady difficult

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    why so work up? I dont wish for Euro Crisis to happen in full blown effect as it may come with dire consequences...

firstly, I not so black heart( I am afriad of karma) to wish that crisis come again more seriously ,

secondly,my thought is if the cirsis happens, it may last a period of time with repercussions which no one can predict..at that time it will be challenging to find FTs who are portential tenants, let alone finding buyer to buy RESALE units, it will not be easy even NOW it is alrady difficult
    Am i work up?

To me location comes after entry px

300psf lim chu kang vs 3kpsf prime orchard....i will choose 300psf

Definitely. Price is always the first factor. Location, amenities, MRT etc are used to justify your price - to make you feel better.

Am i work up?

To me location comes after entry px

300psf lim chu kang vs 3kpsf prime orchard....i will choose 300psf

My friend bought a subsale condo opposite KK Hospital. What is this district no.? He rented out for only $4.4k for a 3 bedroom unit and it is about 16 storey high.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    My friend bought a subsale condo opposite KK Hospital. What is this district no.? He rented out for only $4.4k for a 3 bedroom unit and it is about 16 storey high.
    Shd b d8?...Merlot? Mera spring?

Not bad rental, what's the profile of the tenant?

I thought it is quite low for a 3 bedder.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    I thought it is quite low for a 3 bedder.
    Go further out by another 10mins drive and the average would be around 4k. $400 of savings per month.

Hope Singapore will not be like US current state:

Nevada has the highest unemployment of any US state at 13.4 percent, and housing prices have plunged 17 percent since the market burst four years ago, igniting the financial meltdown that sent the US economy into a nosedive.

"Nationwide, more than 10 million homeowners are underwater. That means they owe more than those houses are worth. And here in Las Vegas, the city hit hardest of all, almost the entire housing market is under severe stress," Obama said.

He acknowledged, however, that "the housing market won't be fully healed until the unemployment rate comes down and the inventory of homes on the market comes down."

The combination of high unemployment and falling home prices has fed on itself since the housing market began to plunge, putting millions of homeowners in default and stalling any recovery in the market.

Moody's predicts that foreclosures will rise next year to a record 1.5 million.

US economy and Singapore's is vastly different... any resemblances is but coincidence. Don't read too much. Singapore economy may reflect US' because it is partially dependent on US's economy but it will never duplicate US' economy.

Looking at what happen at Regent Residence with people balloting fiercely for units of 500k. It can be really scary when our economy deteriorates next year with retrenchment or a hike in interest rate. SOR is now catching up with SIBOR.
    US economy and Singapore's is vastly different... any resemblances is but coincidence. Don't read too much. Singapore economy may reflect US' because it is partially dependent on US's economy but it will never duplicate US' economy.

I heard that he is from Mauritius. He and his wife are working (something to do with banking and finance).

I heard that he is from Mauritius. He and his wife are working (something to do with banking and finance).
    most likely middle management to be paying that sort of rental.