Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Parc Vera - New Riverfront Condo @ Hougang - Sim Lian Group

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Parc vera only about 800psf leh....20% can liao la

Its ccr projects like scotts twr nid at least 50% discount! Whahahaha
    If you want 400psf hdb and 600psf ocr, then this project needs 25% discount... Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy
    usually how much ah condo shuttle bus? 50cts per ride?
    Not too sure... I guess some condos absorbed in the maintenance fee.

50% of project sold at the end of nov.

We got a unit there... Any future neighbours here?

Quote Originally Posted by PV Excit
    We got a unit there... Any future neighbours here?
    congrats. what is the psf there ?

This condo in under the WP ward. Area is pretty old..

It ranges from s$7xx to s$9xx psf. Medium ard s$850.

We don't mind the fact it's under WP, at the rate government trying to please the public after GE2011, coupled with complains that areas under opposition party been biased against etc, who knows what government may do.

My hubby likes quieter places

More importantly, we have a budget la

It ranges from s$7xx to s$9xx psf. Medium ard s$850.

We don't mind the fact it's under WP, at the rate government trying to please the public after GE2011, coupled with complains that areas under opposition party been biased against etc, who knows what government may do.

My hubby likes quieter places

More importantly, we have a budget la
    Thats great! Congrats on buying ur home!!

Tks!!! As we are newbies, we sure have lots to ask in future. Hope the bros & sistas here can guide us

Oh yes, happy cny! HUAT AR!!!

Tks!!! As we are newbies, we sure have lots to ask in future. Hope the bros & sistas here can guide us

Congrats! You will be pleased to note that the defu industrial park will be rejuvenated and revamped into more high tech industry and clean spaces with integrated retail and green corridors. I will not say much for now, but I would say parc Vera is very reasonably priced. Enjoy!

Just wondering, how far is the MRT for this location?

If you are asking, it means very far - my guess is at least 15 min walk. Unlikely for Defu industrial zone to be rejuvenated into high-tech industrial park. Which high-tech industry by the way? Our electronics industrial is a sunset industry. Its heyday in 1970s and 1980s are over.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    If you are asking, it means very far - my guess is at least 15 min walk. Unlikely for Defu industrial zone to be rejuvenated into high-tech industrial park. Which high-tech industry by the way? Our electronics industrial is a sunset industry. Its heyday in 1970s and 1980s are over.
    Hmm...information is still embargoed...but I know of friends planning for defu 2015 and beyond. It's going to be quite exciting but URA will be very tight-lipped. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Just wondering, how far is the MRT for this location?
    I walk before. Ya 15mins walk cos my stupid friend interested in parc Vera forced me to walk with her to test the distance. So hot la!

Tks, Eastboy! Yes, very happy to hear that... At least, it's better than nothing.

Took a stroll with my heels & took me 18mins to Hougang MRT!!! Too far. But heard a guy saying it took him 13mins? I usually take bus even for my current place which is a 10mins walk from mrt.. So I dont think I will walk... Lol...

Tks, Eastboy! Yes, very happy to hear that... At least, it's better than nothing.

Took a stroll with my heels & took me 18mins to Hougang MRT!!! Too far. But heard a guy saying it took him 13mins? I usually take bus even for my current place which is a 10mins walk from mrt.. So I dont think I will walk... Lol...
    Ya don't worry u will have shuttle bus I think

Yup... anything more than 10 mins of walking is not for people rushing to work... just imagine one fine day waking up late... Also, not the entire route is sheltered so when it rains, its gonna be a literal dampener! This place is splendid in terms of asking price and quiet environment... cheers on your new purchase!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy
    Hmm...information is still embargoed...but I know of friends planning for defu 2015 and beyond. It's going to be quite exciting but URA will be very tight-lipped. Cheers
    Paya Lebar business district was launched about 3 years ago. To date, I don't see many iconic development. http://www.ura.gov.sg/MP2008/paya_lebar.htm

It could be just part of the scholars' dreaming up of fanciful transformation in the area to score their KPIs. On the ground, I believe we are many years away from the dream.

In terms of resources, it has to queue behind the development teams of Jurong Lake District, Marina Bay Financial Center, Paya Lebar business hub, Seletar Aerospace hub etc. Unless an important political figure champions its development.

Paya Lebar business district was launched about 3 years ago. To date, I don't see many iconic development. http://www.ura.gov.sg/MP2008/paya_lebar.htm

It could be just part of the scholars' dreaming up of fanciful transformation in the area to score their KPIs. On the ground, I believe we are many years away from the dream.

In terms of resources, it has to queue behind the development teams of Jurong Lake District, Marina Bay Financial Center, Paya Lebar business hub, Seletar Aerospace hub etc. Unless an important political figure champions its development.
    Well it took abt 20 years before we see punggol21 bear fruit...

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Ya and now punggol 1200 psf lol. 20 yrs ago I think 12psf.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    20 years is a long time. Singapore is an open economy susceptible to external shocks. If you had read Heart Work 2 by EDB, the low hanging fruits and years of explosive growths are gone.

A lot of people are buying into the hype. Only the projects next to the MRT station is okay. Accessibility is an issue for other parts of Punggol.

Did u try walking to kovan mrt? I stay diagonally opp at kovan grandeur and it takes 10 mins moderate walk. Paec vera to kovan grandeur max 5 mins ba...

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Did u try walking to kovan mrt? I stay diagonally opp at kovan grandeur and it takes 10 mins moderate walk. Paec vera to kovan grandeur max 5 mins ba...
    I hv the impression that it's nearer to hougang than to kovan??? Anyway, it's going to be a 15 mins still ba... I think I will still take the wheels

I hv the impression that it's nearer to hougang than to kovan??? Anyway, it's going to be a 15 mins still ba... I think I will still take the wheels
    I think this is nearer to Kovan Mrt. Congrats! IMO, I think this is so much better than all other nearby recent launches around kovan area in terms of price and location.

Either way, it is definitely nearer to the hougang cc and the ntuc fairprice nearby....

Defu industrial estate lease is definitely up in next 2 to 3 years. It is HDB land. As to where the existing industries will be relocated, it's anybody's guess right now. Maybe Sungei Kadut. But the plot of land directly opposite Parc Vera, after the river, is slated for Type 2 Business which is light industry.

I do not think the government will want the same dirty, messy type of industries like Defu now as it will be going back to the eighties. Definitely better planning controls esp building, fire controls and environmental impact. Whatever industries slated should be modern and attract better qualified employees with higher purchasing power to work there. This will in
    turn transform the residential landscape and bodes well for PV in terms of rental potential.

Current Defu workers mostly low wage manual types that live in the surrounding HDBs. Hell, some of them live in the factories oso. Probably got illegal ones too. They will disappear once Defu is gone.
    Last edited by fclim; 20-01-12 at 23:54.

Wondering how come no news on parc vera lately? Any idea on the units sold?

Quote Originally Posted by yuyulili
    Wondering how come no news on parc vera lately? Any idea on the units sold?
    All focus on new launches further up North east... 后港 has taken 后座...

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    All focus on new launches further up North east... 后港 has taken 后座...
    Haha nice saying!m

wait for the tender of that grass patch behind kovan residences to conclude first. i think quite a few hougang residents would bio that plot.