Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: House Numbers ??

Default House Numbers ??

Just wondering how many of you are very particular about house numbers. Do you strictly avoid house containing number 4. I know that 4 and 14 are not considered lucky but see some good opportunities where owners of units with numbers/level 4 and 14 selling lower than other units.
    I was looking around and saw some landed with house no 41, 64 and 46. Would you buy a house with these numbers.
    Personally, my first HDB was no 24 and this was very lucky for me but now considering condo/landed where investment is higher. Would you go for a landed house with say house no 46 if it fits your requirements. I am not very superstitious but my only concern is disposing it next time would be a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Santro
    Just wondering how many of you are very particular about house numbers. Do you strictly avoid house containing number 4. I know that 4 and 14 are not considered lucky but see some good opportunities where owners of units with numbers/level 4 and 14 selling lower than other units.
    I was looking around and saw some landed with house no 41, 64 and 46. Would you buy a house with these numbers.
    Personally, my first HDB was no 24 and this was very lucky for me but now considering condo/landed where investment is higher. Would you go for a landed house with say house no 46 if it fits your requirements. I am not very superstitious but my only concern is disposing it next time would be a challenge.
    Buy cheap sell to indians nxt time lor....mabe east coast area wif number 4 goodie

hahaha..Difficult to limit like that mah for landed . 2 bedder condo or HDB can..
    Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Buy cheap sell to indians nxt time lor....mabe east coast area wif number 4 goodie

4 is lucky number in western culture because of the rare 4 leaf clover

Also, numbers ending with 4 is good for some as they like even numbers...

In numerology it's not a bad number too, keeps you grounded

Some like 44 cos its a pair and its good fortune. Shi shi shun li.

How abt 104, 164?

How abt 104, 164?

i also heard that the numbers add up, not to have a 4. etc #08-06.

hahaha..Difficult to limit like that mah for landed . 2 bedder condo or HDB can..
    There are many discussions in this forum in the past, u may read the thread under "Feng Shui"

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...ight=Feng+shui

More house number discussion thread:

"does 4 command discounts?"

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...t=House+number

Happy reading...

Just wondering how many of you are very particular about house numbers. Do you strictly avoid house containing number 4. ...

Would you go for a landed house with say house no 46 if it fits your requirements. I am not very superstitious but my only concern is disposing it next time would be a challenge.
    House number is 1 of the key point listed under this article:

"anatomy of a Good home buy"

Thanks Bro.
    A house with no 83 was snapped up within 1 day at open house but a better unit with number 46 still waiting for sale.
    Considering population majority and since landed are usually targetted by Singaporeans, dont know whether should really go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    House number is 1 of the key point listed under this article:

"anatomy of a Good home buy"

Thanks Bro.
    A house with no 83 was snapped up within 1 day at open house but a better unit with number 46 still waiting for sale.
    Considering population majority and since landed are usually targetted by Singaporeans, dont know whether should really go for it.
    Frankly, i dun mind 46....but i mind 104,14,24,164,4,134,44

13 also some Chinese don't cos it adds up to 4.
    74, 174 may also be a taboo cos of how it sounds in Chinese.

But frankly if you like the house, it really doesn't matter, and it really depends on the person in the house, as in the number may sound inauspicious but it may be good for the person.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    13 also some Chinese don't cos it adds up to 4.
    74, 174 may also be a taboo cos of how it sounds in Chinese.

But frankly if you like the house, it really doesn't matter, and it really depends on the person in the house, as in the number may sound inauspicious but it may be good for the person.
    Once I viewed a house for sale no. 44.

The house was furnished but everything dusty and dirty. Owner went overseas said agent. But house very YIN. The furnishings were expensive rosewood. To me it appeared the owner left in a hurry. Not wanting to come back.

On top of this the house stood at T junction, right at the T part.

Dare not buy.

Frankly, i dun mind 46....but i mind 104,14,24,164,4,134,44
    What about 1024 or 1034? Or 1044?

Quote Originally Posted by sfwoo
    Once I viewed a house for sale no. 44.

The house was furnished but everything dusty and dirty. Owner went overseas said agent. But house very YIN. The furnishings were expensive rosewood. To me it appeared the owner left in a hurry. Not wanting to come back.

On top of this the house stood at T junction, right at the T part.

Dare not buy.
    Sounds scary.... Don't know what happen to the owner right?
    Last time I also saw a house without the owner, agent said owner staying in another place. I saw some family pictures. Owner young with kid. In the end I did not buy. I'd rather see the house with the owner in it.

Hey, so T junction is taboo?
    My future place is at the T junction, but it is a small road.
    It was the last unit there and developer gave slight discount. Initially I thought to myself no way I am gonna buy the unit. But when I went to the exact site where the house will be built, I was smitten by the view of the openess of the T junction.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    What about 1024 or 1034? Or 1044?
    10-34 sounds alrite haha

10-04 i siam aso.....

Last time I also saw a house without the owner, agent said owner staying in another place. I saw some family pictures. Owner young with kid. In the end I did not buy. I'd rather see the house with the owner in it.

It was the last unit there and developer gave slight discount. Initially I thought to myself no way I am gonna buy the unit. But when I went to the exact site where the house will be built, I was smitten by the view of the openess of the T junction.
    T junction got a lot of SHA QI directed at you.
    Get feng shui people to counter it.

If smaller condo unit/HDB then I feel location will be more important. Can still get PR/foreigner to buy/rent it.
    Landed is something thats tricky.

Last time hear from a agent that t-junction is considered not lucky. He was actually trying to sell me a house next to the t-junction by talking bad about the neighbour unit.

If smaller condo unit/HDB then I feel location will be more important. Can still get PR/foreigner to buy/rent it.
    Landed is something thats tricky.
    Why is it tricky?

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    4 is lucky number in western culture because of the rare 4 leaf clover

Also, numbers ending with 4 is good for some as they like even numbers...

In numerology it's not a bad number too, keeps you grounded
    Just like Chinese New Year Hong Bao, isn't most people also give $4 to friends' children or "not so-close" relatives. It is a bit contradicting, we accept or give $4 for CNY Hong Bao but couldn't really accept Unit No.04-xx or xx-04.

Landed is mostly targeted by locals, majority chinese. So have to consider this as a important factor if need to sell later.

Why is it tricky?

Last time hear from a agent that t-junction is considered not lucky. He was actually trying to sell me a house next to the t-junction by talking bad about the neighbour unit.
    I guess it is the general belief that T junction not good, especially if it is at a busy cross junction. But if small lane, then should be okay. However since it is a prefixed idea that it is not good, then I guess my resale would be not so good also.
    So maybe have to sell to non chinese if I ever sell.
    Last time my HDB flat was directly opposite my neighbor, and the corridor was a very long, a Malay family bought over my unit. I sold it within 10days at a reasonable price.

I agree. My HDB unit .. 1024 snapped up in 1 day and must admit very lucky for me as it was my first home.
    I saw some houses, very scary interior with big frog statue and dont know what and the agent say all designed according to Feng Shui .
    Since the $$ quantum in landed is higher thats why confused.

I guess it is the general belief that T junction not good, especially if it is at a busy cross junction. But if small lane, then should be okay. However since it is a prefixed idea that it is not good, then I guess my resale would be not so good also.
    So maybe have to sell to non chinese if I ever sell.
    Last time my HDB flat was directly opposite my neighbor, and the corridor was a very long, a Malay family bought over my unit. I sold it within 10days at a reasonable price.

I agree. My HDB unit .. 1024 snapped up in 1 day and must admit very lucky for me as it was my first home.
    I saw some houses, very scary interior with big frog statue and dont know what and the agent say all designed according to Feng Shui .
    Since the $$ quantum in landed is higher thats why confused.
    Does it look something like this, the frog structure?

I google search and found out that the 3legged toad is supposed to bring the owner wealth .

haha..yes.. thats the one. And there were a lot of similar things all over the place. Really make you doubt if something is wrong with the place if all the items are moved out.

Does it look something like this, the frog structure?

I google search and found out that the 3legged toad is supposed to bring the owner wealth .

haha..yes.. thats the one. And there were a lot of similar things all over the place. Really make you doubt if something is wrong with the place if all the items are moved out.
    Then if you are interested in the house, and are into feng shui, then request to have the things included as well .

Nah..not interested in Feng Shui. Prefer to keep things simple.

Then if you are interested in the house, and are into feng shui, then request to have the things included as well .

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    More house number discussion thread:

"does 4 command discounts?"

Happy reading...
    I know some people offered higher price to buy #04-04 from my condo. Wow!