Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold plunge, sell or hold?

User Info Menu

Default Gold plunge, sell or hold?

Dear peeps, I need advices. I bought 2 lots of gold at $1770 when it falls from $18XX. Now gold prices dropped to $1650. If I sell, I will realise a loss of about 10k. If I hold, I risk a margin call at a price of $1200, as I have $50k buffer in the futures account. So if I really hold and gold price drop to $1200, I will lose $50k. I am planning to hold for a year or two and wait for price to rebound, interest rate per lot is $1k per year. How is your view on this? Please help. Thank you.

Junior

User Info Menu

Jadey is the gold expert.

Exalted

User Info Menu

Will qe3 help to push up gold px again?

User Info Menu

my two cents, if you are seeking advice from forum on gold futures, it is best to stay out from the market.

i used to make money on corn futures. i liquidated all positions once i realised that i made money cos i was just lucky, too lucky.

Senior

User Info Menu

The gold chart looks ugly. Was thinking of of a put on gold, but the premium was pretty high. The $100 drop in gold last Friday was a bit of a surprise.

Senior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Montaigne
    Dear peeps, I need advices. I bought 2 lots of gold at $1770 when it falls from $18XX. Now gold prices dropped to $1650. If I sell, I will realise a loss of about 10k. If I hold, I risk a margin call at a price of $1200, as I have $50k buffer in the futures account. So if I really hold and gold price drop to $1200, I will lose $50k. I am planning to hold for a year or two and wait for price to rebound, interest rate per lot is $1k per year. How is your view on this? Please help. Thank you.
    If u can convert to real certified gold, u can pm me as I'm planning to buy some physical gold ;-) At a discount...

User Info Menu

If you play with margin, pls remember money management,chart n emotion. I think gold hv a strong support at 1400. But when stock crash gold will follow...remember when 2008 gold also drop.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Montaigne
    Doubt it will correct to $1200. Hold. 10K you lose now can last 10years?

Exalted

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1000g
    Doubt it will correct to $1200. Hold. 10K you lose now can last 10years?
    Futures r not meant to buy and hold

Only those who bot physical gold to hold

I sell Cheese Pie

User Info Menu

If you are asking for such advice in a property forum, thench you shouldn't be trading gold at all. Sell.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast