Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what to look for when renting landed property?

Default what to look for when renting landed property?

hdb i stay before condo i stay before....now going to rent landed property but just want to ask advice from seasoned bros what to look for.....i.e shouldnt be along major road,near schs,near busstop/coffeeshop...etc....any bro got 2 advice can share.....

Where are looking at?
    Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    hdb i stay before condo i stay before....now going to rent landed property but just want to ask advice from seasoned bros what to look for.....i.e shouldnt be along major road,near schs,near busstop/coffeeshop...etc....any bro got 2 advice can share.....

Bro....frankel/siglap goodie

As long no main road

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Bro....frankel/siglap goodie

As long no main road
    bro are u stalking me wahlan....EXACTLY where i looking frankel....but off main road....

Need to have a driveway to park two cars.
    bro are u stalking me wahlan....EXACTLY where i looking frankel....but off main road....

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Need to have a driveway to park two cars.
    ha ha u are right......hard to find.......1 car must park outside...

Wah, u so rich now, can rent frankel house!
    If house can only park one car, make sure the road is wide enough for 2 cars to park on both sides and traffic can still pass through, otherwise the neighbours would usually squabble over parking space.

It would be better if the house got a side gate or at least a gate that can be manually opened, instead of one with only autogate, cos if the autogate spoil, then u can't enter house.

Hopefully your immediate neighbour not thinking of A & A.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    If house can only park one car, make sure the road is wide enough for 2 cars to park on both sides and traffic can still pass through, otherwise the neighbours would usually squabble over parking space.

It would be better if the house got a side gate or at least a gate that can be manually opened, instead of one with only autogate, cos if the autogate spoil, then u can't enter house.

Hopefully your immediate neighbour not thinking of A & A.
    yup i kinda realised that landed got its own set of problems....cars all over the shop...the siglap area not too bad but some time earlier when i was scouting around riverina and loyang villas the small roads were a nightmare....really sad to pay 1 to xxx millions for ur own piece of land and live thru these kind of nightmares of squeezing thru parked cars on a daily basis....the few $$$ that u pay to hdb for a parking lot every month or to mcst makes a lot of sense...

yup i kinda realised that landed got its own set of problems....cars all over the shop...the siglap area not too bad but some time earlier when i was scouting around riverina and loyang villas the small roads were a nightmare....really sad to pay 1 to xxx millions for ur own piece of land and live thru these kind of nightmares of squeezing thru parked cars on a daily basis....the few $$$ that u pay to hdb for a parking lot every month or to mcst makes a lot of sense...
    Landed area got cats problem as well....cats vy gd at vandalising cars

honestly the word FRANKEL is a very BIG word just like SINGAPORE....cos frankel got all kinda houses look hard enough...u can get a bargain....just like singapore i was watching the f1 on tv tonite to the millions of people worldwide watching they must be thinking omg spore is such a big time country but we know that just like any other big city in the world its not that bad if your not too choosy and fussy and willing to work hard you will be comfortable and OK...

Landed area got cats problem as well....cats vy gd at vandalising cars
    i got 2 dogs....not a problem...

i got 2 dogs....not a problem...
    Cats love to do their artwork on the cars tat park outside the house

My car last time park at open hdb lot, got vandalise till sian liao....hehe

Hey, not many landlords allow pets wor...u better check clear

ya know what u mean if no dogs allowed...i no rent.......i agree cats can be a nuisance some hdb households keep so many cats...and they like to stray....just like in olden days in singapore u go malay kampong got many cats....chinese kampong got many dogs.....sigh those were the good old days....

ya know what u mean if no dogs allowed...i no rent.......i agree cats can be a nuisance some hdb households keep so many cats...and they like to stray....just like in olden days in singapore u go malay kampong got many cats....chinese kampong got many dogs.....sigh those were the good old days....
    I believe renting a landed is more complicated....make sure the tenancy agreement is drafted properly

Gd luck man

Make sure no white line drawn in the middle of the road. Car can be summoned eventhough it is just outside the gate.
    ha ha u are right......hard to find.......1 car must park outside...

They like to sleep on top of the car at night.

I believe this landed property for rental would meet even the most stringent requirements.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=12118

They like to sleep on top of the car at night.
    wait till they sleep on an F1 car...

Make sure no white line drawn in the middle of the road. Car can be summoned eventhough it is just outside the gate.
    ya past few days i been looking thru my highway code handbooks....

Watch out for water batch on the ceiling, floor etc. That post some trouble if later owner delay in response to these . Also agreed on the arrangement for repair cost.

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    Watch out for water batch on the ceiling, floor etc. That post some trouble if later owner delay in response to these . Also agreed on the arrangement for repair cost.
    tks i going to sign ta tommorow.......will check everything....

landed living is HEAVENLY.....

tks bros for your inputs i have settled in to my rented d15 house....it is absolute blissful compared to living in my previous condo.....

tks bros for your inputs i have settled in to my rented d15 house....it is absolute blissful compared to living in my previous condo.....
    Guess u may be hooked on landed..., maybe when u r free, can scout around to own yours soon. Enjoy...

Now you know why people like to stay in landed.

Please tell me why is it so?

I am so apprehensive about staying in landed as I have stayed in flats and condos all my life.
    The reason why I bought the landed was because I saw my husband's face lighted up so brightly when he saw the place, and I wished I could buy the house for him. Since I can't buy it on my own for him, I supported his decision to buy it.
    I am cherishing every moment I have now in my present place.

Yes Bro. Share with us your experiences. I too have been living in HDB/Condo all the while and very tempted to try landed.
    Is it a good option for family with primary school going kids.

Please tell me why is it so?

I am so apprehensive about staying in landed as I have stayed in flats and condos all my life.
    The reason why I bought the landed was because I saw my husband's face lighted up so brightly when he saw the place, and I wished I could buy the house for him. Since I can't buy it on my own for him, I supported his decision to buy it.
    I am cherishing every moment I have now in my present place.
    can make more babies

can make more babies
    With Vitamin M deficiency, better not get pregnant.

I've stayed in landed in the past with my parents. What I can say is whether landed, condo or HDB, it really depends on your neighbors which will make you like or hate your stay. Unfortunately, HDB will lose out coz the type of neighbors extents beyond just your block into other blocks and each block consists of up to 90 units so chances of finding an inconsiderate neighbor is much higher than when staying in landed or condo. I've also encountered staying in landed with selfish neighbors when my family car was issued a parking summon when some new neighbor complained about illegal parking when the past 10 years, everyone is doing it. Very different experience for different people...

Anyway, congrats on your new rented house. Enjoy it while you can and remember to be a nice neighbor.

With Vitamin M deficiency, better not get pregnant.
    Sometimes its beyond one's control... LOL!